1. Guys! I slept on my neck wrong and now I can’t turn my head without turning my entire body. Feel like I’m 89 years old. HALP ME. Need a fix ASAP.
2. My two loves combined: cookies and cream ice cream with peanut butter. OMG.
3. Yesterday Lacy and I found a wood shard in a container of breadcrumbs! Thank goodness we found it before using any of the crumbs. Now I feel like I can only make my own.
4. Does anyone else have a spouse/partner/roommate that does everything in the dark?! I mean, like cooking, reading, watching TV, cleaning – Eddie does everything in the dark or very dim light and it makes me crazy. And then I feel SO old because I can’t see, and I’m, like, 97% sure that my mom used to say this about us when we were kids.
5. I brought home some shells from Nantucket for Max… and let’s just say it’s been a long time since I’ve brought seashells home from the beach. The shells were stacked and even though I “washed” them off in our room, I ended up bringing home shells that still had clams in them. Yes. I realized this when I got home. Luggage smelled great.
6. Whyyyy does writing suck? I get it.
7. Can’t believe that last week I forgot to talk about the finale of Billions – um, am I finally getting what I want?! So excited! What do you guys think of Big Little Lies after this week? I love to hate Meryl’s character.
8. Why you should clean your bathroom when you’re spinning out.
9. I love the new Taylor Swift song – it is so good and so catchy. But who really loves it is Max. He has asked me to play it about a hundred times already and he LOVES the video. It’s so cute. Emilia also gets super excited the minute it comes on!
19 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I keep all our house lights turned up all the way whenever I’m home. My husband will dim everything. Drives me bonkers! I’ve also lived in a dark house in the past. It had few windows and very poor interior lighting. Ever since then I refuse to live in the darkness!! It’s so depressing!
One of my favorite dairy queen blizzards is oreo with peanut butter sauce, so good.
JP Licks in the Boston area makes a peanut butter cookies and cream flavor and it’s my FAVORITE. So, so good.
Oh my gosh…sea shells with the clams still in them…how does that happen???
If a shell on the beach has both a top and bottom, chances are there is still something inside,lol!
Usually, clams are beneath the surface of the sand and one has to dig for them. How odd they were just lying on the sand.
You are too funny and clearly need a refresher lesson on sea shell collection!
Is it a Cherry donut?? Cherry is my husband’s favorite and they are impossible to find.
My mom keeps her lights off and blinds shut and it makes be go mad. We get headaches at her house because it’s so dark. At our house and window blinds or curtains are always open and lights on full power everywhere. Thankfully my husband is the same way.
My parents keep the blinds shut ALL the time, and rarely turn on lights. And they have glorious windows that could let the sun stream in all day!! I don’t get it. As a result of growing up in that house, I crave sunlight and light in general in my own house as much as possible. I can’t live like a mole person!
And, I have to say, I LOVE writing. It keeps me going, and I wish I could spend all day, every day writing, even on the days I’m not writing my greatest. Sure, it can get frustrating when something is not coming out the way you want it to — but, eventually, it will, if you keep at it. And, when it does?? That writer’s high is better than anything else in the world. :-)
Omg my 4yo loves Taylor Swift. My husband and I have been singing the song for two days. “I was like dammmmnnnn it’s 7 am…..” it gets stuck in my head. She begs to listen to her every time we get in the car.
Ohhh, it’s me. I’m the partner that does everything in the dark! I adore natural lighting and really only use the actual lights at night when I have to. My fiancé will come into our office in the morning and be appalled that I’m working with the lights off 🙈 it just feels cozier to me!
I recently had an ice cream flavor called Parent Trap which was cookies and cream with peanut butter a la the Lindsay Lohan version! So, so good.
i swear, the living in darkness thing is a guy thing! so many men i know are perfectly content to live in cave-like conditions. i just cannot!
My mom always opened the blinds every morning & I do the same thing. Light is important & after teaching all of these years, it is important for kids, too. The use of smartboards had us dim our classrooms so they could read the board. Then they would have people with meters measure the amount of light in our rooms with all of the lights & blinds open. It would register fine, but with all of the dim light during lessons, I never felt comfortable. In addition, as my mom got older & I dealt with her aging eyes, light was crucial. A lady from an agency measured the light in various places in her home & she needed a lot more lighting and higher powered lamps. So, don’t get me started about the trend in dimming rooms, etc. I’m with you on this one, Jessica!!
I need light, lots and lots of light.
My house is never cleaner than when something is bothering me-cathartic.
My husband screeches like a vampire when he enters the living room, every available curtain and blind is open when sunshine is out for me! I have a backyard with puppies to look at as a bonus.
Oh my gosh I just watched the finale of Billions and was screaming at Wendy and Axe! Is it going to happen!?? I can’t wait 9 months to find out!
I have tons of neck issues, so I feel your pain on this one. Get a massage if you can for immediate relief. I also find that a steam room at the gym helps to loosen things up. For prevention, get a buckwheat pillow.
I’m super light sensitive and prefer natural light, blinds open, etc until the last possible moment of the day. My bf turns on every light possible during the day. And don’t get me started on fluorescent lights at the office. There are two people who want them on in our group and it’s so annoying because we have wall to wall windows.
Happily married, but if i were ever to need to place a dating ad for myself, the title would be “seeking a straight man that likes to open the blinds when he wakes.” I really think it says a lot about a person.
I’m loving Big Little Lies. And Meryl’s character is horrible. The things that come out of her mouth. And of course her son was Prince Charming.
My husband is the EXACT same way! He’s taught our 5 year old how to refer to the kitchen light as “iris burners”. So when my husband asks him to turn the iris burners off, he knows exactly what to do. smh. I have to have light…either blinds open or at least ONE light on.
My husband jokes that I light a room like a surgical theatre. I joke that he would prefer to live in a cave like a bat. When we bought our house the office was the only room I knew immediately had to be renovated because it was painted in a dark chocolate brown and had one anemic builder grade light in the vaulted ceiling.
My husband walked in and was like “I’m home, this is amazing”. Weirdo. For the record, I took over an upstairs bedroom and put high wattage OLEDs in my lights and have white furniture. It is like being in a warm, happy orb of sunshine, and I love it.