1. I may be one of the few freaks who looks forward to daylight savings time. I am SO happy that it’s light out again until well into the evening. Makes work so much easier!
2. Speaking of, our snowmageddon forecast was a HUUUUGE bust. Six plus inches turned into a light dusting so I am ready for you, spring. But don’t worry – there wasn’t any bread left at the grocery store last night.
3. How fun is this layered rainbow jello?! Super cute.
4. I know that it’s pi day, but here’s the thing… I have always loathed any and all sort of math and science. In school, they were my worst subjects and I have no interest in them, therefore I could just never get into pi day. I was reading and writing all the day. Except nowm for the actual PIE.
5. It’s official: I can’t stop listening to the Missing: Richard Simmons podcast. Um, it is SO good.
6. Um HOMELAND!! Holy cow, how incredible was that episode? I also am still really loving Billions. And Big Little Lies! Even Eddie is into it now, and it’s fun watching it with him since he hasn’t read the book. GIRLS? Ugh! Elijah killed me and broke my heart.
7. What do writers do when they write? Absolutely love this.
8. What was your favorite childhood cereal? Mine was Oh’s! which I can still find at Target and also Oatmeal Crisp – the almond version. And of course, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I didn’t have it everyday. I want a cereal bar in my own house.
9. Oh my gosh. 100 90s kids memes. True life: I still doodle #31 on everything.
53 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
1. I too look forward to daylight savings time – I work during the day and the extra evening light makes me feel so much better at the end of the day!
6. I was waiting for your Tuesday Things post from the moment I finished watching this weeks’ Girls and Billions. OMG Elija, no, just NO, so cruel! And Billions, that show is just SO friggin good. Oh, and Big Little Lies. I read the book in like 2014 and forgot some of it, but they are doing such a good job with the show, it’s incredible. All the actors are amazing, and Reese is just so perfect in that role. Speaking of TV…I finally binge watched This Is Us…have you seen it? Cue all the tears
i also read the book in 2014 when it came out so i forget little parts!! then i’m like…. OH. and yes! i love this is us. it kills me.
Ha, reading Phi’s comment made me smile because I’m glad I’m not the only one who finishes watching my favorite shows & secretly can’t wait for your Tuesday post to see what you thought. LOVING where Homeland is going so far, especially after the slow start! Quinn just has my heart. And Big Little Lies has been a really good watch…guilty of not reading the book but I’m loving the complexity of each of the women. For #1, YES love the sunlight at night, it makes work SO much easier (but it still makes waking up SO much harder).
i am so glad they are making quinn more like his old self. it is really hard for me to watch him because i loved his character so much!
The 90s kids memes made my day! I’m leaving it up to go back through later when I need cheering up at work!
they are so funny!
My favorite cereal was and always will be Oh’s – they are the BEST!!
they are SO good!!! do you remember they used to have an apple cinnamon version too?!
yasss Richard Simmons! I’m recently obsessed also! What are your theories on what happened to him? A friend and I keep going back and forth with some wild theories…
oh man, i have NO idea. i sort of feel like he just has always suffered from some sort of depression or anxiety and perhaps it has just taken over? what do you think?!
Those donuts are making me weak.
Also, i loved te 890’s memes. It was like all of my childhood wrapped into one.
I think the only reason I still watch GIRLS is Elijah; was what he said super mean? Yes. Was it also kind of true? Also yes. I feel like we all need a friend who will really tell it to us like it is. Big Little Lies is amazing; loving it.
Spring daylight savings is the best day of the year. It happens overnight on a Sunday, so I really miss that extra hour? Not too much. Am I forever grateful that it’s light till after 7? Oh hells yes!
Our snow was a bit of a bust, too. Wasn’t the 7″ called for, but probably 3-4 and enough for a bunch of places I work with to be “working from home” so I pretty much get a day off.
Cinnamon toast crunch and lucky charms were (ARE) the best cereals, but we definitely ate Special K everyday. The shape/texture is different/better in Canada than the US.
i sort of agree on elijah, but i feel like he just said it to be SO mean because he’s upset that their current life would change?
