1. Cannot get over this vanilla cake with strawberry basil compote. Oooooh my gosh so good.
2. I haven’t been able to stop listening to Aretha’s greatest hits album. Ugh, it is so so so fantastic. I’ve had it on everyday and now Max is obsessed with having “dance parties” while we listen.
3. Not sure what it is about this time of year but I always get the itch to change things around our house (or, um, finally do things) decor-wise… like get pieces of furniture or hang things on the wall or paint or change out rugs and what not.
4. Speaking of that, HALP ME with the toy storage. We sort of have an office/playroom on the first level and it’s just a disaster with toys. I need SOMETHING in there where I can throw all the toys and they are out of sight. Like a wall piece. I’m just not sure if I want one of those pieces with cubbies and baskets, you know?
5. Thoughts on creative failure? For me, the only thing that gets me through it is to keep creating! If I stop, I’m totally uninspired.
6. The last episode of The Affair! I really loved it and actually loved the ending with Helen. Was not surprised at all about Sierra – totally saw that coming. Kind of upset we didn’t see more of Sanaa Lathan because I love her. But almost died when the professor was Donna from The West Wing! And is there anyone out there watching Yellowstone besides us? I love Rip. Unfortunately, Eddie is doing what he always does with shows we watch together: losing interest. Pretty sure he is over it already. I bet he’s done this with at least ten shows we have started together!
7. Last night at the VMAs it was announced that The Hills is returning. Hmmm. Not into it. But I was verrrrry into JLo. She is amazing.
8. Whomp whomp: what happens to our metabolism after the age of 30!
15 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Okay but seriously how are they gonna do The Hills without Kristin and Lauren? Make it an actually scripted show? (Which, like, I know it basically was but we don’t need to talk about it.) Or are they gonna do one with Spencer and Heidi? Or new people? No thanks.
J.LO. IS. UNREAL. Has she made a deal with the devil? Is she a vampire? HOW DOES SHE DO IT?! You know what, I probably don’t wanna know because I could NEVER afford it. She’s incredible.
i’m wondering if Steph is going to be the main lead on this series now. She left Made in Chelsea a couple seasons ago and seems to have moved back to LA…. desperate to see clips of the new show!!!
Best toy storage advice someone gave me was buy TONS of clear bins to store toys in then buy a bunch of cute baskets that you like to look at…throw the toys they currently play with in the baskets (this makes it so easy to pick up because you literally just throw everything in it..plus kids find it awesome to slam dunk toys in to baskets!) then when they want different toys put the basket stuff back in clear bins to store for later! It keeps my house looking so clean and people always comment how they don’t understand how i keep a tidy house with kids!! Target and Land of Nod are the best places for cute baskets!
Is that a picture of Via313 pizza in Austin, Texas? Is it sad that I can recognize that pizza?
Hahaha. OMG. I live in Austin and was wondering the EXACT same thing. 😂
I was literally just discussing toy storage with my husband. We have a big basket right now and it is a hot mess. I am also not sold on bins because I feel like they will pile all the toys in no particular wherever they fit, and our current problem is none of the legos and puzzles and whatnot are together. Maybe we should just get rid of all the toys? Kidding, sort of.
I’m sorry, but when Cole went sprinting off the beach with Allison’s urn, I nearly had a laugh-induced heart attack. It was a lot.
So we just made a window seat out of an ikea shelving unit for toy storage but it has both cubbies and baskets. That said bc it’s a window seat it is way more functional for us than just one of those cubby things bc we needed extra seating. We are also replacing our coffee table and end tables with storage ottomans bc omg I just can’t with the toy clutter anymore and this is with one kid and we have two on the way😱
Blergh, I’m about to be 43 in a couple of weeks and I can’t eat nearly as much as I used to. My stomach gets full fast and it takes FOREVER for me to digest things, so I have to be really careful not to overeat. Which is next to impossible at any restaurant unless I bring most of my food home, so eating out has become a bit of a challenge. Aging sucks. Aging metabolism sucks.
So far I have a toy box from pottery barn and baskets from target.. I’m currently looking for a solution too! I’ve found a few cute ideas on crate and barrel and oeuf.. I’m leaning towards the pottery barn Cameron system.. would love to know what you decide on! Keep us posted!
Just adding my $0.02 on toy shelves. Don’t get something where you are tied into using specifically sized baskets. Just get a set of open shelves. As you children age they will want different kinds toys and you will be able to use the space differently. Most importantly if this is where the toys live don’t allow them to overflow the space. If you have more toys than can fit it’s time for something to go!
You have to watch To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before on Netflix. It’s like this generations version of 16 Candles. SOO good!
LOVE Rip! Glad there will be a second season.
Toy storage: ditto on open shelves. I have bookcases and put bins on the bottom shelves for toys, another shelf for puzzles/games and another shelf for books. You could even put some art supplies there eventually (maybe not yet). We have a small house so one shelf right now has sidewalk chalk and bubbles, which will hopefully get moved once it gets cold…but honestly, maybe not! Oh, and my bookcases have adjustable shelf height so we can adapt. The game shelf is ridic right now!
There are only few homepage that gives you important ideas and that is for free. I am sharing this and if you are using windows 10 computer system http://changeringtoneinwindows10mobile.com then you should try to learn with this how to manage command prompt setting easily.