1. Cannot get over this vanilla cake with strawberry basil compote. Oooooh my gosh so good.
2. I haven’t been able to stop listening to Aretha’s greatest hits album. Ugh, it is so so so fantastic. I’ve had it on everyday and now Max is obsessed with having “dance parties” while we listen.
3. Not sure what it is about this time of year but I always get the itch to change things around our house (or, um, finally do things) decor-wise… like get pieces of furniture or hang things on the wall or paint or change out rugs and what not.
4. Speaking of that, HALP ME with the toy storage. We sort of have an office/playroom on the first level and it’s just a disaster with toys. I need SOMETHING in there where I can throw all the toys and they are out of sight. Like a wall piece. I’m just not sure if I want one of those pieces with cubbies and baskets, you know?
5. Thoughts on creative failure? For me, the only thing that gets me through it is to keep creating! If I stop, I’m totally uninspired.
6. The last episode of The Affair! I really loved it and actually loved the ending with Helen. Was not surprised at all about Sierra – totally saw that coming. Kind of upset we didn’t see more of Sanaa Lathan because I love her. But almost died when the professor was Donna from The West Wing! And is there anyone out there watching Yellowstone besides us? I love Rip. Unfortunately, Eddie is doing what he always does with shows we watch together: losing interest. Pretty sure he is over it already. I bet he’s done this with at least ten shows we have started together!
7. Last night at the VMAs it was announced that The Hills is returning. Hmmm. Not into it. But I was verrrrry into JLo. She is amazing.
8. Whomp whomp: what happens to our metabolism after the age of 30!