1. Last week I started to google “how to…” and the first result that populated in google before I continued my sentence was “how to write a check.” I admittedly write very few checks so I get it. But funny.
2. UM >>> mini vegan s’mores cheesecakes! The cutest that I need.
3. Not going to happen this summer with a bun in the oven, but I really just want one of the Body Glove one piece swimsuits. Um, hello 1995. May as well throw a b.u.m. equipment sweatshirt over it while I’m at it.
4. I get weirdly emotional at sports teams winning the championship game, so couldn’t contain myself from bawling my eyes out when the Pens won the Stanley Cup. I feel this way with other teams, it’s not just in my own city! For as little as I actually care about the full season (I’ve grown more and more bored of sporting events as I’ve aged, I’m super fun), the ending always gets me. P.S. for my entire life if you’ve asked me the one person I’d want to have dinner with it’s always been Mario Lemieux. Fun fact.
5. SO. The only real TV I need to discuss this week is that I did finish Bloodline. WTF. The ending was so… ugh. That second to last episode was such a waste. I still liked this season, but only the middle episodes. Still so bummed this was cancelled and we didn’t get to continue. Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn are unreeeeeal. I did start Orange is the New Black and like usual, it’s taking me forever to get into it.
6. I absolutely love this: why I take the same vacation every year. Same goes for us, just in a different location! We want to go other places but Eddie has limited vacation and we can’t help but love where we go every year. Who’s with me?!
7. Speaking of that, I’m currently trying to decide if I should vlog while we are on vacation. Last year we did a quick video compilation because it was just the three of us and basically impossible to commit to serious vlogging with a one-year old. But this year, most of my family is going and I probably will have a better shot. DECISIONS! I love having the video diary for… well, myself.
8. Apple watch! Do you have one? Love or hate it?
9. Super excited that Elin Hilderbrand’s newest comes out today so that’s what I’m currently reading. What about you?
28 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I heard N’Sync’s “bye bye bye” in the car the other day and couldn’t help but listen to it., I felt like I was in high school all over again. For me is was all about the GAP t-shirt, but I think I owned a BUM sweatshirt too. Who didn’t?! I agree with your taking the same vacation every year. We always go up to New Hampshire, and I can’t imagine going anywhere else. I just love it up there. Its like going home, because you feel like that place is a part of you now.
Glad you are asking about the apple watch. I recently have been thinking I want it, mostly for it to track all my activity. I know get a fitbit (had on, loved it, then it died).
I adore my Apple Watch. I’ve had it for a year and a half and can’t imagine life without it. I got it primarily for activity tracking but have grown to love so many other features about it. It’s nice being out somewhere or in a meeting and being able to discreetly see who just sent you a text (which actually sounds lame as I’m typing it, but whatevs). Also I use OneNote to store recipes between my computer + phone, so I can pull a recipe up on my watch and check it hands free while cooking. Oh and Apple Pay on it makes you feel kind of like a ninja.
4. I had a poster of Paul Coffey on my wall in high school so I’ve been a Pens fan for longer than I want to admit (ahem…1990). And I used to obsessively plan my day around every single Steeler game. My husband says I pulled a bait and switch now that we’re married bc I would rather go to Costco during the games now. Hey…it’s like a ghost town at that time!
5. Seriously, so many WTFs on the end of Bloodline. The beginning was SO GOOD and I had such high hopes for the end. Whomp whomp….zzzzzzz. The next to last episode was the worst of the whole season. hated it!
6. My family vacationed in Fenwick Island, DE every year from 15-26, when my parents divorced. Now that I have kids I’m trying to find our annual vacation spot to return to every year. LOVE!
7. vacation vlog? yes please.
8. Hubby has it and he’s obsessed. Like, OBSESSED, obsessed. Do it.
LOVE my Apple Watch. Love love. Mine actually broke a month or so ago (the battery swelled) and the few days I was without one were rough. Also, I have the husband who takes like one week vacation a year so we have to make it count too!
I have never watched an entire basketball game and watched the last few minutes of last night’s game and cried when Golden State won. I think it’s because everyone is just so happy? The newest Taylor Jenkins Reid also comes out today; not-so-patiently willing my library to get them in fast-fast as I’m #1 on the waitlist for both.
thank you for the reminder about Taylor Jenkins Reid! I am going to check my library hold list right now YAY!
