1. We’re in Nantucket for my mom’s birthday and it’s the first trip I’ve taken away from my kids that is non-work related. I can’t believe I had the guts to do it and I obvi miss them like crazy but lying in a huge hotel bed feels the most luxurious that it ever has in my LIFE.
2. I desperately need this watermelon lavender frosé in my life.
3. Remember when I went from hating coffee to loving coffee? I’ve been sick with the sinus infection from hell all week (it’s still going!) and ended up not having coffee because I had no appetite. The coffee above was vanilla iced and it was TOO SWEET. What is happening to me? I also can no longer have something sweet (like a snack) with any kind of sweet coffee. I need PLAIN coffee if I have something sweet. My palate may be maturing. Woohoo.
4. Emilia and Max are so obsessed with each other at this stage that I can’t even take it. He HAS to give her a huge hug and kiss the moment she wakes up, before she eats (you know, preschoolers have their “rules”) and anytime he gets worked up or mad, she runs over and hugs him and he ends up laughing. They run and chase each other in circles all day. It’s seriously so funny and amazing and I love this 3 year age gap.
5. LOVE this. Let’s here it for the average child. I wish I could have read this in high school.
6. TV Things!! Who watched the premier of Big Little Lies? And the finale of Billions? Also, should I start watching Fleabag? I’m not sure if I can get into a show with a name as such. Ha!
7. I actually love this article on supporting instead of shifting conversation. I definitely struggle with this sometimes even if it’s unintentional.
8. Guys. Who is following Britney Spears’ IG stories? I need to know.
15 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I AM FOLLOWING BRITNEY’S IG STORIES!! What is happening??? Let us discuss!!!!!
#8 LOL YES and I am legitimately concerned. And yes, you should definitely be watching Fleabag.
Nantucket is one of my very favorite places. Just enjoy and remember, your children are in great hands and time away for mom & dad is so important for parents and children. Do not feel guilt…your better parents for taking some time away.
Have a great holiday.
Oh my goodness, Oh, how I have always so desperately wanted to visit Nantucket! It sounds like such a beautiful place and I’m always reading about it in both Elin Hilderbrand and Nancy Thayer’s novels! Please take and post as many photos as you can, I’d LOVE to see it.
I totally do the ‘shift’ probably 70% of the time. SIGH. not because i’m a terrible person .. i just struggle to not get overexcited and share that ‘me, too’ moment. I also interrupt people because? same. I’ve been working on it.
i am LOVING your Nantucket photos! so glad you’re getting to have a bed to yourself- doubly so if you’ve been fighting sinus infection and needing some rest
Billions was amazing.
as for siblings, … your kids are just extra sweet and loving. I have a brother that is almost exactly a 3 year gap. i can assure you at no point during our childhood was i running over and giving him hugs. LOL although we did play lots of games together and ran around outside and got along in a general way? nope. ‘mom, he’s bugging me!’
You HAVE to watch “Always Be My Maybe” on Netflix. SUCH a cute film!
Yes to Big Little Lies! Welcome Meryl. I love her subtle, passive-aggressive, low confidence character–you can see that beotch is going to cause a lot of trouble.
Yes watch fleabag! I started Sunday and am almost shameful that I’ve nearly finished two seasons.
Yes I am following Britney’s IG stories and it is breaking my heart. I feel like I am watching a pre-teen in an adult body.
Definitely yes to Fleabag. It can be a little dark but stick with it!
100% on the sweets with plain coffee. One of life’s simple pleasures is a cup of coffee (or an americano!) with a cookie or dark chocolate or truffle!
please watch fleabag!
Ahhh, I have a friend and a mother who are both complete “shift responders,” lol. Sometimes talking to them is like that SNL “Penelope” Thanksgiving skit with Kristen Wiig and Anne Hathaway, where Wiig’s character is trying to one-up Hathaway’s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4maUKzCRCk). So, YES, this is a good article to share with people! I think everyone’s guilty of “shifting” instead of “supporting” at times, even though we all mean well, so it’s great to be made of aware of it so we can all try to be more supportive of each other. Or, y’know, just not conversational narcissists, lol.
Will you share where you stayed on Nantucket?? Looks amazing and totally want to plan a trip!
Fleabag is so good! I finished two seasons in 2 days, lol