Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars.
It’s clearly been a s’mores kind of weekend.
Just LOOK at those gooey, melty marshmallows! I can’t deal.
This recipe come’s from Jamielyn’s new I Heart Naptime Cookbook which I AM LOVING.
Oh my gosh. You guys. Not only are the recipes completely delicious and simple, they are relatable and easy and quick. I seriously want to eat every single thing in the book. I don’t know what to do with myself.
Plus, there are so many other adorable craft ideas in the book – like crafts that I CAN ACTUALLY DO!
Basically this book speaks to me since the last 20 months of my life have consisted of “just how many things can I get done during this naptime which is supposed to be 90 minutes but will probably be 32 minutes long.” Halp.
Now, these bars. THESE BARS. I had to tell you about them before Labor Day weekend was over because they are SO holiday worthy.
They remind me of the brownies my mom makse where you fold marshmallows into the batter. It doesn’t so much give it a “marshmallowy” taste, but almost a caramel, melted sugar, deliciously caramelized everything taste. And that is exactly what the marshmallows do here too.
Pretty sure these are the best of both worlds for me. There are crunchy, cookie edges and then gooey, chewy centers. The texture freak inside of me is los.ing.it.
I was afraid they’d be too rich but they aren’t. They are just completely perfect. I love them more than s’mores brownies and… well, you know that’s serious business.
Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (6-ounce) chocolate bar, chopped
- a few graham crackers, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crumbs,, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the egg and beat for another minute or so until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients until combined. Scrape the sides if needed. Once the dough has come together, stir the chocolate chips and 3/4 of the marshmallows into the dough with a spatula.
- Press the mixture into the greased baking dish. Top if with the leftover marshmallows, the chopped chocolate and the graham pieces. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and set completely before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I’m going to see these in my dreams.
15 Comments on “Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars.”
Soooo making! Did you crush the graham crackers or grind them in a blender? I’d think that would make a difference in the finished amount. I refuse to get these wrong!
These look absolutely amazing!
I have been craving s’mores lately.
I’m glad that it’s getting cooler, there is more chances to be beside a fire :P
Ooh they look delicious! :)
These bars look wonderful! I love the cookie base!
I mean you really can’t go wrong with cookies and smores.
I made this last night and they are soooo delicious! I was a little nervous about how they would taste. When I took them out of the oven, the marshmallows were very toasted, but the middle of the pan still looked jiggly, like the batter was uncooked. I didn’t want the marshmallows to toast anymore, so I crossed my fingers and let them cool. So glad I did, because they came out perfect!! I halved the recipe and used an 8×8 pan. I will definitely make these again – thanks for posting!
Hey! I calculated the calories for this recipe. I’m on a diet but I’d LOVE to try this, I’m a sucker for smores.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1,627 calories
1 cup light brown sugar 836 calories
3/4 cup sugar Calories 580 calories
2 large eggs 78×2 calories
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 24 calories
2 cups all-purpose flour 910 calories
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs 178 calories
2 teaspoons baking powder 10 calories
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips 840 calories
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows 239 calories
1 (6-ounce) chocolate bar, chopped 946 calories
a few graham crackers, broken into pieces 177 (for 3 rectangles)
6523 cal , if 20 pieces, 326 per piece
Pingback: What's In Season - September - Cooking in my Genes
Pingback: 50 recipes for summer parties - plays well with butter
Pingback: S'mores Recipe Round-Up! - Chocolate Covered Cheetah
Pingback: happy national s’mores day!
Pingback: End of Summer Bucket List
Pingback: Summer Fridays, Vol 4. - Best Food & Cooking - Kitchenpedia.co
Pingback: Summer Fridays, Vol 10. - Best Food & Cooking - Kitchenpedia.co
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bar