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
I absolutely loved Oatmeal Crisp – and I cannot find it ever now! Also, duh, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And I do love the later light, but I’m still struggling with dark mornings. Oh, well. It’ll get better. Then, summer!
i can’t find it anywhere either :(
frosted flakes, hands down. i used to be anti-milk with cereal, but that was the one cereal that could get me to do it because it made the milk all sweet and delicious.
i haven’t had frosted flakes in AGES.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
who doesnt like daylight savings ?????? i looooove the extra light !
Frosted flakes all the way. Like daylight savings time, however the mornings omg struggling to wake up. Made your pesto chicken parm sliders last night, delicious! Craving it right now.
so glad you made them blanca!!
oh those memes !!!!
Oh dear, I am a child of the 60s-70’s. So we liked Captain Crunch (Which my mother never bought.)
She bought Corn Flakes and Shredded wheat! Eck!
Now I just eat dry cereal out of the box, Chocolate Cheerios.
i’ve always been a dry cereal eater! i never liked milk growing up and the almond/coconut choices weren’t available!
Me too! To drink milk …..Gross!
Elijah! I know – ugh
Favorite childhood cereals are Alphabets and Frosted Flakes. I can find Alphabets sometimes but they don’t have the same sugar content so not as good IMO. If you are ever in London, you should go to the Cereal Killer Cafe. All kinds of cereal and milk plus lots of 80s and 90s memorabilia. They even have a row of twin beds instead of chairs. Very fun. We went to the one in Camden Market so shopping too!
that sounds like my dream!
I’ve had that jello before! It’s time consuming to make, but it’s delicious! You can change up the jello flavors for different holidays too!
it’s so cute!
those donuts look so good! Haha, I’m living in Peru right now but I saw all my friends stocking up and prepping for the storm to wake up to barely any snow :) I guess better safe than sorry
true! haha. we were supposed to get close to a foot though and barely got 1/2 inch!
We got your snow in Connecticut. You’re welcome to our icy roads!
i’m a little jealous!
I love daylight savings! I just got caught up o billions but we have yet to watch Homeland this season
I can NOT believe your favorite cereal was Oh’s! it was mine too!! my mom would buy it and my brother and I would DEVOUR IT. (so much so that she only bought it once in a blue moon). SUCH a good tip about finding it at target <3
my brothers and i could also devour a box in a day! they are just so good.
Omg! Those memes are the BEST I’ve seen on Buzzfeed. So much nostalgia! The one with the Steve Madden shoes about needing night serum cracked me up. ???
Also, I was the weirdo who loved Cheerios.
i totally don’t think that’s weird – i STILL love cheerios! I love eating a bowl with milk and sliced banana. it’s the best post workout snack ever!
My grandparents always had a box of Oh’s for us at their house — my mom never let us have sugar cereal (except when we could pick out a box for our birthday each year) and the Oh’s at Grandma and Grandpa O’s house was a REAL TREAT! God I miss them…
Richard Simmons Missing is my new obsession. I just started this AM and I’m all in. It’s sad. Only on episode 2, but thanks for the reco!
We were not allowed to have “sugar cereal” but I did love honeycombs. I would buy them for myself all the time once I got to college, but eating them always felt illicit! Also, I can’t stop looking at the donut picture. I can’t look away.
I seriously loved that 90’s memes. SOOOO funny!
Loved Girls and Homeland. So, loving Big Little Lies. I didn’t like the first episode of Billions so, igave up on it. Maybe, I need to try again?
I just caught up on Girls, and, like, maybe I’m so heartless, but I wasn’t upset by what Elijah said. Yeah, it wasn’t cool, but I’m kind of glad Hanna heard that.
I’m also probably projecting because I watched that episode right after my 11 month old swallowed half a bottle of baby ibuprofen and I had to call poison control and do that whole thing. (She’s fine, everyone’s fine, everything’s fine).
My mom used to make that layered jello in the 90’s! I grew up with it! How funny to see it has resurfaced.
Man, I’m in Perth Australia and my peeps veto Daylight Savings every time it comes to a vote. Like, most of the rest of the country use Daylight Savings, which means in Summer we’re even more out of sync with their times than usual. Boooo. I am all for Daylight Savings. One day?!?!
#5 – Richard. I think he’s deeply depressed and just can’t bring himself to leave the house and it breaks my heart. Mom and I used to watch is 80’s exercise show FROM THE COUCH. No wonder i hate exercise…
I went to school with one of the actors from Billions (Asia Kate Dillon) – they’re so cool!!