1. There is something about the fall colors this year that are just so brilliant. I swear they haven’t been this intense in years past. I am loving it!
2. How incredible does this lemon butter chicken look?!
3. My mom always took us with her to vote when we were kids (because she didn’t really have a choice and had to take us!) and I adored it. I remember going with her every time. I’m taking Max with me today and am so excited!
4. If you’re a Christmas music freak like me, then you guys have to listen to Tinsel and Tunes! OMG. This is brilliant. It’s a free app + holiday radio station and it is SO good.
5. I’m not doing the decor just yet though. I WANT to, but I’m having Thanksgiving (which might be my favorite holiday?!) and I just can’t mesh the two. The day after, however? It’s on. I’m even decorating our bedrooms. Having kids has turned me into a holiday freak.
6. Speaking of, do you have any interest in seeing my Thanksgiving timeline?
7. As usual, daylight saving time is kicking my butt. It cuts my work days by hours due to the natural light and by 4:30, I feel like it’s midnight!
8. Um, the ending of a Million Little Things?! I knew it was coming but this is making the story so good. Ah! Also how freaky was the end of last week’s Grey’s Anatomy episode? Oh oh oh and even though I quit it a year or so ago, I did see what happened on The Walking Dead!
9. I totally agree that jade rollers really do work. I love mine!
30 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I am hosting my first Thanksgiving this year and would love to see your timeline!!
Yes same here!
Thanks for Tinsel and Tunes ! Love Christmas music (time change not so much) and I agree the colors seem exceptionally vivid this year. I would like to see your timeline. Love your blog-always so cheery-thanks!
Yes please on a Thanksgiving timeline! I have one of my own but I’m always looking for ways to streamline!
My grandma used to take me to vote with her when I was little. She always let me push the levers down and I loved it!
I kind of fell away fro Grey’s for a bit but I have fallen back in love with it over the last couple of seasons. I love the addition of Chris Carmack’s character but I am not sure I can see him with Meredith…yet.
I replayed those final minutes of Meredith walking through the hospital halls..but I don’t remember the death of a dog. I thought it was both clever and curious…in a good way.I am ordering the jade roller
I am ordering the jade roller ASAP!
The dog was Doc, who she shared with Derek back when she was dating Fin (and did the whole Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me thing). He had to be put down because he had cancer.
And the fact that I remember all that is just plain sad.
Yes! Timeline please!
YES to timeline!
Yes to the timeline!
Which jade roller do you have? I suppose I could scan your posts to see if you’ve already shared with us. :)
Would love to see a Thanksgiving timeline. I am loving the fall colors this year too. I see a lot of foliage on my way home and will miss it when it goes away. Not liking how dark it is at 430 either. Would love to see how you decorate the kids room for Christmas, we never did that as a kid.
yes to Thanksgiving timeline! hosting it again after many years of not hosting…. help me!
having kids really does kick the holiday decorating situation into overdrive- but I still wait until the day after TG for Christmas.. otherwise? burned out on Christmas by the time we get to Christmas Day.
can I just say.. I don’t care what time we’re on… it gets dark this time of year (even if we were still on DST) so early and other than holidays I could ditch the months of November- February. 8 hours of sunlight isn’t enough for me.sigh
Yes to a Thanksgiving timeline. And you aren’t wrong, the fall foliage is more vibrant this year. This is focused on KC trees, but the science applies regardless of location! http://www.kcur.org/post/youre-not-seeing-things-kansas-citys-fall-leaves-are-more-vibrant-normal#stream/0
Love, love, LOVE that you are taking Max with you. It’s so important for kids to learn the importance of voting early!
The end of Grey’s got me and gave me all the feelings. I knew it as soon as I heard Chasing Cars.
3.) I had to fight a storm downpour and crazy winds (with my umbrella flipping inside out), but I voted, gosh darnit! :)
9.) YES! I have several rollers (not just jade – I’m a skincare diva), and they absolutely work.
Liz – what’s your favorite roller??
I hope it’s okay if I list my top 3, since I use the rollers for different skincare purposes! :) My favorites are the Angela Caglia La Vie En Rose rose quartz roller; the GingerChi jade roller; and the GingerChi bian stone roller.
I’m intrigued what you mean for different skin purposes? I ordered the GingerChi jade roller but love rose quartz. Just curious. Thanks so much for responding!
Awesome! Let me know how you like the jade roller. I use the rose quartz roller for circulation; the jade roller for improving my sinuses/congestion; and the bian stone roller for lymphatic drainage for the under-eye area. Hope this helps! :)
Thanks Liz!! Wealth of information!
Dear god yes please post your timeline. Hosting Thanksgiving for the first time with my boyfriends family. All the help I can get.
YES PLEASE we want ALLLLLL the details on your Thanksgiving timeline and prep!
I’ve always taken my 7 year old with me to vote and I love explaining it to him. Yes to a thanksgiving timeline!
Yes, please show us your timeline. Please give us make ahead tips and recipes if possible. You have amazing recipes! Thank you for the wonderful blog! I love reading it on my way into work on the train.
Yes! Timeline, please!
Pingback: My Thanksgiving Timeline - 4 Week Thanksgiving Timeline
Ooh, excited about all this jade roller talk. I’m getting one in my FabFitFun box and reluctantly picked it only because I wanted the other options even less. I kind of thought it was gonna be stupid…now I’m looking forward to trying it out! Yay, that article said I’m gonna look like a princess! :)