The St. Nick Special.
The saint nick special cocktail is here just in time for tonight.
Or, the rest of the season. While you wrap presents. Watch holiday movies. Sit in the dark by your glowy Christmas tree.
Sounds like we’re in a Hallmark movie right now! I’m into it.
But really, check your shoes in the morning for some chocolate gold coins!
As a kid, I often forgot about Saint Nicholas Day, until I woke up that morning and found gold chocolate coins in my shoe. My dad has always remembered! And then once I got to school that morning, we talked about it or learned about it. But nevertheless, I’d forget every Dec 5th. Not even think about it.
Now that I’m an adult and actually remember it, it’s one of my favorite days to think back on.
And it’s a tradition we started with Max. One he enjoyed last year, but if I’m being honest, I can’t wait for tomorrow morning to see his face. He will be so excited.
So if you’re ready, I’m ready! And I made us the saint nick special to get us ready.
P.S. you can find the santa mugs here. They are my favorite thing to break out right after Halloween!
I mean, I would never pass up a glass like this if it was handed to me.
We’ve been loving the saint nick special for a few weeks, if only because I am a Bailey’s freak. Remember the time I made homemade Baileys? If you get on that right now, it will be perfect just in time to wrap gifts in a few days.
This is like a grown up santa latte.
We have homemade hot fudge. Freshly brewed coffee. A drop of whiskey. And a pour of Irish cream.
Lots of fresh whipped cream on top. Crushed peppermints if you wish. Shaved chocolate. A big old marshmallow!
DOESN’T THAT SOUND LIKE HEAVEN?!? Yes. Say yes.
It’s wonderful served hot, especially at night with decaf. But if you love iced coffee like I do, you can also pour this all over ice. And maybe skip the hot fudge or just do a light rim of hot fudge since it’s icy and cold.
It’s fun. It’s festive. And I love that it’s super cute. Makes me so happy. Please join!
The Saint Nick Special
Saint Nick Special Cocktail
- 6 ounces freshly brewed hot coffee
- ½ ounce whiskey
- 1 to 2 ounces Irish Cream liqueur
- whipped cream for serving
- crushed peppermints for serving
- marshmallows for serving
- flaked salt, for sprinkling
homemade hot fudge
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup high-quality dark chocolate, I like 70%, chopped (or chocolate chips!)
- Stir together the hot coffee, whiskey, irish cream and a drop of hot fudge in mug until the hot fudge starts to melt. Rim the mug with more hot fudge. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows and crushed peppermints. Sprinkle on some flaked salt. Enjoy!
- To make this cold, stir together cold brew or cold coffee with the whiskey and irish cream. Pour over ice. Rim the glass with hot fudge, top with the whipped cream. Go to town!
homemade hot fudge
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture comes to a boil. Let it boil and bubble for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring the entire time.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened, set the pan aside and let it cool completely and thicken. If making right before you serve, you can use it while still warm. If reheating this, it heats great in the microwave in 10 second incredibles. The fudge sauce will stay great in the fridge for a few weeks!
Should probably just leave this out instead of cookies and milk!