1. I can’t even tell you how much fun we had in Maine and how much we loved it. I’m pretty sure Eddie is already planning for our trip back. It’s more gorgeous that I even expected. And do you know one of the reasons that I’ve always wanted to go there? Because six years ago I read this book and it hooked me.
2. How refreshing and incredible does this pineapple peach lemonade look?!
3. Thoughts on the new Taylor Swift song? So I’m on the fence. The song itself, like the beat and stuff? I love it. It’s catchy. Though it kind of reminds me of Britney Spears. It’s in my head. It was awesome on the elliptical this morning. But if it’s really about all these people… like, can she just stop doing that? Why bring more attention to things like that? How about just GET OVER IT. And then make songs like this!
4. My friends at sugar and cloth live in Houston and are doing a great thing for hurricane harvey victims.
5. I actually was excited to watch Games of Thrones this week with Eddie even though it’s totally not my cup of tea. It was so good!
6. How Martha does it.
7. Also whyyyy am I still so in love with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet? This is why.
8. Totally planning on decorating for fall this coming weekend. I almost always wait until summer truly ends and we get closer to October, but I’m in such a fall mood with all the autumn recipes I’ve been making that I can no longer wait. Plus, it’s never too early to start burning the Leaves candle, right?
9. It would be totally okay if no TV station ever played the trailer for IT again. Like ever ever again.
10. p.s. today is THE DAY! You can finally pre-order a copy of my next book, The Pretty Dish! I would appreciate it so, so much if you guys would order a copy. Preorders are so important to the success of the book!
31 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
gah, I want to go to Portland this weekend, it looks super dreamy. Where did you guys stay?
it was so fun! at the recommendation of a few other readers, we stayed at the press hotel!
Pingback: Dienstag Sachen. | Wie süß ist es | was koche ich heute
I totally agree with you about Taylor Swift. I feel like she’s gone off the petty deep end. It’s annoying and sad.
i just don’t get why she is wasting time making music about those situations!
Did you see/hear the Britney-Taylor mash up? I think it will appeal to you!
ohhhhh my gosh.
I LOVE Maine. I’ve gone to Ogunquit/Wells/Kennebunkport every summer for the past few years and I fall more in love every time. The food, the views…sigh. Did you go to the When Pigs Fly bread shop? That’s what heaven must smell like.
I kind of love the new Taylor Swift song, though I agree – I like it for the catchy song itself, and don’t like to think about the alleged story/message behind it.
Just preordered your book – can’t wait!
i didn’t go there, but i absolutely just LOVED kennebunkport! i’m going to do a post on our trip later this week. and thank you for preordering!!
Found the Martha read very intriguing… and uh totally feel you on the IT commercial. I pass over 20 storm drains on my early morning runs and now speed up every time i pass one!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
Are you watching the Lowe Files?? It is a really fun show so far and he is just so gosh darn likable!
really martha….. a HALF shot of espresso????? why bother :)
1. Coming to you from the other Portland (OR), Maine has been on my vacation list for a long time. It looked amazing and beautiful. I need to bump it up.
2. It trailer is scarier than sh*t. the book was scary. I don’t read or watch horror any more, but I used to and so I’m torn… I want to see what they did with it (hopefully something better than the 1990 mini series), but I’m afraid I won’t sleep for like.. months.
3. I have been holding off fall with the Copper Coconut candle.. Which seems fall like (burning candles inside during the summer) it’s been in the high 80s-100 in weather so nothing here is screaming ‘school is starting.. pumpkin season is arriving’ yet. But I am prepared with the marshmallow fireside candle… and a pumpkin something or other.
4. loved GoT and then? stopped watching. However I just binged on Ozark which was fabulous. loved.
