1. Last week I finally got to see Hamilton. And loooovvved it. I was so enamored during the first show that I couldn’t even move, speak, nod – I was dying over it.
2. Speaking of! When I went on Sunday, I was sitting right in front of the theater sign language interpreters. My mind was BLOWN. These three woman basically put on the show themselves and I can’t imagine how much work goes into that, especially with a show that moves so quickly. I have never seen anything like it and it was incredible!
3. This pan fried egg salad is on my lunch list.
4. Finally bit the bullet and got eyelash extensions! I’m in love with them.
5. TV stuff! I was sort of annoyed at a Million Little Things because we still didn’t really learn anything after they kept advertising that we’d learn everything! I liked This Is Us, but thought it was sad and slightly depressing, and wonder if every year they are going to bring in a new character in this way. We watched the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix and we were both hooked! It was so good and you’re just stunned that something of that nature got so far.
7. I also ended up watching a Star is Born again and actually, it’s grown on me a little. What has me completely hooked is the soundtrack. It is SO fantastic. I can’t stop listening. And did you see the video of Lady Gaga bringing Bradley Cooper up on stage this weekend?!
8. I heard that there won’t be any conversation heart candies this year, but I keep seeing people using them online. Not that I’ve ever liked them to eat, but I wanted to use some as decor and thought Max would love ’em. Whomp whomp.
9. Last week I mentioned my morning pages hack. While it’s not as zen/relaxing/inspiring as the others that I read about (seriously does that exist with small children?! ha), I’ve started doing it around another routine and find that I can get in 5 to 20 minutes of writing down junk from my brain each morning. I have this section of time in the morning when I get Max breakfast, Emilia is still asleep and I want to drink a full yeti rambler of water before making coffee. So after Max is set, I stand at the counter, suck down the water and write in between sips. Sometimes it’s a page and a half. Sometimes it’s like four sentences. Once I finish the water (which is what I’ve always done anyway before the coffee), I’m done! Admittedly I have failed doing this on the weekends, but I really like doing it during the week. It’s getting stuff out of brain.
10. You don’t have to maximize every second of your day!
36 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
The original maker of the conversation hearts (Necco) went out of business, they were based in MA. But Brach’s has been making them as well for years and those are the ones I still see on the shelves. Necco wafers were another candy they made that were my Dad’s absolute favorite and a staple in my house growing up so Necco is very near and dear to my heart!
So sad that Necco went out of business.
I, too, have heard the conversation hearts are missing BUT I saw them at CVS this weekend.
Just an eyelash comment. I have been using a product called Rapid Lash for a good number of years. I used to have very short, very skimpy lashes. I tried every volumizing mascara available but nothing really worked. I was always so envious of anyone who had more lash power. I started using Rapid Lash with very few expectations. It took a few months to really start to see a difference but I have to say, after 6 months, people were actually commenting on my lash growth…my esthetician was the first to remark while my lashed were totally void of mascara during a facial. I have continued to faithfully use it every evening and have maintained the length and volume. I now love my lashes!
thanks so much nancy!! i have researched the eyelash serums for years but am too freaked out by reviews saying that they changed or stained light eyes. that’s the only reason i haven’t used them!
I understand your concern. I remember when lash serums first came out, they contained a chemical used in a drug made for the treatment of glaucoma. In fact, researchers made note of the unusual lash growth as a side effect. The FDA, at some point early on, pulled those first lash serums off the market and disallowed the use of the glaucoma agent. Shortly after, the company that produced the glaucoma drug began producing Latisse as a prescription drug and was allowed to use the magical ingredient. It is my understanding that it is the special ingredient can also cause a change in eye color for light eyes.
All that said, the eye lash serums that are OTC do not contain that specific ingredient an therefore do not produce the same results as Latisse but have been perfected to come pretty close.
I have green eyes and have not seem any change whatsoever and have been using Rapid Lash for over 5 years. I use it to maintain…and apply only every other evening.
Okay…I am done with the serum info. Probably TMI but I did a bunch of research too as I was super hesitant to try anything that would grow my skimpy lashes.Enjoy your extenions..I bet they look amazing!!
this is amazzzzing info nancy!!! thank you so much for sharing!!! not TMI at all. :)
I heard there wouldn’t be any this year either, but I’ve seen them at a few Krogers🤷🏻♀️
Our grocery store has the conversation hearts so maybe you’ll be able to find them somewhere!
Hamilton was so so great!
I’ve been debating getting eyelash extensions again and just can’t decide! Having a baby at the end of March and I know I’ll appreciate having them, especially when I look back at pictures, but just haven’t bit the bullet yet. I’ve always loved it when I had them and love waking up feeling so pretty, haha :)
i seriously debated for YEARS. like i think i first researched them in 2012. but yes, having the kids is definitely a factor for me, haha! they are saving me a ton of time!
You can still buy the Brach’s brand conversation hearts. Media is ridiculous in making everyone think there are none!!!
haha thank you claire!
On sign language. My coworker who sits behind me is deaf. So is his wife, and their two little boys (same ages as my middle kids). I was telling him before a meeting in December, that my baby was finally signing “more” and that she wasn’t quite getting the sign right, but I knew what she was doing. He reads lips incredibly well, and immediately told me that his kids fingers were often out of place when they started signing. “So” he said, “that’s her first word.” “Well,” I responded, “her first signed word.” He gave me the strangest look, and I was immediately struck by how odd that must be for him. His kids first signed word, was, of course, their first word. Sign language is really fascinating, and I love watching the interpreters during some meetings. Different interpreters have different styles. It’s really fascinating.
oh wow!! that is powerful. the theater interpreters are incredible!
just an FYI – it’s the NECCO brand sweethearts that are in short supply this year. Other candy makers have their own versions.
I went to see Hamilton last year and I’m dying to go back and see it again! It’s honestly incredible x
Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com
it is so good! xo
You will have to watch the Frye Festival on Hulu too. Its amazing what they thought the could accomplish and how they schemed to try to put this together. I will have to check out the soundtrack to A Star is Born. I love your Spotify music collections so I will look into it.
i live in the stone age and don’t have hulu yet! haha! i need to get it just to watch this. :)
I saw Hamilton in NY, but almost bought a ticket for a zillion dollars on a sign language day in DC (where I live) because I thought it would be amazing to see. Super cool that you got to go!
it was so cool!!
i loved hamilton !
im seeing Miss Saigon on Thursday. in the bitter cold it better be worth it LOL.
ahhh that’s exciting tara!
Please give an update on your eyelash extensions once they are out. When mine were removed my lashes were literally 1/8″ stubbies and I will NEVER do extensions again. Took 5-6 months to grow back. Just a warning :)
i def will!! i’m going to give some more details on them in my beauty faves tomorrow too.
that is one of the reasons i have waited so long to get them. (and i was afraid of having a reaction!)
but! i’ve worn false lashes myself for over 16 years, so i rip out a ton of my eyelashes every week (ick!). now that i say that, the extensions might actually help mine recover, ha!
Spangler candy company (candy canes) bought Necco and the conversation hearts will be back next year.
I just purchased conversation hearts at our favorite place – Target. I don’t understand all the “none for sale” this year hype?!? Unless i just purchased last years??? Who knows. I’m using them for crafting anyways!
Jessica can you e-mail me and tell me about your lash extensions. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time and want your take..
Have you had to go to the theater to see A Star is Born? Or is it available to stream/download?
i bought it on apple TV! it’s available to buy now, and i think in another week or so it will be available to rent?