1. My brain had a meltdown as I was buying corn this past weekend at our local farm. For some reason, I thought a dozen was seven ears, even though I proceeded to put 13 (their real dozen, they give you an extra ear!) in the bag. I’m photographing a ton of recipes for the book this week and *thought* I needed two dozen… so I got 26 ears… but in my head I kept thinking it was 14 ears. Somehow this didn’t compute in my brain – 26 ears (!!!!!) – until Eddie was shucking it all for me. OMG. It’s so much corn. The good news is that it’s DELICIOUS. And I can freeze it and we will have corn forever and ever.
2. Like I mentioned above, I’m shooting a bunch of book recipes this week and I am freaking out because the recipes are so.darn.good. I didn’t think I could love a book more than The Pretty Dish. This one might beat it!
3. Laughing so hard at the reactions for this pizzadilla thing. It’s crazy. Watch the video! It just goes on and on and gets worse and worse.
4. We took the kids to the baseball game last minute on Saturday night (which, let’s be real, mostly is worth it for the view + the food) and it was difficult – past their bedtime, Emilia refused to sit and wanted to go up the steep steps “all by herself!,” there wasn’t much Max wanted other than ice cream… and then around the 7th inning we saw a grand slam! It turned the night around and was so fun, fireworks and all. It was so exciting and Max absolutely loved it.
5. TV Things! I totally forgot that The Affair started Sunday night! I thought it was okay, minus all the Joanie/robot future stuff. Yellowstone last week was amazing and terrifying. Southern Charm finale was more fun than the season episodes. And who else finished Mindhunter?!
6. Yesterday I found this on Tracy’s blog and it could not have come at a more perfect time for me: how to not feel lonely. For some reason, yesterday I had major lonely feelings that felt like they came out of no where.
7. I can’t get enough of the new Taylor Swift album – I LOVE it. Like, 1989-love it. I never thought I’d love another album as much as 1989 and this one is knocking it out of the park for me.
8. Speaking of, her outfit at the VMAs last night was unreal! Also, Lizzo! And Missy Elliot’s performance… dying.
9. I will never apologize for my flavored coffee. Nope.
9 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
6.) SAME HERE!!! So weird… thanks for the article link to combat it.
If I don’t shuck another ear of corn this year, I’ll be OK.
I am a flavored coffee drinker and I am not ashamed even though my husband tries to shame me. I will not take his shame. I took my kids to a Hillsboro Hops game and they weren’t to interested in the baseball either. They wanted food and to play in a bouncy house they set up all the way in the back of the baseball diamond.
Amanda you must live in Portland! me, too! and yes.. taking little kids to sports? we all just know ..they aren’t interested in the actual game at all. *I have a teen now and guess what? it’s amazing how interested she got when she watched the players walk in AHEM. nope nope nope.. #denialThatShesLookingAtBoys
Ok. Tell me about freezing the corn! How do I do it?!? What a dream to have delicious summer corn stocked up for the cold, awful winter!
Glad the baseball game was a good time.. The grandslam must’ve been amazing to see. We have been having gorgeous weather here. The air this morning even had that back to school smell to it. Totally agree with #9, everytime I order my venti ice coffee with white mocha, I somehow feel like I shouldn’t still be adding it, but I can’t stop, it’s just so good.
I’m super into Taylor’s new album with the songs Lover & Paper Rings (ok, Paper Clips) being my faves. Also Death by a Thousand Cuts. Plus It’s Nice To Have A Friend (reminds me of Big Little Lies). And I loved her VMA performance.
And Yes to Lizzo & Missy!! So much fun! I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss this Lizzo follow-up story:
Dying right now. My boyfriend showed me a part of the pizzadilla thingy video and says to me “We should make this! it would be time intensive but looks sooo good.” And now after watching the whole thing I can’t stop laughing.
Episode 9 of Yellowstone was definitely edge of your seat. We just watched the Season 2 finale last night. Way intense but not in ways I would have expected for a good part of it. At first we weren’t sure if it was a letdown or not but after a little bit we realized it was really good just in ways that were a lot more subtle than we’ve grown accustomed to. Can’t wait for Season 3!