1. How about this pumpkin layer cake with eggnog buttercream?! It’s only the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
2. Um, my cookies? Don’t they look delicious up there? Well… they were. Until I baked them. I grabbed a round pizza sheet and even though it was clean, my cookies ended up tasting like garlicky pizza. Not joking and I didn’t even say anything until Saturday after everyone had eaten multiples.
3. I recently went to The Container Store for the first time and let’s just say that my life is basically over.
4. The Affair! Eeep. So glad to see Pacey back. A little devastated for Allison but still going back and forth between hate and love for her. How boring was the Walking Dead? I mean, yeah, I get that this is how the story needs to be told but I am so sick of them ripping people’s hearts out in a huge episode then doing NOTHING (seriously nothing) for like seven episodes after. Just no.
5. Secrets of the most productive people. OMG. This is gold. I love reading others’ schedules!
6. UGH guys. So I filmed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning of my Thanksgiving prep and then I dropped seven gallons of brine on my kitchen floor and it threw me for a loop. I didn’t film ANYTHING after that, I was so flustered! Do I post only two days of my Thanksgiving prep vlog… or do I do a Christmas home tour instead?! I’m leaning towards the latter because it would make no sense to show the few things I did to prep and absolutely no final result! I’m the worst.
7. I ordered my 2017 Day Designer this past week and am sticking with it through next year. It’s just the BEST planner. I plan on keeping up with my bullet journal too, but am afraid I won’t have as much time to be creative on that in the beginning of the year when I’m working my face off with the cookbook. BUT I’m thinking a little bullet journal series here…
8. Million dollar question: do you have a favorite gingerbread house? Like a pre-bought one? Making one from scratch isn’t in the cards this year (hello nightmare) but I’d like one that is fun and easy for Max and will stay together for a few weeks. We usually do Williams Sonoma but last year it completely failed.
40 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I wish I could live in a container store or had an all access pass. Especially after scrolling through some home organization instagram feeds…
Speaking of reading about other people’s schedules, can you please please please do a day in the life sometime! I’m in such awe in your ability to comanage parenting a toddler and producing so much blog content/parnerships/crumbs/videos.
/etc. How girl?!?!?! I’m not a blogger so this won’t directly relate to me, I’m just super curious …but I do own my own business and have a toddler. You inspire me!
thank you so much amy! i have wanted to do this forever (and i will, i swear) but struggle because no day is exactly the same! the constant theme however is that i basically live on very little sleep!
I wish we had a container store in Northern Ireland, it sounds like my dream place! Also I can totally relate to the cookie story, I’ve definitely done that!
previous years we have loved trader joes A frame houses. another good one is the wilton kit (michaels) – they are sturdy and come with everything you need. i buy a lot of extra candies to decorate them with because the kits never seem to please everyone?! also, i hot glue the houses together first so i don’t have to worry about them breaking apart. we use icing to glue the candies on and i allow my kids to eat as much as they want while decorating. once the houses are complete, they are only for “show” NOT to eat. best of luck!
I think you should give us a Max-guided Wonderland tour! Pretend the brine incident never happened.
I’ve never had luck with a gingerbread house, but Florida is not a good place to build one. I’m afraid bugs would move in.
I can’t believe that was your first trip to the Container Store! I love it. Did you check out the wrapping paper?
Oh my god! You’ve never been to Container Store?!?! GAHHH!!! One of my favorites. So dangerous though. Bye money! They have the cutest holiday stuff too
I love looking at Day Designers.
I can’t seem to give up my Erin Condren, though.
I’ve tried. It doesn’t work.
Second the vote for a Max guided house tour.
Also, how about some sort of an out-take video of cooking, and you could tie in Thanksgiving. I think it would be hilarious, and give us all a breather from Martha Stuart perfection as we approach Christmas/New Year’s (high pressure cooking time).
I have yet to go to The Container Store for that very reason..
I actually really like Aldi’s gingerbread house! Though, this year I bought a silicone mold and plan on making a chocolate one instead.
Post your Thanksgiving prep AND Christmas house tour. It’s kind of reassuring to hear about bloggers who look so put together online messing up in real life! So just go with it–who cares if you didn’t finish all your videos? And PLEASE tell me you have the brine spilling incident on video!
The Trader Joe’s gingerbread house worked like a dream for us last year! ?????❄️
What I learned from the productive people….I need to listen to the Hamilton Soundtrack….so, we will see if that improves my productivity at work today. I likely need to quit reading blogs for that to happen.
