1. Completely dying over this article where a guy documents his first week of work at Target. Ha!
2. Isn’t this watermelon poke just the cutest?!
3. Something I can’t get down with: the avocado bun. Like, using the avocado as the bun for your sandwich. I get the portobello bun. There is some texture and stuff. But won’t I just squish the entire thing if I use an avocado? It’s pretty but can’t happen, right?
4. I hate socks. I mean, I don’t HATE them. I wear them, but the only thing grosser than not wearing socks with shoes that necessitate socks is… nothing. Curling up in a robe and fluffy socks? No. Not into to. Not relaxing. Not even in winter.
5. So glad I’m not the only adult woman whos talks to their mother three times a day.
6. You know what I love better than pumpkin season? APPLE CIDER SEASON.
7. There is officially nothing I want to watch on TV and even over the weekend, Eddie and I couldn’t find anything we watched to binge on. So I rewatched The Affair AND Masters of Sex in anticipation for new seasons. And read like a fiend.
8. I knew that I wasn’t a to-do list freak for nothing!
9. Any Nikon users that have switched to Canon and love it? I’m considering switching (perhaps only out of boredom?) but want the deets! I’ve shot with Nikon since I started my blog – forever ago.
10. P.S. More on this later, but I’m looking to hire someone to do a bit of video freelance work, so if you’re into it and love to eat, send me an email! (howsweeteats at gmail, heeeey)
30 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
i love the target thing !
and i LOOOOVE socks. always socks. if i dont have socks in teh summer i walk the house sometimes in comfy not worn outside flip flops. but you are probably way cleaner than i am. i cannot stand the feeling of stepping on a crumb or something. it just feels gross.
avocado buns don’t sound practical at all! plus i feel like the avocado would get all over my hands instead of into my mouth.
You need to watch Narcos on Netflix! It is amazing. Like so so so good. And season 2 just dropped on Friday!
1. socks are the worst. I moved from a carpeted apt to a hard word floors apt a year ago and my always freezing feet were even colder and I’d still wear socks as infrequently as possible.
2. EVERY Tuesday after you mention it, I’m all “ah, I need to find The Affair and Masters of Sex premiere dates” and forget every week. Writing it on this week’s to-do list.
Pingback: Tuesday Issues. | GetUsaNews
The Masters new season premiere is available online! We couldn’t find anything to watch over the weekend either and were surprised to find they released it early.
I highly recommend The Night Of on HBO!! It was addicting!
1. Socks. HATE. I buy shoes that don’t need socks as much as possible.
2. I love love love my canon. They functions are a little different, but I like the menus and setup on my canon better than the Nikon.
3. I love the target guy. Love him.
Try watching The Night Of (HBO), The Fall, Broadchurch, River, Rectify, The Killing, Penny Dreadful (Netflix). :)
3. I don’t get the avocado bun either..I feel like it would just be a mess.
5. Haha I call my mom more times a day that I can even say.
9. I’ve always used Canon and love it, so it’s tough for me to say..I’ve always been intrigued by Nikon though. I feel like Canon is super user friendly and the photos are more “film-looking” if that makes any sense?
oMG a shake from Burgatory! I need to get back out to the ‘Burgh for a pens game or 2Sorry was I supposed to respond to anything else?
Shameless? Narcos?? Halt and Catch Fire?? Best shows on television coming up soon!
I AM THE SAME WAY ABOUT SOCKS! Glad to know I’m not alone :P
Jess, I am desperate for you to do a book post- I love your recommendations!
Hey, Jessica! Just wanted to ask about the autoplay video ads that seem to be showing up on your blog recently. I can’t seem to turn it off, and I’m hesitant to visit because of slow download times/delays…and the noise that comes out of the blue.
Wanted to let you know it’s happening in case it’s not supposed to.
I LOVE your blog and don’t want anything to get in the way!
Thanks and xo,
An avocado bun would be a mess. Plus, honestly, avocado on bread is so good that WHY would I ditch the bread?
I newly love socks. Also, I live in a college dorm 75% of the year, so unless I want shoes on 100% of the time, sock/slippers are kiiiind of necessary. I will never ever ever wear them to bed, though. Never ever.
I was reassured by that article about talking to your mom, too. I mean, I’m 20, but my mom and I are pretty much best friends and I can’t imagine not talking to her when random pointless thoughts cross my mind.
Ugh. Have you watched Mistresses this season?! I’m watching the “season” finale and it really appears to be the SERIES finale. It hasn’t been announced yet whether the show is renewed or cancelled but from the way this episode is going….seems like it’s getting cancelled. I’m excited for all this Bachelor stuff to be over so Fall TV can really start! I’m a sucker for the whole NBC Chicago franchise, Fire, PD etc…mostly because the dudes are attractive. And I usually binge watch Friday Night Lights in Winter cause it’s just a cozy show…ya know? The kind of show where I’ll curl up on the couch in my robe & socks :D
This sock-bashing has me confounded. A hatred of socks. I did not know this was a thing! I mean I’m not obsessed with socks or anything but if my feet are cold, on they go. Is that so wrong?!?!
High five for NO SOCKS. Hate them! Thankfully I’m in Texas where we can justify flip flops in January. But my husband is a dedicated sock wearer 99% of the time and he has the softest feet of life! ?
I love socks!! But then my feet are always cold… I will happily go barefoot in the summer but otherwise it’s socks. (In the winter I even sleep in them… Hate being cold!)
The main problem with changing from one camera brand to another is that your lenses, flashes, etc won’t fit so you have to buy all new accessories as well. Gets expensive fast!
I’ve been thinking of switching to a Canon as well! Let me know if you end up making the switch – I’ve heard so many good things! :)
I’m a photographer – both companies are amazing. I’ve always been a Canon girl. Canon has always been “cooler” and Nikon always shoots “warmer” but I always edit in PS or play around and customize my own White Balance in camera. IMHO, I wouldn’t switch at this point because of the cost associated with having to buys all new lenses and bodies. What’s the motivation in switching? boredom? you can email me if you have any questions.
oh and my website – sorry http://www.stacyseeleyphotography.com
Between Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook messenger, email and text, I for sure communicate with my mom multiple times a day, and I certainly call my mom several times a week.
Have you watched The Get Down on Netflix? Not sure if it’s your style, but it’s my current obsession between work, classes, and cooking.
My Nikon is on its last legs — it was a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down! I don’t have a lot of equipment to tie me to Nikon so I started reading some stuff online and am pretty convinced about switching to Canon. From what I read, you can’t *really* go wrong with either company, but that Nikon customer service and innovations have taken a hit in more recent years. Mostly because of those two things, moving forward Canon looks like the more promising company. But I don’t have first-hand experience to back those statements up — just what I read!
Switching to Canon? NICE. I love my Canon. But the two brands operate a little differently (and with different terminology), so switching would mean relearning a few minor things. Beginners tend to like Nikons more because the features and terminology are easier to understand. For more advanced photographers, Canon tends to offer more speed in their high-end models and is typically better for video (smoother autofocus and lenses specifically for cinema).
When choosing between camera brands, it’s best to compare each camera individually—where Nikon may have a better entry-level DSLR, Canon may have a better DSLR for sports.
Hope this helps!
aaah that picture of pittsburgh! love the bridge in the background. reminds me of when we were kids and we’d go up there, come out of the tunnel and see all the rivers and skyline…miss it!
also, i HATE socks. i only wear them w/ boots and running shoes. i blame the WV upbringing ;)
Have you watched Shameless (US version) on Netflix?? I am OBSESSED. So funny. You should check it out!