1. Thoughts on IGTV? I’m (not-s0) secretly hoping it just disappears. But I did post some videos over there! Because I’m a hypocrite.
2. This crunchy peanut butter chocolate tart? I cannot handle it. Best combo of life.
3. Please tell me why on earth there are fall decor and fall shoes and fall clothing items in stores right now… before July! What the heck. How depressing.
4. I really, really liked The Affair this week! It felt so much like seasons one and two and that has me crazy excited. Cole is by far my favorite character… obviously. Pacey. Hello. And! A bunch of you asked me where I’m watching Southern Charm. The answer is comcast – on demand. I’m still on season two because I can barely get through one episode a night. But I love it.
5. How Anthony Bourdain changed her life. I love.
6. Took a huge gulp of what I thought was orange juice over the weekend and it turned out that it was golden BEET juice. Almost died. Not sure how I’m still living. Tasted like… the earth.
7. It’s cotton candy grape season! Have you tried them before? They are so weird because they ACTUALLY taste like cotton candy.
8. Max is obsessed with attempting to walk around in my (very high) wedges and it’s basically the cutest thing ever.
9. When you love your friends but don’t want to make plans to see them.
10. We’re working on a week full of summer fun right now and I want to know: what’s one thing on your summer bucket list?!
24 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - How Sweet Eats - Sweet n Savory
Not a fan of IGTV! Instagram is turning into facebook! It’s awful!
I agree. I pretty much moved over to Instagram because I hate Facebook so much and now Instagram is turning into Facebook. Not just Instagram’s fault, but the feeds are now all about selling product, and writing these LOOOOOONG paragraphs that really should be blog posts, and videos and all that. I. JUST. WANT. PRETTY. PICTURES. Instagram used to be my happy place.
I will totally be dreaming of that tart. I just had my stepdaughter make a summer wish list. She put some simple things on there, like going to the beach and go to certain restaurants that she loves, go to a car show with antique cars. She’s 14 and Cars is still one of her favorite movies. There are some others too. They are simple and doable with a few wild ones thrown in. We made no promises on those though. I have to find cotton candy grapes, hopefully my grocery store sells them. And YUCK to seeing back to school/fall stuff in June/July. Summer just started!!
I am going to truly miss Anthony Bourdain, it’s the one “cooking” show my hubby will watch with me. I have followed him for many years from “Cooks Tour” to “Parts Unknown”. I have always known that he lived on the edge and enjoyed everything that was so good, it was bad for you.
Do some curbside improvement on my house.
Anthony Bourdain – My husband and I plan our trips around his Parts Unknown. We hate touristy attractions and much prefer seeing how locals live and eating as authentic as possible. Last year it was Thailand and Vietnam. I feel so much smaller in this world (in a good, humbling way) when I watch his show and learn about others.
I also love the shows he does in America, which seem like bad selections for an international travel show, but HELLO I learned so much about Houston, and I’ve lived in Texas my whole life!
Funny enough, I really couldn’t stand reading his book. The vibe just didn’t sit with me. But I’ve always loved him on TV.
Spotted: baked and wired cupcakes!! But you didn’t even mention them here!
Dude, Zulily has HOLIDAY — and by holiday, I mean CHRISTMAS — stuff out already. I had to stop looking, I couldn’t handle it.
Amongst many other things on my summer bucket list: Go to a baseball game – Have a picnic – Make homemade ice cream sandwiches
1. Super over IGTV. The bright orange notification banner drives me crazy.
2. BEET JUICE?!!!! The audacity.
3. I’m still not ready to ready anything about Bourdain. I tried watching the Kansas City (my hometown) episode of No Reservations and couldn’t even get through the intro without crying. Feeling the loss of this legend deep.
4. Cotton candy grapes are really killing my keto thing but obviously they’re a necessity.
Same here about IGTV. And now I don’t know how to get that grainy TV circle off my higlights! I shared one video and was over it.
Tasted like earth 😂😂😂 that accurately describes it
I’ve never heard of golden beet juice…sounds like a treat! :)
The Affair is good already! I feel like they are definitely inline with today’s issues (the immigration thing with Cole’s wife); in fact kinda similar to how Billions always seems to do that too! Maybe the same writers…
Golden beet juice?! Yikes! And you need to make some sort of treat featuring cotton candy grapes.
Finally, someone else who thinks beets taste like earth (I always say they taste like dirt).
Summer bucket list: find a house and buy it. We are finally moving to the States (after 18 years of living in the ME), and looking forward to finding a house for our family.
Summer bucket list was to go to the farmer’s market, and I’ve been twice so far!
I do not like IGTV right now – prefer stories!
Are you guys absolutely sure those grapes taste like cotton candy? I must have a defective mouth because I bought some last week and thought they tasted like honeydew.
I’m the hugest fan of cotton candy grapes, it’s the only time of year I buy/can finish a whole bag of grapes! ahhh <3
How have I not heard of gotten candy grapes? Do you find them at grocery store, farmers market or a gourmet store? I’ve been so sad about Anthony Bourdain. I haven’t been able to watch any of his shoes on my question yet.
Normal grocery store should have them.
1. IGTV well.. I want to say it’s not my favorite. But what’s not even more my favorite is having to go to separate links or Stories that get posted (by no fault of their own) out of order. So the video format is quick and easy I guess?
3. cannot get behind fall before Independence Day even happens! (and I LOVE fall..)
4. I love Joshua Jackson and he is by far the reason I loved The Affair. I have the first couple episodes on DVR, but am in process of moving so haven’t had time to sit down and watch. Cannot wait! So happy that you’re enjoying it
5. love Anthony Bourdain. enough said
6. I die. I love most veggies, but beets? you’re being too kind when you say ‘earth’ I say ‘They taste like DIRT and make me want to scrape my tongue’ I cannot even imagine a big swig of juice. Picture me doing the recoiling head shake like it was straight tequila.
7. cotton candy grapes. super gross. says the woman that loathes cotton candy. LOL I didn’t think they would taste just like cotton candy, but ? hello, they do. so not on my shopping list ever ever again
8. OMG the cutest! but Max and Emilia are the cutest anyway
9. yes. the plan spiral on top of being a mom and working FT and juggling life… ‘just let me lie down now.. I don’t want to make any more plans’ oops.
10. summer bucket list is small this year- because moving two households into one (which is super exciting, but exhausting & expensive) but we plan on hitting the beach, waterpark, some street fairs, farmers markets on Sunday
I do not have big plans. My son asked me to watch movies with him. I will stick to the home theater all the day watching his favorite movies with Terrarium Tv app : https://terrariumtv.io
Really great website.