I love my Apple Watch and have had it since the launch date, but it’s definitely not a necessity by any means. (I used to work at an Apple Store). I use it primarily for notifications when I have my phone in my purse or don’t have any pockets and can easily see who is texting or calling me. Activity tracking is great as well, although I noticed when i got a new iPhone, i had to re-sync my watch to the new phone and it wiped out all my previous fitness logs/awards.
My favorite part is that i have about 10 different watch bands, so I switch them out daily to coordinate with my outfits/ color schemes.
I married into a family that goes to Rehoboth Beach every other year. I’m glad you linked to that article! It was fun to send to them :)
My family (and by family I mean 25 of my nearest and dearest in one giant house) go to the same place every year in North Carolina. Same beach, same house, just same same every year. We LOVE it and would continue going even if all the siblings/nieces/nephews/grandparents/aunts/uncles/family friends didn’t go. The best part of all the same-ness is that you know what you are in for every year. I am a first time mom this year so I am looking forward to my new babe getting to know all her cousins. She probably will not touch the ground all week.
I’m excited to see what everyone else has to say about the apple watch! My husband and I have been on the fence about them for ages!
Yes please to the vlog! Lots of videos of Max being too cute, please
My husband and I are die-hard Apple fanatics and were really hesitant about getting Apple watches. It’s been over a year now since we caved and got them and I can’t imagine life without them! I love it mostly because with a 13-month-old, carrying my phone around is the last thing I want to do. It easily notifies me of a text or call and I can choose if it’s important enough to address. This doesn’t sound as meaningful as I type this, but we were at a water park this weekend where I didn’t wear it and I found myself CONSTANTLY missing it. I also love the activity tracker because you
know, gotta get those steps! We are now hooked :)
Oh my goodness, I love that you referenced b.u.m. equipment! :)
1.. HA! b.u.m and Body Glove. Hey.. it’s all back. We can embrace that again, right?
2. Mario Lemieux – yes! but let’s real for a moment.. I had an unhealthy interest in Jaromir Jagr (and damn.. he still looks good! not that I was looking or anything.. ahem) 3. Bloodline.. I haven’t finished, but when I heard no more? sigh. I love Kyle Chandler in this part. But I super loved him in Friday Night Lights, so a re-binge watch of that is probably in my future. sorry about Orange is the new black. I gave up last season. I don’t have time for things that don’t grab me immediately (but I had a lot of time to google Jaromir Jagr just now. so there’s that #priorites) 4. I hardly ever take the same vacation. Because what if there is something out there I love more? EEK. so many places.. so little time. 5. on that note- as much as I looooovvvee this blog with all my heart? take a VACATION. don’t vlog. take some pics and post when you get back. I will have withdrawal, but you know. I’m willing sacrifice LOL
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
There are so many great reasons to love the apple watch. Esp with a toddler. Being out and about and being able to leave my phone packed away in my purse (one less thing to keep track of) is super nice. There is a nice little button that makes your iphone ding to locate it. I use this feature an embarrassingly number of times/day. It also makes you realize how sedentary you are (I have a very sedentary job) unless you make an effort to be active.
I have an Apple Watch and I -LOVE- it. Admittedly, I haven’t had an activity tracker prior to this outside of a GPS watch I used while training for running races. But this is so much more! I had version 1 but decided to upgrade for more accurate gps features & i think the HRM in this version is stronger.
It has three activity rings that reset each day–one for if you burn your daily calories goal (i.e., 700 cals via a workout and/or general movement) which you can select yourself, or it will recommend it for you; a movement ring for 30 mins of exercise each day; and a stand goal to be standing and moving around one mine a day for 12 hours. It really is a cool thing. It also features awards for longest run, best elliptical workout, etc. My current favorite is the “longest move streak” which counts how many consecutive days you meet each of the three goals in a day. Gunning for 38 days soon lol
You can get text notifications & opt to respond. Siri is great on it (to set an alarm). You can change music tracks on it. I get my flight notifications on it in case there is a delay. You get call notifications. There really is a lot of power to the device and however you want to use it, you can.