5. last, but certainly NOT LEAST!!! YAY NEW BOOK and PRE ORDER!! w oot woot
My thoughts on LWYMMD bc you asked…I agree with you. It’s catchy and fun but at the end of the day, it’s kinda immature. Like ppl have said, “doesn’t she have the right to fight back” and I’m like yeah, but that doesn’t mean she needs to. And I don’t like that she is blaming the other person like YOU MADE ME DO THIS. Like, no, no one is making you do anything. Take responsibility for your actions. But at the end of the day I still listen to it and enjoy it and try not to overthink it haha. Bc I probably am lol. 😂
So conflicted about the new song. I agree so catchy but I kinda miss innocent country Taylor. The video is something too. Glad I’m not the only one over the age of 18 thinking bout this stuff😂 And nope, never too early for fall. I wore a hocus pocus shirt today and burned a pumpkin candle but it was like 60 and rainy here.
Oooh yay! New book! Always loved your recipes. Also same on the Taylor Swift front – but the song’s so catchy?!
I am just so happy that I am not the only one in full fall-mode!! I have told myself I have to wait until Friday, but my fall candles are ready and waiting.
So the new Taylor Swift song – catchy but I absolutely hate it. I saw a clip from the music video and I thought it was scary. I think I like the country/pop better than whatever this song is classified as… and I am a big Taylor Swift fan!
have you tried (smelled?) the “autumn” candle from B&B Works? It’s AMAZING. Definitely my new favorite fall scent…and I’ve been burning it since early August. Sorry not sorry!
I preordered your book and I cannot WAIT to receive it!!!
I haven’t ever been a huge TS fan, but listened to the new song so I would know what everyone was talking about it, and I’m not really feeling it. Like, girlfriend, what’s with the blame? No one is MAKING you do anything. Seems kind of petty?
B&BW was having a huge sale on 3 wick candles last week and I really, really don’t need any (like, have an overflowing candle shelf in my linen closet, don’t need any) but HAD to buy a few LEAVES for fall. Hoping I can hold off till mid-late Sept before I light one.
Can’t wait for the new cookbook. #1 is such a staple and makes my kitchen so much prettier.
Just wanted to say: Bath and Body Works, Bourbon Sea Salt Caramel candle. OMG. I burned it Saturday night before having friends over to watch the fight, and I swear my house still smells like it. AMAZING.
Maine is my total happy place. I spent pretty much all my summers since I was about 14 camping all over the state with my family and it’s the place I always want to go to. I can’t wait to show it to my son and experience all the things with him.
And totally agree with Taylor Swift, I really like the song (It’s stuck in my head as we speak). But I don’t really follow celebrities so I don’t even know what half the stuff is about.
I live in Los Angeles, so Portland, Maine is about as far away from me as you can get in the US, but my husband was there on a work trip last week! We have a quest to find a “swimming hole” near us, which is impossible because there is very little water in Southern California. So he sends me this picture from Maine of this beautiful, perfect, dreamy swimming hole, surrounded by trees and even a ROPE SWING! He just stumbled upon this heaven while driving around. Our friend lives in Montreal and drives to Portland often for getaways so now I’m schemeing a way for all of us to vacation there. It might have to wait until next summer though!
Just pre-ordered your new book! Can’t wait!!! :)
I just straight up don’t like the new Taylor Swift song or the video. The song is just not my cup of tea, and it all just seems so immature. The lyric video and the music video both seem like she’s trying to perform some sort of teen drama-esque (like from the CW, Freeform, etc.) villain. I’m not here for it at all. If the song was good, I’d overlook it, but she can do better.
Where was your FAVORITE place in Maine that you visited? You had so many great pictures. We are headed up the east coast in a couple of weeks and will be going to Portland & Acadia National Park. I’ve been downtown Portland before but didn’t really venture much outside of it. I cannot wait to go back.
I wasn’t sure what I thought about Taylor’s new song at first but seeing the video clinched it for me–love! She’s the only one who can really say who it’s about but she doesn’t…although the speculation is what makes it crazy. And if it’s about Kanye & Kim, I don’t blame her. She was very forgiving & didn’t say much about him for a long time but Kanye couldn’t let it be water under the bridge–he mentioned her in a song & put her naked image in a video. She has the right to be angry. I look forward to hearing the rest of her new album!
i agree with this too – eddie also agrees as he is a huuuuge diehard taylor fan and loathes anything kardashian-esque, haha. i guess i just wish she wouldn’t have stooped to their level!! i am also really excited about the album!