1. We are in the seven stages of grief with the kitchen remodel but I’m not sure which stage I’m in. Last week Eddie was in meltdown mode. This week I’m in meltdown mode. It’s so much fun! Not.
2. The cutest idea of an easter “fried egg” pavlova. Adorable!
3. Max had his first froyo this weekend (like, his “own” bowl) and it was probably one of the most fun experiences we’ve had. It took him about 45 minutes to eat this tiny bowl and he enjoyed every bite. The place had a “faux” Dole whip which is what I got and it was SO good.
4. Waiting eagerly to dye Easter eggs this week as it is one of my favorite spring activities to do. We use old school Paas and let them soak forEVER, like 30+ minutes sometimes to get wild neon colors. My mom used to stay up half the night and finish dyeing the eggs since we would inevitably bow out from exhaustion.
5. I wasn’t even aware that millenial pink was a thing. I’ve loved that color family my entire life, which I’m sure comes as a major shock to you.
6. OH MY GOSH Homeland. I’m clearly heartbroken over the finale but also totally get it because I understand why it happened. Still. WAH. Also, GIRLS. Oh my gosh, that episode was so good. I can’t believe how I went from liking most of the girls and not being able to stand Hannah for most of the series to disliking all of the girls EXCEPT for Hannah at the end of the season! Crazy. Also, how freaking good are Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti in character together in Billions? I love their face off scenes.
7. Worst nightmare ever. Seriously. How can I ever eat salad again.
8. My cousin Lacy send me this article last week and holy cow, was it written about my life? Also, trust me, it’s just as horrifying to me that at this age, I still can’t clean up after myself like an adult. WHY YOUR ROOM IS MESSY.
24 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Love Dole Whip! I was pregnant last summer and had an aversion to ice cream (devastating), but ate my weight in Dole Whip.
aversion to ice cream?! that sounds like the worst!
I’m sooooooooo upset about Homeland! So upset. I get it too, but I still hate it. In my mind, that’s not what happened. Lol.
UGH me too! i had a feeling they might do that, because he would never be the same again. and if they made him better, it would be too unrealistic, right? but still so sad. WAH. i also hate that there is no love interest for carrie now.
Oh girl. I FEEL you. We’re right in the middle of a kitchen renovation and it’s an absolute nightmare, and we’re not even the one’s doing the work just juggling flaky contractors #passthewine
same! i am the worst and can’t see past the chaos at the moment!
Purgatory clothes 😂 Mine live on The Shelf (of the closet)…literally two feet away from a hanger. 🙈 Glad I’m not alone!
definitely not alone.
I want a faux Dole Whip! Poor bat! Suffocated in salad is not how I want to go the my time comes. Millennial pink is a new one to me.
i didn’t realized millennial pink was a thing either, but i have 2 friends who gravitate towards anything that shade (and at least 3/4 of their accessories are a related hue), and i can see it in effect, lol.
it’s so pretty!
YES, two people’s worth of purgatory clothing is absolutely why our bedroom & master bathroom are a mess! Having a name for it makes it seem more curable…but we’ll see what I do with this information. Even without a name, I knew I have a problem that would take some organization & time to resolve and that will only take care of 1/2 of the issue. The other 1/2 is just something I’ll need to live with…
i hear you. i do.
Oh my goodness purgatory clothes everywhere!
When I saw the picture I was thinking, “Jessica got PLAIN VANILLA WITH NO TOPPINGS froyo? That doesn’t make ANY sense.” But Dole Whip makes sense.
Homeland has been so good this season and ahhh so devastated by the ending but also really mad at the very very ending because I feel like there was NO foreshadowing to that turn all season except for Dar’s little comment a few scenes earlier.
hahaha seriously. the ONLY way i do that is for dole whip. i almost added some chocolate but it looked lackluster. it was so good plain!
Hi Jess! Are you planning to share info about your kitchen reno? Would love to see what you guys have planned!
yes! i will do a few posts, including before and afters! :)
ummm- i have a pink kitchen aide mixer. and pink spatulas. and…..i can’t wear pink. i look like a washed out toad.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - social foods
That bat in the salad thing made me lose my mind. The best part is Fresh Express’s “commitment” to safe and healthy food, – but I guess their commitment doesn’t extend to TAKING THE BATS OUT. Good night.
It’s so pretty.
( https://www.thetaylorsauce.com/french-riviera-part-two/ )