1. We had three bad iced coffees this weekend. I mean, that’s a record. Nothing worse than a hot coffee served with 4 ice cubes that melt immediately in the sunshine!
2. Asking again two weeks later: thoughts on IGTV now? Is anyone watching it? Are YOU watching it? If you’re watching it, what kind of videos are you watching? My instagram app doesn’t even have me updated to IGTV yet so I watch nothing. I just don’t get it!
3. How stunning is this coconut vertical roll cake?! Wowza.
4. Apparently on my journey to become quite elderly, I’m finding myself caring a whole lot about PILLOWS. As I type this, I’m in a hotel with horrific pillows so that doesn’t help, but our pillows at home are awful. We have a king bed and those long king pillows flatten out easily. Tell me all your pillow secrets.
5. Haven’t watched The Affair yet this week since we’ve been away but I am four seasons deep into Southern Charm and have so many thoughts. I love Shep. I also actually like Kathryn a lot. Can’t staaaand Thomas or Landon. They are the worst! Also, this is a whole new experience for me because I don’t really watch reality TV (like the housewives, etc – don’t watch it!) and some of it just feels so scripted.
6. Loving the idea of this slower living. The concept really always seems impossible (and very unrealistic) for me, but reading that post makes all that seem doable!
7. I realized that I think I’ve been accidentally meditating. I mean, it was one of my new years goals and I totally failed, BUT, sometimes I lie down with Max when he takes a nap and in order to get him to fall asleep, I do yoga breathing (I’ve done it since he was a baby) to calm and relax him and it’s almost a little meditative for me. For like, 13 seconds at least.
8. Dying over the on brand childhood meme. Except pathetically, I can’t even think of my own! What’s yours?
9. So excited for the Nordstrom anniversary sale to start this week! I always get the best booties and some basics and things for Max – even though I usually find the catalog to be lackluster (totally did this year), once the sale goes live there are always a bunch of things online I love. I’ll share later this week, woohoo.
35 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - How Sweet Eats - Sweet n Savory
We have a king sized bed but sleep on standard sized pillows. Much more “fluffable”!
#2: not into IGTV. IG stories make more sense and are fun to make.
#4: pack your own pillow (yep) or bunch them up for more fluffiness.
#5: can’t wait until you catch up with all the episodes of Southern Charm… the current season has been a whirlwind.
Would love to know more about what exactly you do breathing-wise with Max! My son is almost 2 and I want to start doing something of the sort with him!!
No to Instagram TV- as least as of now! Maybe I’ll get into it later.
I LOVE southern charm and am also on season 4! I’ve really come to dislike Craig lately!
1. After paying $5 for an “iced” coffee at Starbucks last year (just like you described) I have since perfected my at home version and will never order one again.
For our king size bed, we are on our second set of the Luxury Down Pillows from Pacific Coast. They are wonderful! They are expensive, but sometimes they run sales on their website or occasionally Costco has them for a cheaper price. They last a long time and are the best pillows I’ve ever owned.
Just wanted to say I wholeheartedly agree with your Pacific Coast recommendation – we’ve had ours a few years now and they’re still the best pillow I’ve ever used!
I feel ya on the pillow issue! My husband and I are total pillow snobs at this point. We love the Tempurpedic memory foam pillows. They have a bunch of firmness levels and shapes, though, so you might want to try one in a store before buying. We take them whenever we stay overnight somewhere. It’s ridiculous but so worth it. Also, I am marathoning Southern Charm too! I just started Season 4. LOVE Shep. He’s the most likable character by far. Sometimes I am completely dumbfounded by how STUPID Thomas is. Like, he’s so old! Why hasn’t he got the basics of life figured out yet?! Hah.
Casper pillows are the best! Definitely a little $$ but totally worth it in my opinion.
I agree with this! Casper pillows all the way! There is no turning back.
Please share people’s recommendations for kind size pillows! Mine are pathetic too. Also, my son did exactly what that first On Brand post said about touching the hot stove when he was three. It was awful.
There’s nothing worse than a bad iced coffee! It’s just so disappointing! I thought the Nordstrom anniversary catalog was lackluster also, but I bought a few good purchased last year! Hope there are some good finds!!
I have had some real bad neck and shoulder pain from bad pillows. My mom was was using the brand my pillow and couldn’t stop raving about it so I got one too. I sleep so much better now. No more neck and shoulder pain.
Definitely not into IGTV! Insta takes so long to go they everuthing, I never feel drawn to clicking on the tv afterwards.
I bought the Casper pillow a few months ago & I love it — I got it in the standard size but it does come in a king! They call it “a pillow within a pillow” so it’s supportive but also smooshable (<– my word, not theirs!)
We got bamboo pillows from Bed Bath & Beyond and they are AMAZING. Never ever going back.
Okay so my most “on brand” childhood story.. I was a toddler, maybe 3 or 4? I had just learned how to rhyme and I told my dad “I’m adorable and YOU are horrible.” I also thought when you were in trouble it was your name + Kristen Keizer. I would yell at my dad from the top of the stairs “DADDY KRISTEN KEIZER!!!!” whenever I was mad at him. I still address his father’s day cards that way.
I wonder what Max and Emilia will pick as their “on brand” kid stories some day.
i can think of 2 childhood memories.
