1. I’m over the moon because this weekend Lacy got engaged and it was so fun, perfect and amazing. Lots of you have asked about Lacy and while I’ve talked about her on the blog forever, in case you missed it, she is my cousin (but basically my sister) and she works with me here on blog. I am so insanely excited for her.
2. Strawberry season is just the best season. I seriously forget HOW GOOD strawberries taste when they are in season. Unbeatable. And ridiculously sweet. I will buy them by the bucket load until they are gone.
3. So very into these baked oatmeal cups! Yes to snacks.
4. TV things! I haven’t rambled about TV in a week or two. Very curious about the ending of Billions for next week and I really thought a Wendy/Axe setup was coming, ugh. I can’t wait for Big Little Lies to start even though I didn’t love it last year (I did love the book years ago!) but… Meryl, obviously. I still need something else binge-able.
5. Obsessed. What every successful person knows but never says.
6. Summer fridays is starting back up this week! And I’m going on a super fun trip on Sunday that I can’t even WAIT for. I’ve been there before but I talk about wanting to go back all the time.
7. Love this so much on how Elizabeth Gilbert gets it done.
8. Tell me all about making a kid’s chore chart! Do you use stickers? Dry erase? Just hope and pray?
17 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Are you heading to Nantucket?!?!
Strawberry yogurt, make it. Just blend them both and add sugar to taste, and you will thank me for ages. It will be then in your blogs of Wednesday things, maybe?
Have you watched Imposters on Netflix? My husband and I really liked it! Two 10 episode seasons so very binge-able.
Have you ever watched America’s got talent? That just started last week. It gives you all the emotions! Most Importantly it makes you laugh till you can’t breathe …which is the best 💙
We have been doing a bead chart with my daughter since she was about 3. I have a pipe cleaner on the fridge and she collects those little jewelry beads on it as she earns them. Her chart is filled with age appropriate “chores.” At the beginning, most of them were things we were trying to encourage independence on like getting dressed or putting her clothes in the hamper. I then created a “bead store” where she cashs in beads for things [a trip to the library, visit the ice cream shop, get an extra tv show during the day]. We’ve evolved the chores over the years as she’s aged and switched up what’s in the bead store, but it’s been a good way to introduce chores and also the value of things. I totally stole this idea from another blogger I follow who I think is totally brilliant in inventing this. I ended up making a word chart to hang on the fridge, which I’d be more than happy to send you.
We use the Melissa and Doug magnetic chore chart and LOVE it! The magnets make it so easy and there are lots of chores to choose from that vary enough to cover kids at different ages (and even come with a few blank ones that you can fill out yourself).
You need a chore chart from Blue Wink Designs! https://www.etsy.com/listing/539368164/kids-chore-chart-magnetic-chore-chart
This is so cool! Wish they had this when my kids were little!
Congratulation to Lacy and her fiance. I am with you, I love strawberry season. The smell of them alone is just amazing. A candle just doesn’t do them justice. Can’t wait to hear how your summer is starting and where the getaway is, maybe Martha’s Vineyard?
My kids are 7 and 10. Since they were little, they’ve had a morning check list. I used pictures before they could read. I include basic things like teeth brushing and making their bed. As they’re bigger, we added unload dishwasher or put away your clean laundry. I update the lists as we need them or I’ll verbally ask. We haven’t paid them or rewarded them for jobs because we all live here and we need to do things to make the house work. We praise them and thank them. I do pay them now for bigger jobs, like weeding or helping clean out the garage.
I love strawberry season. Tomorrow starts my farm share and I know he’ll have berries!!!
Yay for Lacy! That’s so fun/exciting! <3
1. Congrats to Lacy and her sweet pea! So exciting!
2. Are you coming back to Maine!??!?!
3. Strawberry season in Maine won’t happen until closer to July 4th. Can’t wait.
4. I love This American Life!! I listen to it frequently on my runs via a podcast.
I make personalized chore charts that I think you’d love!
Check them out at http://www.bluewinkdesigns.etsy.com.
Do you watch the Bold Type?? Highly recommend.
We had a chore chart when I was growing up and it was just a piece of paper with the day at the top, the chore in the left and the names in the blocks. I’m the oldest of five. Our chores were dishwasher, pick up the addition, vacuum, laundry, and one more I can’t remember. We each had a chore every single day.
Oops! I meant to say it was just the simplest chart ever on a piece of computer paper written with pencil and a ruler. No stickers, no nothing.
I’ve been a reader since the beginning, and a lover of your relationship with Lacy! But I didn’t know she worked on the blog–so cool! What is her role? Big congrats on her engagement :)
Killing Eve! It’s pretty damn binge-worthy!