1. HOW IS IT EVEN STILL WINTER?
2. All I want right now: the ultimate chocolate cake.
3. But! Speaking of? I’m currently stuck with FOUR forms of cake right now. Leftover cake from Emilia’s baptism and my MIL’s birthday, cupcakes from that night too as well as a cake I made yesterday for the blog in a few weeks. At this point I don’t even want to look at cake!
4. It’s Fat Tuesday! So maybe all the cake will serve a purpose. Are you making anything delicious for dinner? I’m thinking a huuuuge brunch style breakfast for dinner.
5. My phone won’t stop autocorrecting “dinner” to “sinner.” I mean… what? Pretty sure considering what I do, I’m writing out “dinner” a lot more often.
6. My only thought for the Homeland premier: BORING. Okay, but the real thing we need to discuss is This Is Us. Every single one of the actors (the young and old) should get awards! They are all so good. I thought last Tuesday’s episode was sadder than the one after the Super Bowl. So glad we have the Olympics to distract us for awhile! Also, ummm OMG Mirai Nagasu and Adam Rippon. LOVE THEM. And Chloe Kim! AHHHH so amaze.
7. All the crazy love I had for Reese Witherspoon just grew.
8. For what is seriously the third holiday in a row, I’m way ahead of the game in buying cards for people. Only one problem: I can’t find them. I have no idea where I put them. I did this for two birthdays recently too. Worst mom brain ever.
9. Also very depressed that after this week I should probably take down the Valentine’s decor. Nope nope nope.
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Just think – you’ll be way ahead of your card buying NEXT year when you find said lost cards in about two months! haha I stopped buying cards because I would lose them. *waved white flag*
Seriously! Will this winter ever end? I just want to wear different clothes/shoes mostly. One year my mom gave my brother and I Easter stuff in June because she found where she had hid it lol. So she bought stuff twice.
My kids are getting killer valentine’s gifts because I found a bag of presents from Christmas that I forgot i bought. Oops.
And I refuse to undecorate from Valentine’s Day. My couch has beautiful cozy pink fur pillows on it and it makes me so happy. I refuse to go back to ordinary time. REFUSE.
I made Dutch babies for Fat Tuesday breakfast. Dinner is mac and cheese. And your chicken fingers.
The only thing that is making this winter worth it right now are the Olympics – OMG I’m so hooked. I seriously want to be Chloe’s friend.
I checked in today only to talk about Homeland, haha. I saw a billboard for it last week and was like, ughhh I thought this show ended already! Why is it still happening? Which I think I’ve told myself st the beginning of every season since Brody died, but I watch anyway and it is still pretty good. But I actually really liked the premiere! I love how they make the show feel relevant with current events every season.
I mean I think the decor could stay until end of February, its a short month after all!
Don’t worry about the Valentine’s deco…I say LET IT RIDE! But then again…I still have my Christmas tree up because I can’t bear to take it down. The lights…the colors…the EVERYTHING! I appeased my poor hubby by taking down everything else though. We are currently rocking the V-day look with a side of Christmas. I’m such a good wife…LOL!! :-)
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
We have St. Patrick’s Day to look forward to next! My mom decorates for every single holiday, so lights are constantly changing colors at their house. Ha!
For you listening to the Forever 35 podcast? It’s amazing- all about skincare and self-care. I just discovered it and have been binge-listening all weekend. I know you like podcasts so I thought you might like it.
*Are you nor for you, argh :)
The Olympics are everything right now. I haven’t done anything else that I should be doing in the evenings, but does anyone in my home really need clean clothes or meals? The men’s halfpipe snowboarding? Amazeballs.
I was totally going with Breakfast for dinner for Valentine’s.. so your idea of brunch for dinner has me feeling less guilty about that. (did you see the above? I’m totally not doing a big fancy meal and miss Olympics)
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your cute little fam!
i still haven’t found the perfect first anniversary card i bought for my sister and bro-in-law over five years ago. guess i will stick to last minute buying and scrambling.