If you choose to buy it, I would really recommend the Series 2 with the basic watch band. The “rubber” bands aren’t totally stylish but I found that Etsy has cuter options to change out to but still keeping the “rubber” band for workouts. I also would recommend the bigger watch face. When I had my first one I opted for the smaller face but quickly realized that sometimes selecting the apps on the face were a bit difficult due to size. I think this display size is a lot better to use and easier to read.
I have an Apple Watch series 1 given to me by my son. It was on a great sale at Target. I was skeptical….however, now I am absolutely addicted. I workout daily, and love seeing my workouts, love that it reminds me to stand and to breath, and also really love the heart rate feature. As for texting….yes, convenient, but you have to be mindful while driving because I never look at my iphone while driving, and now that I have my texts on my wrists, have to force myself NOT to look while driving. However, that said, you can talk a text message,when you stop at a light,, etc, which is convenient…and it is hilarious sometimes how the talking text interprets what you say when it types it out. Prior to my Apple watch, I used a basic Fitbit. PS: I do a lot of strength training and it is great to finally get some kind of fitness results on a device from strength training…probably based on heart rate. Fitbit did NOT do that…only measured steps. So, I am a skeptic turned into a CAN’T live without it.
Ben Mendelsohn carried season 1 and it was all downhill after that. I stopped feeling any sympathy for the Rayburns at the end, just aggravation. The WORST was when Sally Rayburn says “what kind of fish do Cubans use in ceviche? Halibut?” COME ON. Of all the fish you can catch in FL and Cuba…. How did the writers let that slip?
Agree with all previous comments on can’t live without Apple Watch especially love the activity tracker. Oh, um, except the time it dialed 911 for me while I was doing yoga. LOL. Had to research the SOS function and turn it off. Turns out that pressing in the side stem for long enough, like when your wrist is at a sharp 90 degree angle during a standing forward bend will send an alert to your phone to dial emergency services. Pretty cool actually but as I only FEEL like I need an EMT while standing on my face I thought it best not to risk that happening again!
It does so many cool things…one of my favorite kitchen apps is Thyme which has timers for oven + multiple burners so you can set for different dishes and that syncs with my watch so I hear the timer, or feel the haptic, even if I’m in another room or listening to music.
Vacation: We go to Myrtle Beach every year. Sometimes twice. I’ve been going since 2001 and when I remarried my husband began going with my youngest daughter and I. Now it’s just the 2 of us and we go because it’s familiar and we LOVE it. We can avoid Spring Break times (😬) and we love the drive to and from. It’s a perfect escape for 2 people who work opposing shifts. When we don’t have anything else planned we go there in the spring and over Labor Day. Otherwise we go once and wherever else we have chosen for vacation. PS: We’ve only been to Rehoboth once but we LOVED it. Great little family beach town.
I go to Maine every vacation. People ask me “why not go to FL or travel elsewhere?”. It’s where I replenish my soul. IF I do ever go to another location, I always pine for the Maine soil under my feet. Can’t help it.
#3, hahaha! Oh Jess 😂
#6 and yes, to taking vacations to the same spot. It’s like wearing a favorite sweatshirt. So cozy and comforting! Why go anywhere else when it just feels right to go where you know? And the fact that article talks about our favorite summer vacation spot, even better.
Oh my goodness, yes. I feel the same way about Bloodline!! Now I am going to watch Friday Night Lights – more Kyle Chandler, please!
Also, made the Crispy Black Bean tacos last night for the fam! EVERYONE loved them! My kids said: why have you never made these before!?!? :)
YES pleeeeease vlog!!!!!!
Yes, please Vlog. I love Kyle Chandler, even more so in Friday Night Lights. I may have to rewatch. Haven’t started the new season of ORange Is the New Black. I miss the Americans. Thinking of maybe starting the Hand Maids Tale. The book was very dark and disturbing. I here the show is even darker. I love going back to the same places. We go to a dog friendly place in Montauk, NY. Watching the pups on the beach, being able to take them with us to the restaurants (we only go to the places with outdoor seating. It’s not fun for them to be in a hotel room. My Buffy has Leukemia and her happiness, is my happiness. I’m reading A Dog’s Way Home.