1. That is pumpkin creme brûlée. In a pumpkin. The cutest! I need to recreate this for Thanksgiving right?
2. Why are sock booties a thing? I just cannot.
3. Moscow Mules made from scratch with ginger beer concentrate. I can’t wait to do this.
4. Last night I thought i was being SUPER cool by passing out glow sticks with candy for trick or treaters. Um, every kid that came to our house already had like 17 glow sticks. I’m so out of touch.
5. The Walking Dead was sooo boring to me but I needed it after last week. I seriously can only watch by peeking through my hands that are covering my face. Masters of Sex made me so happy but I hate that I know the real life story, so it makes it less enjoyable. I’m definitely still the only one watching right? And I’m so freaking excited for The Affair to come back on in a couple of weeks.
6. I will forever love Ina.
7. Friendsgiving. Are you doing it? What are you making? For me, Friendsgiving is the time to make crazy, untraditional dishes and Thanksgiving Day is the time to keep it classic.
8. Speaking of, I absolutely want this to be my centerpiece. OMG. Not classic.
9. November 1: are you the crazy person listening to Christmas music? I won’t decorate until after Thanksgiving, but I looooove me some Christmas music. Here’s my favorite holiday playlist if you would like to partake.
11 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Yes – I love Friendsgiving! I posed a recipe today for a Cauliflower Cheddar and Rice Gratin made with Trader Joe’s Unexpected Cheddar (aka the BEST CHEDDAR EVA!).
Moscow Mules are my absolute favorite. I have to check that out!
Also, big yes to Friendsgiving!
Would love to see some of your UNtraditional Friendsgiving Recipe ideas! For me, it’s a time to test out recipes before the MAIN EVENT. Last year for Friendsgiving, we made your Cider Sage Turkey Breast and it was a HIT!
Love this article, along with your entire page! :)
Keep up the good work, and feel free to follow for similar content.
So two friends (a guy and a gal) dressed up as Lisa and Frank for Halloween, and it was AMAZING. If I could attach a photo here I would. I felt like you needed to know this was a thing. #costumegoals
I’m down in Australia and we’re doing Thanksgiving for the first time since we moved here 17 years ago so I’m looking forward to ALL THE THANKSGIVING POSTS! Traditional, non-traditional, I need all of them! *Grabby hands*
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. So I agree with you—no Christmas decorating till after Thanksgiving. Yet when the local radio channel, 3WS, starts playing music on light up night in the Burgh, I indulge.
Yes, on TWD! I only watch with my eyes peeking through my hands! ONLY!
I have already watched like 6 of the ridiculously cringe-worthy, eye-roll, Hallmark Christmas movies because they started airing on Oct. 29th. So early! They’re absurd, but I love them. And Christmas music? Check!
I would think the glow sticks would’ve made you the talk of the neighborhood! Such a good idea. Stealing it for next year, even if they all already have them. So be it. Haha. :)
Damn this post was a week too late on the moscow mule recipe. I was just at a wedding of two people that love them and the homemade ginger beer concentrate would have been great. Though I am seeing them at Christmas……
Yes to Christmas music!! We don’t have much of a fall where I live so music helps get in the mood since we won’t have pretty leaves to ease us into it. Have you seen the prettiness that is the Target Christmas wrapping paper sets? Of course you have. How will you pick? They are all so perfect!
Lolllll to the sock boots thing. I was just talking about how awkward it must be if you’re wearing the fake ones and someone makes you take off your shoes hahaha.
Kristina does the Internets