1. my mom always said she would wash our mouths out with soap (ralphie style) if we talked back. so i did it and she marched me in the bathroom and there was only liquid dial. i said haha you cant do it and she proceeded to do that thing where they grab you by the mouth you are forced to open and she pumped that dial in my mouth. it was disgusting. i literally talked back the next day. i think she just gave up at that point.
2. the other is i was so afraid to go to school and so nervous (of what i dont know). i got myself so worked up and cried each time the bus came. the driver and my mom were so sick of my routine. i kept saying one day my tummy hurt, etc and they thought i was just trying to get out of school again. naturally i proceeded to puke all over my cabbage patch lunch box and the bus driver made me sit like that the entire way to school and i was so embarrassed. somehow that did not make it any more appealing to go to school ! i think i did not take the bus again until 2nd grade.
2. IGTV- mixed feelings. However it does seem easier than IG Stories that don’t always post in order. It’s fine, but if it went away? I wouldn’t care either way.
4. pillows! for reals. I like to read in bed so need something firmer, but actually sleep on my side and then rotate to my stomach. literally that requires like, 3 different pillow styles. LOL I’m a mess.
5. behind on the Affair this week, but am liking this season so much more than last year. And I just cant do reality TV. just. no. Every time I think ‘this will be fun and relaxing’? I watch for 5 minutes and that’s it (but I don’t count things like American Ninja Warrior in ‘reality tv’ I can watch those)
6. slower living seems impossible. kiddo has gotten busier with her OWN social life (not just what I used to schedule for activities and play dates with my own friends’ kids) on top of school/sports and I still work 40-45 hours outside of the home plus commute in a city that has RIDICULOUS commute times. That being said? Started leaving a handful of days a month unscheduled and it’s glorious. Not that we don’t do things on those days, but we have a CHOICE to stay home and be lazy or not. it’s the CHOICE that I find miraculously freeing.
1st of all whenever I travel, I bring my own pillow and a blanket. Better sleeping for me.
2nd That cake looks so yummy, but what a job to make.
3rd I have so many childhood memories but here’s a good one.
In 2nd grade back in 1969 we had class animals and one was a cute little brown Gerbil.
So I thought it would be cute to try and kiss it on the head, nevertheless, my mother had to be called into school, because the Gerbil bit my nose and would not let go……for hours!
My Starbucks order is an iced coconut milk latte, and the other day they made a hot coffee, poured it into an iced coffee cup, and mixed in coconut milk. It clotted up all weird and when they handed it to me I actually gagged. Haha here’s to a week of better iced coffees for both of us!
Obsessed with my COOP pillow. Expensive but so worth it, completely eliminated my neck pain! https://coophomegoods.com/pages/edenlp
Try Casper for some really nice pillows. It was worth the money and I can’t really afford it. It was worth a better sleep.
I found memory foam pillows at Costco and love them. They’re mailable but also firm. And I want to say it was like $10 for a 2pack!
I just say no to Instagram TV (and 97% of videos on facebook)
Memory foam pillows are the only kind I can survive with anymore!
order “mypillow” you will love them
My Mother in Law uses 3 standard pillows across the king size bed, instead of the 2 king size. She does 2 rows of 3. It looks good, and you can just buy 3 pairs of standard cases.
I am a total pillow junkie…I buy them way too often! I am currently on a no snoring pillow (“no, of course I don’t snore”…) which I do like. That said, I almost always like my newest pillow. I have a problem.
Here is my childhood “on brand” story: I only wanted *this much* milk but my mom always poured a full glass. So I told her what I wanted, then pulled my glass away at the desired amount. Milk went all over the floor.
Have a great day! :)
I say NO to IGTV… Aren’t IG stories enough? It feels like more of the same to me… and I’m sure more work for you. I can barely keep up with my feed as it is.
I think The Affair has been kind of interesting this season. I really hope they do a good job ending all the story lines, I hate it when they leave things hanging when a series ends.
The pillow struggle is real! I tried ‘my pillow’ and didn’t care for them, I found them to be lumpy. I also tried the Casper pillow and while I am not a fan (I’m a side sleeper and like big fluffy pillows) my husband really likes it (he’s a stomach sleeper) – also worth noting it’s a heavy pillow and they sell them at Target.com. So for me, I eventually found a Cuddledown Overstuffed Synthetic pillow and I love it! Definitely a Goldilocks experiment :)
Nothing on earth makes me more ragey than 4 ice cubes in my iced coffee. Big no to IGTV over here but then again I’ve never been a video-watcher!
Check out the pillows by Coop Home Goods. They are made of shredded memory foam and you can add or remove filling to make them perfect for you. They will even send you more filling at no cost if you find it isn’t fluffy enough for you (I can’t imagine this – mine was super fluffy and had a bag of extra fill included already). And bonus – they are completely machine washable. They aren’t the cheapest but they do have a 100 day money back guarantee so you can always send it back if you don’t like it. I love mine!
You can order directly from their website or on Amazon. It sounds like they are going to have some specials for Prime Day.
We love My Pillows! Yes, the pillows you buy from the wacky man on TV. The firmness quiz is a little weird but it works!
Two Words – My Pillow ! I’m a side sleeper and this pillow really works for my bad neck.
The coffee struggle :(
Being a Coffeeholic maniac, I want my coffee perfect. Thats the only reason I try to avoid coffee in newbie shops. I do prefer cuisinart machines to save my days.
I did found a perfect recipe for cold coffee. I wrote about it on my blog few days ago.