LOL i thought the same thing. and sleep only 6-7 hrs. there is no way some of those people are waking up that early all the time ! i refuse to believe it !
Definitely a Christmas home tour!!! I always buy the pre-assembled gingerbread houses from Bed Bath and Beyond or The Christmas Tree Shop.. My nieces and nephew go to town decorating them!!
i would love to see all of the vlogs but thats only because I’m a creep and strangely invested in peoples lives. But I would love to see a christmas tour because i LOATHE decorating so maybe some real life inspiration would help
Wait. HOW have you avoided the container store for so long?! I used to beg my mom to take me there for “fun” when I was growing up!!
Trader Joe’s Gingerbread house!
Holiday tour, for sure
I have always had luck with gingerbread houses from Costco! They are sturdy, the kids can handle them easily, and they stay together for a few months. They are pretty inexpensive too, so you can buy a few and each decorate one.
PS – please do a bullet journal post!
I would love to see your half finished prep vlog. Because it would still be fun! But also do a Christmas one please. ALL THE VIDEOS.
What cookie recipe is that? They look SO good!
I was thinking the same thing!!
I agree with the Trader Joe’s gingerbread house suggestions. Just made one with my 2-year-old niece this weekend. Cute, simple, and (so far) has stayed together well!
I think you should film yourself explaining/reinacting what happened and finish the vlog! That’s real life!!!
omg I have a weird thing about small clusters and the picture of that pumpkin brittle just made me itchy all over aaghhhhh. otherwise that is the best looking cake i’ve ever seen and the combination of egg nog!!!!!
We always just grab a gingerbread house at Michaels. They stay together well. House tour! So fun.
The person who hot glues their gingerbread house together might be my spirit animal. That is an AMAZING idea!
Can I just say I vote for a bullet series here on your site?! I’m confused by the bullet journaling process (maybe just because I’ve never really looked into it very much) but I’d live to see it in action here!
I would still love to see your thanksgiving prep! Seeing some of it, is better than seeing nothing – at least in my opinion :)
And a Christmas home tour would be great too!!
Please do a post on your bullet journal! Im considering starting one for the new year and need inspiration!
Aldi has the greatest gingerbread kits. I think they’re like $7 and have everything you need and more. The frosting really holds everything together well. I would recommend building the house in advance and letting it dry before you unleash Max to decorate. Our son is a little older than Max and it worked well for us last year.
I taught Kindergarten for a number of years in a city just outside of Boston. Many of the children were from lower income families with parents who often held more than one job…not leaving much time to do those fun “extra” things at Christmas time. The school population was very multi-cultural so we did not focus on Christmas but we did develop a gingerbread curriculum package we used every December. It was so much fun and included in the activities was assisting each child in making a tiny gingerbread house using empty milk cartons from the kid’s lunches. We made gingerbread men cookies early on in the ‘”study” so the kids got to experience the cookies .When making the houses, we found it easier to use graham crackers as the base which we “glued” to each carton with icing. We worked in small groups and provided the children with various bags of icing and tons of decorating candy options. Seriously, those houses were so adorable and the children had a ton of fun making them. All that said, you might think about going tiny …it would be so easy to make the small squares and rectangles from gingerbread , if you prefer being authentic…and a village of three tiny houses would be very cute!
The link about productive/successful people was interesting….and exhausting. But on that note, I’m 100% in favor a bullet journaling post. I started off the year string but halfway through stopped. I’m trying to get back into it any ideas or insight will be helpful!
I also vote for a holiday tour- maybe it can also include your holiday baking!
My 6 grandchildren just finished making their gingerbread houses this weekend. I used to make each one from scratch, but started using the Costco ones a few years ago and they work great. They are reassembled and lots of frosting and candy come with each one. I usually buy extra candy for them to use and they turn out wonderful. Kids love doing them.
I’d love to see a home tour video!
I’m know you’ve told us this before, but what kind of notebook are you using for your bullet journal?
Your cookies look so wonderful. Please post the recipe
would love to see a holiday home tour!!
TWD was a total snooze. I can’t stand how much they rotate around. There’s only TWO episodes left in the season, but it just started, and we’ve hardly seen most of the main characters!!! Brutal.
The brine… what a nightmare!!!
So I’m probably really behind – but just noticed your “Shop” page and absolutely love it! Such a great addition and makes finding recommended products so much easier. Also wishing I had a little boy to put those adorable sweaters in – not sure my dog will go for it.