1. The royal wedding was seriously everything to me. Lacy and I woke up before 5 in our Atlanta hotel and stayed in bed watching it for hours. I will forever be a hopeless romantic and it was so dreamy. I LOVED that second dress. Not to mention… the Queen is Mother Lovett incarnated.
2. Baked Nashville chicken hot sliders?! I need them. I’ll be in Nashville next weekend for The Pretty Dish event, so tell me where to get the best hot chicken!
3. I still have Mother’s Day cards up on our mantle and every time I look at them and see “mom” on the front, I’m thinking “oh what a nice card for my mom” and then I realize that they are MINE! Similarly to how I was complaining about how I don’t feel my age last week, I still think HOW AM I A MOM constantly. Like, constantly. Now, who has watched Ali Wong’s Hard Knock Wife special… ?
4. Speaking of my mom, last week as I was getting us an Uber, she was talking about how all of our life we’re taught to never get in a car with a stranger. And now it’s all we do. I mean, she isn’t wrong about that.
5. Currently listening to the 5 Second Rule on audible right now. No, it doesn’t have anything to do with food being on the floor for five seconds. Have you read it? It’s interesting! But also… like, doesn’t work for me?
6. Okay, so what is this plot twist kind of thing that Billions is taking? I’m not into it. I like that they are switching it up a bit but can’t they keep the storyline to something I enjoy and/or can follow? HA. Annnd did you see all the previews for The Affair? So excited. Even after how awful it ended up last year. Also, what did you think of the Grey’s finale? It was cute, I was glad it wasn’t a plane crash/bomb/death explosion, but the most exciting part was Teddy at the end! Eeeeep!
7. Puhleeeease tell me that you saw the Salt-n-Pepa performance at the Billboard awards on Sunday night? OH MY GOSH. I died. And was so impressed. They were incredible.
8. Why do I want a La Croix swimsuit? Ugh.
9. Just how millennial can I get today? We’re having a rosé party! We should probably be wearing the La Croix suits while sipping.
10. What are your plans for Memorial Day weekend? This is always one of my favorite weeks of the year!
23 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - How Sweet Eats - Sweet n Savory
Hattie B’s for Hot Chicken! Adele’s in Nashville is also amazing!
#10 ~ I’m visiting a goat farm this weekend! Bring on all the goat cheese, goat milk GELATO and baby goats!!!
I also want the La Croix swimsuit! If you were a La Croix flavor, what would you be? ..,and other things I spend too much time thinking about.
OMG did you see the name of the signature cocktail from the royal wedding? When Harry Met Meghan! SO CUTE I DIEEEEE.
Hattie B’s in Nashville has THE best hot chicken!
That Salt N Pepa/En Vogue performance was completely everythinggggggggg! They were so good!!!
I think you should spend Mel’s suggested 5 seconds getting the idea of wanting a suit that makes you into an aluminum can look-alike out of your head.
The Royal Wedding was so amazing to watch!
I second (or third, or fourth) Hattie B’s! I DIEEEEE for spicy food and the “Shut the Cluck Up!” heat level had me sweating… fair warning! :)
I don’t have a Hot Chicken rec, but I was in Nashville a few months ago, and Peg Leg Porker (for BBQ) and Gray and Dudley for drinks/snacks or dinner!
Heading to France for Memorial Day – so patriotic :)
I’m so with you on The Affair. After last season I was like ‘no. just no more’ but now? somehow I cannot wait for the new season after seeing the trailers. As for Billions, I’m liking it. I’m team Wendy Rhodes all the way.
and I’m going to echo Afton’s comment above on the La Croix (coconut and grapefruit by the way!) swim suit out of your head! LOL. that cracked me up.
I have zero recs for Nashville. I’ve been through once, but not long enough to get to do a bunch of fun things. which reminds me… I need to go back!
So much yes to the Ali Wong Netflix comedy special – I cracked up so hard even though I’m not a mom and immediately sent my sister a text since she is and I knew she’d appreciate it – haha!
If you liked Hard Knock Wife, you should check out the standup special she filmed for Netflix a couple years ago – when she was pregnant with her first kiddo – it’s called Baby Cobra and it’s definitely worth a watch!
Hattie B’s is where I take everyone that visits me in Nashville. I usually go to the Charlotte Pike location as the lines are usually shorter there. Save room for the peach cobbler-it’s soooo good!
Can’t wait to see you in Nashville–I’m a huge fan! I gave your first book to my mom for Christmas one year and stole it back from her. :) Just bought the Pretty Dish as well.
For hot chicken, avoid the crowds at Hattie B’s (I think it’s overrated anyway) and head to Tennessee Brew Works. They have an awesome patio, great beer, and their food is SO under rated. Their hot chicken sandwich is the best in town and they also have an awesome charcuterie board. It’s also near Kristen Cavallari’s new jewelry/lifestyle store and she regularly films her reality show there too so that’s probably right up your alley!
YOU ARE NOT GETTING A LA CROIX SWIMSUIT!! :D lol
Ali Wong’s Comedy Special is what I need on a day where I need that pick me up to make me laugh.
For hot chicken in Nashville, Hattie B’s is the answer every tourist and many locals will give you – but it’s honestly just okay and there are lines around the block all the time. Pepperfire is where I’d recommend! Also, if you get a chance to do dinner, my favorite places are Chauhan Ale & Masala House, Husk, or The 404 Kitchen. You’ll never forget your meal at any of those places!
I’m so excited to see you at your book signing here!
Native Nashvillian here. Skip Hattie Bs and go for Prince’s Hot Chicken.
I’m hoping to see you at Parnassus! They are lovely. I have a book signing there July 1st.
Resist the swimsuit! Hideous!