1. Finally a recipe for unicorn hot chocolate! So much better than I could have done.
2. We de-Christmasfied our house this weekend, and it’s the saddest thing ever when Max walks downstairs in the morning and asks for the Christmas trees to be turned on.
3. I had some soft of flu-like thing this weekend and had zero appetite, meaning I haven’t had coffee since Friday morning. That probably contributed to me feeling worse, but now that it’s been out of my system for four days, I sort of want to quit it daily. Even though I only drink one cup a day and love it sooooo much.
4. Can we all just agree that Ryan Gosling’s Golden Globes speech proves that he basically IS his character in the notebook, therefore fulfilling all my hopeless romantic dreams forever?
5. These sneakers are my new seriously obsession.
6. Okay, I can’t even express how much I LOVED Nashville last week! I am so glad it’s back, even though the last two years it’s been on, I’ve been totally “meh” about it. Something about those episodes made me feel like it was the first season again. And The Affair? Eeeep. Helen! Noah! What the heck. I can’t wait for next week based on the previews and… Pacey. Forever Pacey.
7. Very obsessed with this idea: the only 5 email folders your inbox will ever need.
8. Seeing the first preview for Beauty and the Beast got me so excited – it was the first animated Disney movie I was really into as a kid (I know, I know) and the songs just took me back on a wave of nostalgia. Pretty sure I even sang one of the songs for a drama club “audition” when I was 11. You know.
9. Who were your best dressed Golden Globes picks? I loved Kristen Bell, Emma Stone, Viola Davis, Reese and apparently I’m the only one but I really loved Carrie Underwood’s dress.
21 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
This Is Us is back on tonight! oh my gawd!!!!
Oh, gosh…Ryan Goslings speech was so perfect. Can you imagine being his “lady” and hearing that…my heart would have burst. I agree with your Nashville assessment. It almost feels like a brand new show and is it me or is the lighting different? The whole show seemed to have a perfect nostalgic, sepia quality.
See I also loved Carrie’s dress… and I saw it first on a “worst dressed” list. People don’t know what they’re talking about.
Nice email organization.. might try that for work! I hope you feel better!
I miss Christmas, even if just for your videos and max cameos :)
I also miss my Christmas decorations so much, the house is so bare without them! That unicorn hot choc is amazing!
I stopped drinking my one cup of coffee a day right before New Year’s and I feel TONS better. I never realized how it was affecting me. Less stomach upset/bloating and, bonus, less anxiety! Now I drink hot water with lemon and it’s so relaxing.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - Recipe Land
I totally agree with the Nashville assessment, so good so far this season and it was definitely not that great the last few seasons. As for Christmas decorations I have them all sitting in a pile in the middle of my living room but can’t bring myself to put them back in their boxes :/
That inbox idea is brilliant! Totally implementing that today. I always organized mine by subject and it has never actually helped… :/ I can’t wait to see Beauty and the Beast too – and I haven’t seen a movie in theaters in forever so that’s saying something!
I watched The Affair last night juuuust so I could be prepped for today’s analysis. I just can’t with Helen. CAN.NOT. There have been so many episodes where I wished we went back to a Part One: Noah, Part Two: other person re-telling the exact same plot line and it didn’t happen and yesterday was one time I didn’t want to relive the same thing twice, and oh, there is was. Let’s be real, I’m here for Pacey and episodes with no Pacey make me sad.
Nashville – yes. Finally. Nothing crazy happened and it just felt so good again.
My work inbox currently has 50 folders, most with subfolders, and a handful with MANY subfolders. I have a campaign and client-based business and, for me, it’s the only way to keep things orgazined
When I saw your sneakers comment I thought you might have been talking about my latest obsession… these sparkly Keds! Need for the snow to melt first, but look how many colors they come in! http://www.keds.com/en/keds-x-kate-spade-new-york-champion-glitter/14126W.html
Do not even joke about stopping coffee. I’ll just leave this here as a reminder (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food#1). I liked Carrie’s dress, too! It wasn’t the best dress I’ve ever seen her in, but it certainly wasn’t worthy of a worst dressed list. I liked Julianne Hough’s look., but I wasn’t wowed by any of them. Now I’m off to watch the Beauty and the Beast preview. I haven’t seen it yet. I used to sing Little Town, and specifically the lyric “there has to be more than this provincial life” to myself every day when I was growing up in my small town. So much angst, clearly.
OMG! Beauty and The Beast! Cannot wait to see it. That was also the first animated movie that I went crazy over as a kid. Love those Nikes. My current sneaker obssesion: http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/brooks-vanguard-womens-heritage-shoes/120159.html?dwvar_120159_color=499&dwvar_120159_width=B#start=2
that email org idea is interesting ! i need something better. my inbox is like a black hole.
Umm we’re like the same person.
1. I have those sneakers and I’m OB-SESSED
2. I had a flu like thing this weekend. Haven’t had coffee since Friday. I’m kind of over it at the moment. I only want a pot of fancy French pressed coffee.
I did not like Carrie’s dress. I agree that she looked like frosting!!!! She normally picks out the best dresses, but in my opinion, not this time!!!
Also, wanted to let you know I bought the EXACT slippers that you talked about on one of these posts (the white boots from Target) and I absolutely LOVE them. You were right, they keep your feet soooooo warm!!!!!! And I like that they have a “plastic” bottom or whatever material that is so I can wear them when I have to take the trash out (I take it out the back and have to walk on the patio and a little patch of grass to get to the big trash can, it’s nice that these have that coating on the bottom so your feet don’t get wet)!!!!!!!! Love them!!!!!!
I also LOVED Carrie’s dress! It wasn’t my absolute favorite, but I definitely liked it and did not think it was as ugly as everyone else did!
I just bought those sneakers this week! Was sick of running errands that turns into major walking in normal shoes and I also love them…. and Carrie’s dress….. ha ha
Unicorn hot chocolate??? Yes please!
I’m about the same age as you and when I was a kid, my friend had the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. We sang that thing like it was our JOB.
Hi Jessica! Question on the sneakers – are they supportive/comfortable enough for all day wear? Do you wear socks with them?
Carrie Underwood’s dress was beautiful!