Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars.
It’s clearly been a s’mores kind of weekend.
Just LOOK at those gooey, melty marshmallows! I can’t deal.
Oh my gosh. You guys. Not only are the recipes completely delicious and simple, they are relatable and easy and quick. I seriously want to eat every single thing in the book. I don’t know what to do with myself.
Plus, there are so many other adorable craft ideas in the book – like crafts that I CAN ACTUALLY DO!
Basically this book speaks to me since the last 20 months of my life have consisted of “just how many things can I get done during this naptime which is supposed to be 90 minutes but will probably be 32 minutes long.” Halp.
Now, these bars. THESE BARS. I had to tell you about them before Labor Day weekend was over because they are SO holiday worthy.
They remind me of the brownies my mom makse where you fold marshmallows into the batter. It doesn’t so much give it a “marshmallowy” taste, but almost a caramel, melted sugar, deliciously caramelized everything taste. And that is exactly what the marshmallows do here too.
Pretty sure these are the best of both worlds for me. There are crunchy, cookie edges and then gooey, chewy centers. The texture freak inside of me is los.ing.it.
I was afraid they’d be too rich but they aren’t. They are just completely perfect. I love them more than s’mores brownies and… well, you know that’s serious business.
Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (6-ounce) chocolate bar, chopped
- a few graham crackers, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crumbs,, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the egg and beat for another minute or so until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients until combined. Scrape the sides if needed. Once the dough has come together, stir the chocolate chips and 3/4 of the marshmallows into the dough with a spatula.
- Press the mixture into the greased baking dish. Top if with the leftover marshmallows, the chopped chocolate and the graham pieces. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and set completely before serving.
I’m going to see these in my dreams.