Almond Crumb Cake.
[This post is sponsored by McCormick! I’m so excited to show you some of my favorite dishes over the holiday season!]
This almond crumb cake is tugging at my heart strings.
One glance at this and I’m in heaven. It’s basically half cake, half crunchy, crumbly almond-filling topping.
And I’m alllll about the topping.
We already know that I’m THAT person who steals all the crumble topping off of muffins and all the streusel off of cakes and all the potato chips off of cheesy potato casserole and all the pecans off the sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. Yes, I’m the worst.
And yes, this is why it’s so important that this cake is half and half. Half fluffy, moist cake and half crumbly bits of almond topping.
I’m super excited to bring you another deeeelish dessert today in partnership with McCormick. Today, we’re using the McCormick Pure Almond Extract to create fireworks of flavor in your kitchen. Seriously. You have to make this perfection!
Let’s just say that I’m a bit of a nut over almond flavored desserts. Pun totally intended.
I absolutely adore all things almond. Especially this time of year since it’s FINALLY fall. It feels like I’ve been waiting forever. Some summers tend to linger longer than others, but this one not one of them for me. I’ve been ready for a month!
I love how almond flavor kind of transitions us from summer to fall. It’s nutty and fragrant and comforting and brings that real punch of taste to treats. I use McCormick Pure Almond Extract constantly – actually, I use it almost every single day. I’ve been putting a drop in my overnight oats (and I also love adding it to my oatmeal lattes – omg!) and I also love adding a ½ teaspoon or so into my smoothies. It’s SO good and makes it taste like legit dessert. And you guys know that I also use it all the time in my pistachio treats too. Really brings out the flavor!
SO it was only natural that almond crumb cake would fit it into my kitchen. It’s like an almond croissant on steroids. Actually, it’s like an almond croissant married a big old coffee cake and had a fluffy, soft and perfect-for-breakfast baby. Almond crumb cake is my new favorite brunch. And breakfast and dessert!
And to make the almond crumb cake even more delicious and fall-like, I threw in some of the McCormick Rum Extract. It’s perfect and almost gives you that whole butterscotch flavor. Like brown butter! Really brings the fall flavors home here!
This is the perfect cake for so many occasions. Ideal for dessert, but it’s also perfect for brunch, breakfast, heck – even a coffee date. It’s a great cake to gift to someone because it really holds up well and it’s so hearty, satisfying and comforting. A slice of this with a cappuccino? It’s all I need in life!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Almond Extract
- 16 tablespoons 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, egg, extracts and milk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter comes together and is smooth. Spread it in the spring form pan.
- In the same bowl stir together the flour, sugar, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle in the extract and melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine and then use your hands to make sure the entire crumb is moistened and kind of resembles sand. You want all of it to be moistened!
- Sprinkle the crumb on top of the batter. If desired, you can add a few extra sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the center is set. Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving. If desired, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar!
This is now the standard for all my crumb toppings. YEP.