24 Hours in Boston for The Pretty Dish.
Well. Girl’s trip plus baby!
I was NERVOUS flying with Emilia. She’s kind of at the worst age to fly right now. It happens to be my favorite stage for her so far, but when it comes to travel, I knew it would be tricky. She is so alert and won’t sleep like a newborn, but also still trying to figure out how to do things on her own (like she rips the pacifier out of her mouth and then is mad it’s in her hand, haha). She won’t really nurse unless she is hungry (complete opposite of Max!), she wants to be lying down and get thing – still SWADDLED! – to sleep (also so different from Max, who was done with the swaddle before three months!) and also just really likes to be placed down by herself.
So I knew it would be rough. And it was. At least on the trip there!
We did manage to swaddle her. She slept for maybe 25% of the time. And screamed for the other 75%. Ha! I swear it’s karma for me being a brat/impatient when I was in my 20s and babies would fly and cry on planes.
Thankfully, the people around us were pretty understanding and the men sitting right behind were showing us pictures of their grandchildren once we landed.
Going through the airport though? We looked like a crazy trainwreck. So many things! Must take all the things!
BUT WE SURVIVED!
After we made it off our flight, we got to our hotel, The Fairmont Copley Plaza. In full disclosure, the Fairmont hosted our stay for the evening, which was amazing. I’m staying in Fairmont’s for most of my book tour, so I’m going to give you the tour!
Oh my gosh, it was so pretty!
The view from our room was amazing too.
AND. In our room there was this amazing strawberry aperol spritz cocktail and I’ve been dreaming of it ever since. Must must must recreate ASAP. I wanted to figure out a way to get this in my suitcase!
They also had these lovely treats for us in the room, which we promptly devoured.
We headed to Citrus and Salt for dinner and it was amazing. We might have went a little nuts and ordered almost everything on the menu to split between four of us. So incredible.
And yes, that is flaming hot Cheetos street corn. UM WHAT. I also should recreate that right?
Basically just roll your ears of corn in flaming hot Cheetos, okay?
Even after our feast that night, we were starving and ended up ordering room service (which I’ve only ever done like once in my life!) to share. We wanted something savory and sweet sooo…
This brioche French toast was insane. So insane!
Once we got Emilia all situated and fed for the next few hours, I headed to the book signing!
The Pretty Dish even was at Northeastern and this was the second time I’ve been there. I LOVE doing events there! The test kitchen is amazing as are the people.
On the way back, I popped into Flour bakery really quick for a decaf iced latte. So many of you told me to try the homemade oreo, so I got us one of those and we split it on the plane that night. It was basically our dinner since we didn’t get home until 10:30.
Emilia did SO well on the flight home. She slept almost the entire way and was a little love bug. I never even considered flight delays and what not when it comes to kids! It really throws a wrench into things because you’re spending all day figuring out what their eating and sleeping schedule will be like for the plane, and then BOOM you’re delayed forever.
And that’s that! 24 hours flew by, especially with a babe there with us! But it was SO fun. And I just adore Boston. It was super cool seeing all the marathoners arrive and they city being set up for the marathon. We had such a wonderful time!