1. It’s Fat Tuesday so I deem pancakes to be an acceptable dinner. With chocolate chips, of course. Bacon on the side? Scrambled eggs? Breakfast for dinner is always our fall-back meal and I’m not sure why, but I breath a sigh of relief when I make it. And I love cooking new things for dinner!
2. I’m losing it over these salted nutter butter caramel pretzel cookies. WHAT.
3. The internet has destroyed any sense of grammar I once had, but I love this: you can start a sentence with ‘and’ ‘but’ or ‘or!’ Probably because I always do.
4. I am so sad about the passing of Luke Perry. 90210 was my first TV show obsession and even after my mom told me I couldn’t watch it, I would somehow sneak-watch it. I loved Dylan SO MUCH. And I was totally team Brenda. The prom dress she wore. The way she listened to Losing My Religion over and over again when they broke up. It was everything.
5. As for TV this week… I adored a Million Little Things finale. Really loved it! Was super excited to see Chandler Riggs in it too.
6. The best news of my life: Netflix is rebooting the Babysitter’s Club. Now if only we could get another Sweet Valley High reboot, we’d be set. I remember talking about the Babysitter’s Club years ago on Tuesday Things and so many of you had reread the series. I sort of want to do that but also want to have some on the hand (the original!) for when my kids could read them! I’m already a book hoarder though.
7. Please tell me you’ve seen Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell play Taste Buds on Ellen. I laughed so hard I cried. Half of my rambles this week have been about TV-related things. I swear that I have a life. Promise. Maybe.
8. Desperately in need of kid’s closet tips. Do I put shelving in Emilia’s closet? Everything seems so unorganized (even though it all has a place) and I have to figure out a way to make her closet more “useable.”
26 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I’m hunting for closet solutions myself and Ikea has design tools for closets AND kid’s storage so you can play around with that. It can get pricey quickly but I’m thinking it’s worth it!
I can’t tell you how much I love Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell…individually and together.
I saw the taste bud segment on Ellen and I too was practically crying while watching. The masks they had on were funny on their on but the two of them…especially Kristen trying to give clues…was hysterical.
We were house hunting this weekend and I saw a baby girl’s closet I loved so much. It was the normal closet shelves (link below) but like 4 of them spaced out vertically. So you had all these shelves for stacking items, putting storage boxes etc, but then you had hanging space too. It was brilliant. And I bet pretty cheap and easy to do yourself. (Says the person who will definitely hire someone else to do this in our new home…)
It was these kinds of shelves but imagine 4 of them (vertically) instead of 2, like you’d have for an adult –
I took a picture of the closet but I don’t know how to post it on here! It was brilliant, though, and gives you tons of options plus it would be really flexible to rearrange as she grows, so you aren’t stuck with this forever.
Ok, I totally can’t visualize that from the link!!!! But am so intrigued!!!!
I uploaded the pic to my Pinterest page here: https://pin.it/dd74gp2zrdn2rx
Imagine if you had storage containers/bins etc instead of stuff just sitting on shelves… would be so cute!
I loved Dylan so much! Ryland and Brenda forever! We are the same age and I was allowed to watch 90210 on TV…although I was basically allowed to watch anything. I have two older brothers and I think my parents were more concerned about what they were doing than what I was watching on TV. It was very scandalous though!!
Dylan and Brenda forvever*
I can always get behind breakfast for dinner. It’s the best, I was so sad to hear about Luke Perry’s passing as well, a part of me was so sad for my teenage self. I have rewatched 90210 since and can’t believe the subject matter, I was way to young to be watching it when it first started. I was always team Brenda too. I always liked Kelly & Brandon versus Kelly & Dylan.
What is that beautiful cocktail in the photo?! Looks SO refreshing!
4.) So tragic; and Shannon Doherty’s health isn’t great either :'(
6.) I have EVERY.SINGLE.BABYSITTERS.CLUB.BOOK in my attic. I also loved the Disney Channel series, but HAAAATED the movie version.
For both of my kids’ closets I bought cloth hanging shelves, where I stored their baby blankets, shoes, etc. And also bought a second hanging bar, that we hung from the original bar. So, we hang shirts/tops on top, and pants/skirts on the bottom. Make sense? I also just Marie Kondo’d my kids drawers and that has made it so much easier to find things!
