1. All I want at the moment is some goat cheese potato gratin. I mean, RIGHT?!
2. Here’s a weird thing. I think that I’m the only one who ISN’T into the Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning. Now, don’t get me wrong, I adore everything bagels. I’ve made everything hummus and generally enjoy the flavor when it comes to bread and crackers. But I just don’t want it on anything else. I’m not into the hype!
3. I am totally loving the 2018 pantone color of the year: ultra violet! OMG. I mean this is almost as good as the year it was radiant orchid.
4. Are trashy Christmas movies becoming, like, the new soap opera? Did you even watch soap operas? I loved a good Guiding Light episode when I came home from middle school. It was my mom and grandma’s fave.
5. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, we got the Amazon Echo Show on Black Friday. Max is obsessed with it and it’s so cute listening to him yelling at Alexa to “check the weather” BUT … he now thinks that he can talk to all computers and what not in the house and that they should respond. I mean… maybe in like 2021?
6. Did you see the Starbucks Christmas tree frappuccino? Truly no flavor combo sounds more terrible. Ick.
7. While I wish I could have a vacation mindset all year long, I’m not sure if that is ever how my brain will work.
8. I can’t believe I’m even typing this, but I think we are done watching the Walking Dead. It was our favorite show for soooo long (especially Eddie’s, so this is huge) and it was so good, but we didn’t start it back in October when it began again and with the events of Sunday’s episode (yes I know what happens, ugh), I just don’t think I can watch it again! But I am emotionally unstable right now, so there’s that. Maybe I’ll change my mind eventually.
9. If you have a bit of time today, you can listen to my podcast interview over on paleOMG. I adore Juli so much. Annnnd I will repeat for the millionth time: there isn’t much worse than listening to your own voice/audio. Bah.
10. Last year I did a big 12 Days of Christmas vlogging series and while I can’t really get my act together (hi, Emilia) to do it this year, I am holding a holiday giveaway series starting today of all of my favorite things!
31 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Loved listening to the interview with you and JUli!!! It was so sweet and great to get to know you a bit better :) Although as you said, you keep it REAL and personal on the blog, which i love! Thank you for all that you do!
and omg guiding light. also. PASSIONS. HELLOOOOOOO
thank you!!! xoxo
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - Next Step News
Have you tried the Everything but the Bagel seasoning on avocado toast (with a fried egg, of course)? I’m obsessed!
i haven’t! i know, i’m so weird about it. that’s my favorite meal!
I loved listening to your podcast episode! I’ve been following you for years and years – and it’s maybe embarrassing how much I already knew about you? But it just adds to the whole personal connection you build with the style of your blog. Love it (and you) so much! Also, how is Max 3????
hahah thank you so much allison!
We went to a super trendy tapas restaurant for my birthday last week and we ordered one of the items bases solely on other’s suggestions. It was a smoked chicken crepe in a foie gras sauce and a sherry glaze. It was absolutely freaking amazing. The kicker? It had everything bagel seasoning sprinkled on top! The little bit of texture and flavor really took it to another level. This was right before you posed your white enchilada recipe last week so I made it with smoked chicken and omitted the green chili and added sherry to the sauce and it came out almost like this dish. it as the first time i used the Trader Joe’s seasoning because I didn’t want it on anything else but this really worked! So weird! Also- I ordered the Christmas tree frappachino and couldn’t bring myself to drink it. I threw it away untouched.
that sounds absolutely UNREAL.
and i secretly wish you would have taken a sip. just so i know how it is!
So excited for the giveaways. I loved the vlogging series last year, but completely get that not being feasible with a newborn. Enjoy the holidays with your beautiful family!
thank you so much bryn!
I live overseas and I always have people bring me Trader Joe’s everything spice! I put it on my challah that I make almost every week, and whenever people come over when it’s fresh they’re so confused how we have everything bagels in the house, which are not something we have in the Middle East.
I’m so surprised you don’t like the TJ’s everything bagel seasoning! Lol I can’t get enough of it. Also I just listened to your interview with Juli..loved it!!
it’s so weird, i know!
I feel like I have so much to say about this post.
2. I have never had an everything bagel. As an adolescent I was a sweet bagel person. Cinnamon Crunch. Cinnamon Raisin. French toast. Blueberry. As an adult I don’t really eat bagels, and so I will reach for a sweet one because YOLO. So I have legit never eaten an everything bagel, and thus never jumped on the seasoning bandwagon. I worry I won’t like it and be very uncool, so I haven’t even bothered.
3. I don’t love purple but I am obsessed with the concept of the pantone color of the year. Regardless of what it is. I think it is mindboggling that an organization can decide/predict what the big color of the year is going to be and then all of sudden EVERYONE LOVES IT AND IT IS EVERYWHERE. We are all a marketer’s dream.
4. Thanksgiving weekend I watched approx. 15 Christmas movies. I had 4 days off and nothing to do. I cyber Christmas shopped and watched all the trashy xmas movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. They were awful and I loved it.
4.5 PASSIONS!!!! IT WAS EVERYTHING TO TWEENAGE ME!
6. This is the first I am hearing of this! BRB…….. Nope. Nast.
10. Gimme the goods.
i feel like the everything bagels are very onion-y. so there’s that.
totally agree about pantone! how cool would it be to have that job in deciding the color?
Yes to the Guiding Light, my mom and both grandmothers watched it my entire life and I watched it up until it went off the air!
I don’t like the TJs everything bagel seasoning (and I adore tjs) but I do love everything bagel chicken, which was a Rachel Ray recipe in like, 2005 or something. I still make it sometimes and it’s awesome.
And enjoy Christmas with a baby! We can all just watch the ones from last year this year. 😉
thanks erin! xoxo
and now i have to try that recipe!
Do Hallmark movies count as trash? Because I made it my goal to watch all 21 this year and it’s been amazing! LOL
LOL! that’s amazing and i love you.
You’re not alone! I’m not really into the everything but the bagel either.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
The Young & the Restless and The Bold & the Beautiful. Wow.. those two shows clearly had the same writers. I watched them both with my Mama growing up. Team Ridge & Brooke! (Anyone else….??) Also, I haven’t heard of this Christmas Tree frappe until now.. what’s… in it… ??? *runs to google*
I loved the Guiding Light and watched it everyday…we even taped it (yes, taped) so my mom, sister and I could watch it at night. haha, oh great times. And that Starbucks Christmas frap looks amazingly gross.
My daughter’s the same age as max and also asks our alexa the weather each day. If it’s “sunny” she claims she doesn’t need a jacket. She also thinks all calls are video calls and can’t figure out why my mother can’t “see” her when they talk.
Jessica you must try the Trader Joe’s everything bagel seasoning on avocado toast with cucumbers! It’s amazing! I haven’t tried it on anything else though ;)
I see this recipe,looks very different from other.i like these types of recipes.thanks for sharing with us.