1. We survived the first day of our kitchen remodel! Totally not terrible yet. We did so with burgers on the grill, grilled veggies annnnd some annie’s mac and cheese. I’ve been worried because, you know, Eddie doesn’t consider cereal to be dinner. Hello. I do. Always.
2. How freaking fantastic does this Detroit style pizza look?!
3. I’m totally not a fan of April Fools (see also: I’m no fun and also don’t care about Halloween) but am curious about what the worst way you’ve been fooled is?! The first year Eddie and I were married, my brother’s convinced me that one of them had been arrested and it got me for a good 18 hours before I realized it was April 1.
4. However, I do love Easter and want to know how to make super fun tie dye, marble-like eggs. Teach me the ways!
5. If you want to feel super old. I think #26 got me the most. Also, pogs should have made the list.
6. Okay, I’m dying to know what you thought about this episode of GIRLS? I loved it. Also, if you watched the inside the episode after, it tells you everything so we know exactly what it means! Also loved Homeland. If Rupert Friend doesn’t get an award for his acting… I mean. Also loved Billions. And Walking Dead. And Big Little Lies. Eeeep. I might have loved it as much as the book even with the few changes.
7. The Victoria Beckham release at Target this weekend… yes? No? Should I be waiting at the door at 8am with bells on?
8. It’s sort of like real life The Notebook. Tears.
9. My life is complete because Max FINALLY likes mac and cheese. He hasn’t been interested in it until now. And the best part is that he calls it “max’s cheese.” I die.
20 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I’m totally in for Victoria Beckham’s new collection; and I freaking LOVE that she uses ‘Spice Up Your Life’ as the theme song in her commercials!
“Max’s Cheese”?!? I think I just squealed out loud. That is the cutest!
that sounds like a pretty awesome/horrible (depending on your perspective) april fools joke! there’s a boba shop called boba guys in sf and nyc, and i was certain that they were now selling weed boba. i blame their professional looking video and the fact that i just came back from portland, aka weed central.
Yes, for Victoria Beckham’s collection on Sunday, cannot wait! I don’t know if I should be waiting at the door of the store or behind my keyboard?! TWD OMG!! I was so tense watching and as always I wonder, How do I watch the show for fun?! Why do I do that to myself?! Love every season more . Anticipating Game of Thrones, Stranger Things
Max’s Cheese takes the cake. . . er. . . macaroni!
My mom used to dye the half and half green or blue for April Fool’s. She believed in seizing any occasion to have fun. My Dad would forget it was April 1st most years, and would usually have a stunned look as green cream poured into his coffee. That’s probably my favorite long-standing April Fool’s joke.
The worst one, was a colleague who insisted on putting a fake dead rat in different areas of the office each year. Gross.
I HATE April Fool’s Day too! I remember, in fifth grade, we had this HUGE test where we had to memorize all the states and capitals of every state. On April Fools day, my teacher pretended to give us the test early. I cried through the whole thing!
I am so on the ‘Im no fun, and also hate halloween’ bandwagon. I refuse to indulge in forced joy! lol
My toddler is not a fan of Mac and cheese either, I don’t understand! Hoping he will come around like Max.
Aww Max’s cheese! That reminds me of when Joey on Friends said something hurt his Joey’s apple.
I love my new kitchen! You have to show us your before and afters…..please.
When I worked in Dallas, the guy who runs our office was a big prankster. We were a small satellite office, only 10-12 people in depending on who was traveling. He called this girl who was a bit naive and said she won lunch for her and the whole office from Chipotle from dropping her business card in the jar at checkout. As we were in line…I started getting nervous that this was an April Fools. The girl was so convinced that she won, the manager ended up giving us lunch for free…but I never went back. I was mortified. Hysterical prank though, he got us good!
Did you see that they are opening a second Smallman Galley location on the North Side? I will be so sad when Josephine’s Toast is gone this summer.
It is too close to my birthday to read #5, but of course I did. 😂😂😂 I will never be the same.
Homeland is sooo good this season.
oh that list of things to make you feel old !
I’m not into April Fools Day either. But the best story I know of personally is from my parents. My dad proposed to my mom on April Fool’s Day (stay with me here, it’s not as bad as it sounds!). She knew he’d been expecting a student loan check but he had told her he was going to have to spend it on books (they were in college at the time). So after he proposed, he apologized for not having a ring and asked if she still wanted to tell everyone without a ring to show off. At their school when a couple got engaged, it was tradition for them to ring the bell tower. She said she understood and did still want to tell people. So then he said “April Fools!” and pulled out the ring he’d secretly bought with his student loan money! 😍
On April Fool’s my husband came into my office asking how fast orange juice went bad, carrying the bottle we’d purchased two days before. He goes, “here, taste it”, so like any sane person I sniffed it first (smelled bad), so I gave it back. “No, taste it,” he says…
He’d mixed mac and cheese powder into water. YUCK.
Forget everything else. “Max’s cheese” is the highlight of my day!
my son is 13 and still doesn’t like mac and cheese *sigh*. PS – have you watched 13 Reasons Why? on Netflix? Add it to your list. I feel such turmoil because I’m watching my 13 yr old daughter start to go through this. *sad face*
Max’s cheese made me smile. Heart eyes emoji!!
I did a totally innocent April Fool’s Day post on my blog – all about the new “custard tea” trend (a cup of tea with a dollop of custard instead of a splash of milk. It’s not a real thing. Don’t do it.) One of my friends got tricked big time. I even said “happy April Fool’s!” at the end of the post but it was lost on her. Too cute.