1. How do you take your s’mores? My marshmallow must be flaming and charred. The more carcinogenic, the better.
2. This chicken avocado caprese salad is the best salad I’ve ever seen.
3. I’m absolutely HORRIBLE at keeping my computer(s) organized. I bought a new Macbook a few months ago and swore up and down that it wouldn’t become the black hole mess of photos that every other computer has. I do back things up multiple times but I never delete or organize on the actual computer. Give me a system!
4. I ended up walking by some of the Lisa Frank clothing line in Macy’s. My inner 9-year old completely died. I mean I want to wear it but as a tween. Not as a thirty-something. Whomp whomp.
5. Whyyyy do I need to jump through hoops to unsubscribe to a sales email? Nooo I did not “accidentally” hit the unsubscribe button and I’m trying to save my wallet from you, Pottery Barn.
6. Very much loving this 5-hour workday concept.
7. I felt so, so old watching the VMA’s – at least most of the time. Who were the two guys behind a desk hosting it? Who was performing? I knew no one! Besides Beyonce… and Britney… and..
8. This quick podcast describes exactly how I feel about the seasons. I’m so not ready for summer to end but then I look through one magazine or see a pretty scarf at anthro and 34 minutes later it’s like hello! I’m ready for you fall!
22 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - Recipe Land
I’m pretty much waaaah, I want it to be summer forever and then I think, actually, sweating is the worst, I want it to be 65 degrees and sunny till 9pm with fresh flowers, herbs, berries, and corn available everyday. Sweater weather + long days = best. Real shame that doesn’t exist in November.
I am a photographer and have ALL of my photos in one folder on my desktop. That folder has folders inside separated by year – each year folder is separated inside by month folders – each month folder is separated inside by event folders – and in each event folder is a RAW folder. I keep everything. :)
You need to use unroll.me for all your email subscriptions! It is FANTASTIC!
agree! its awesome and so simple!!!
i used unroll a few years ago (and still get it and use it) but my subscriptions have just got out of control again!
I bought this in Pink Granita and am OBSESSED! It feels so good on your lips. It isn’t goopy like gloss typically is, and gives just a splash of color and a little shine. Will be buying more… bc what I really need is more lip glosses/balms (spoiler: I don’t).
YAS. i’m too impatient to go for a golden brown marshmallow, so mine always end up black and charred, but i love the squishy middle/crispy exterior thing going on.
I second the unroll.me comment – check it out, it’s the best!!!
I totally feel ya with the disaster computer. I bought a new Macbook a few month ago too, in an effort to be better with this one, and I’m doing better but not great. I signed up for the $9.99/month dropbox which is a terabyte of storage, so I force myself to move all my photos there after I finish a post, based on recipe type in folders. It’s helping a little but I need to be better haha. And I’m trying to save nothing to my desktop.
Loved that podcast. I loveeee summer but fall will always be my absolute fave.
Marshmallows should be slightly browned :P
My computer is a bottomless pit too…It’s too overwhelming to organize files and photos!
Summer should NEVER be over..I will never be “ready” for Fall!
Umm a gooey middle and almost charred outside on the marshmallow. Beyoncé was amazing!! They should’ve had Britney perform her.
I read the first sentence of #5 and immediately thought “Pottery Barn.” And then you said Pottery Barn. They just…don’t ever unsubscribe you, no matter how many times you tell them to. I ended up marking them as spam so I wouldn’t have to see their emails 20 times a day, but now I am going to try unroll.me as some others have suggested. Good luck!
I have never felt older or more out of touch. Or so…bored? The vmas were horrible and will be my last. Would it be too much to ask the performers at least hold the mic near their faces? I mean…why are they even bringing them on stage?
haha bryn. this is SPOT on.
How about all the junk mail phone calls! Argh!
use unroll me!! I loveeeeee it. the website is unroll.me and it lets you mass unsubscribe OR decide to “roll up” emails you still want to see but don’t want to have flooding your inbox – so you get a daily email from unroll me that has those emails in it. I’m HORRIBLE about clearing out my junk email and stuff and this SAVED me.
That 5 hour work week is something I could get behind. I’d be SO much more productive!
Ooh a 5 hour work week? I could do that too!
i hate unsubscribing ! but the bad thing is they never listen. there are sites ive unsubscribed from 10+ times and still get emails from them. like where do you turn these people in ? the internet policy ?
For our photos, we organize by timeframe but I don’t know how well that will work for you if you’re planning/photographing in advance. So we have year folders then month folders then individual event folders and we dump all of the photos in there and then once we edit them, we make an edited folder inside of the event folder for our Lightroom exports (how’s that for a run-on sentence). So a picture path might look like this: 2016/2-Feb/Cancun wedding/edited/cancun-wedding2.jpg.