Also, the reference to Losing my Religion is spot on. Need to go stream that now.
We copied this design except the rod for hangers is on top and the crates are on the bottom/middle:
I use the bins for underwear, socks, jammies, etc. for my older kids and we will store blankets, sleep sacks, burp cloths, etc for our baby. I like the easy access of the bins when I need to grab something quickly, plus they are low enough for our toddlers to reach themselves.
Listen to “The Babysitter’s Club Club” podcast. YOU WILL LOVE IT,
OMG this is a thing ????????????????????????
Agreed! It’s the best!! I was going to suggest it too until I saw that you already had!
True story: I would sneak watch 90210 on a mini tv hidden under my sheets and comforter and then the next morning my friends and I would recite the 90210 doll commercial lines: “Did you see 90210 last night?” “Did you see Brandon at my locker this morning?”
(Also is that Brittany Murphy?!?)
Kids closet – I use elfa from the container store. We have a mix of rods, shelves, and drawers and it is about as good as it gets. I think the real problem is the speed at which they outgrow things and how you’re always having to sort out the stuff that doesn’t fit. One thing that has helped me is designating a drawer as the “next” size and one as the “previous/aka donate” size.
1. Breakfast for dinner is the best thing ever
6. I have boxes and boxes of my Baby-Sitter’s Club books in our basement!!!!
8. I really try to sort and go through clothes every 3-4 months. My almost 2 year old completely skipped anything sized 18month and is already pushing out of 2t! So clothes sorting has been my life lately! Would welcome any organizing tips!!!
I am so SO sad about Luke Perry.
so… you brought up reboots – DID YOU SEE THIS??!? 😍
Wow … I made the best pancakes for myself…..(kid at school) this morning, looking at a new Country Home magazine and a cuppa tea.
About 15 years ago we were driving one of the highways in Massachusetts and pick up a sleeping bag….it says written LUKE PERRY on it?!
I had To watch Kristen and Dax….laughing, tears, I couldn’t breathe I was laughing so hard!!!!!!
Oh my gosh….I was dying watching those 2 on the Ellen Show! Do yourself a favor and go to The Container Store for Emilia’s closet. They have the BEST solutions and you will be amazed how much more you can fit in the closet!
For kids closets-when we built our house 6 years ago by boys were small and we needed a closet system that would grow with them AND not make me crazy! I wa so tired walking into their rooms to find their clothes all over the floor because they wanted the shirt that was on the bottom on the nicely folded and stacked shirts! So with that in mind I hand everything except underwear, socks and pj’s. Life changing!! I ordered kids hangers from Amazon. We had custom closets built for them that allowed rods to be moved as they grow. I have a few drawers for the items that are not hung and shelves for bins to hold items that are not used all the time or are seasonal. This system can be done with most do it yourself closet systems but you would just need more hanging or shelving options.
This system works great for us. It’s easy on seasons too-I simply move items on upper rods when not in use.
This system also opened up space in their room as I did not need drawer/cabinet. Now, can we talk toy storage?!
For my kids (ages 2 and 4), I was hanging things but I was also getting sick of picking them up each night so they could reach their clothes. So, I recently moved to putting almost everything folded Marie Kondo style in bins. They also have bins within our drawers for socks, undies, and PJs. Every night, they have to put on PJs and pick out clothes for the next day. Makes morning so much easier
i feel the same about luke perry. for some reason it just seems to hit home and make me sad ? and am excited over baby sitters club but remember when they had it on tv and it was sorta not good ? i hope its way better.
I too am SOOO excited about the Babysitters Club and totally agree with you re Sweet Valley! Hands down my fave book series as a teenager and 90210 was the first show i ‘binge’ watched as my mother too didn’t let me watch it! Oh the 90s!
4 & 6, all the YES. 90210 was my first real drama tv obsession as well, and man alive did i love that show and dylan, so i’m super upset about this news, too. just so very sad! and wanted to fly home and find my dylan (and brenda and brandon) dolls from the basement along w/ my sleeping bag. and the BSC reboot… dying over it! also want to get those out of the basement storage and start reading them all again. so stoked for this.