1. Of course, during a pandemic is the first year that our whole foods would carry watermelon radish. It’s too pretty to eat.
2. Majorly craving these whole meyer lemon meringue bars.
3. I’ve never wanted to live by water as bad as I do right now! I also really wish that we had a pool, as I peer into the summer with the thoughts of limited social interaction. What’s one thing you wished you had/had access to right now?!
4. How to destress when you work from home.
5. Emilia loves to sing and basically sings all day long. Before bed, she likes to pick out animals or objects and we make up songs about them. Well, last night she was picking things like “humidifier” and “ponytails.” I basically think she is the funniest person on the planet!
6. TV things!! Okay I have no idea how I forgot to mention Billions last week! Gosh I love the Axe/Chuck dynamic. Still definitely pulling for an Axe/Wendy romance too. And I watched Normal People too! I found it a little slow and kind of hard to hear (like I kept turning the volume way up) but all in all I really liked it a lot. Also we’re still loving The Last Dance.
7. By the way, does watched The Last Dance bring back memories of wearing a Starter jacket in elementary school? Hellllo 90s. I wore the Charlotte Hornets one because it was teal and purple and even then my world revolved around bright colors.
8. Totally get this: why time feels so weird right now.
9. I finished Big Summer this past weekend and it was SO good. I didn’t read the jacket before I started and it was so much different than I thought it would be. But really good. Follow the book club here!
9 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Are you watching Defending Jacob on Apple TV? So good! Maybe you read the book (I did not …oops)
It’s not quite the same as living near water, but we have an inflatable hot tub that’s an amazing escape right now. They are pretty inexpensive and easy to maintain!
need to catch up Billions. I love Axel and Wendy ;) Normal people too…. also find it a bit slow and my racing mind can’t follow.
Get an inflatable pool on Amazon!! We found one for $23 by Intex brand, and it’s fabulous. I have never wanted a pool, even living in FL (don’t want to deal with maintenance and beach is accessible), but in quarantine, it has been the best thing ever. Fills up in 10 minutes, and easily fits 2 adults. Since it’s inflatable, it’s super comfy to lounge in. Your kids would have a ball.
Watch Normal People with subtitles. Trust. It will help so much! It’s super hard to understand without them. I had a fling with an Irish boy named Connor (!!!) in my early 30’s and it’s hard for me to understand too! Buckle up, strangerfriend! It gets gooooood! 🧡
We are majorly missing the playgrounds, but my husband has now successfully procured (via craigslist & Facebook marketplace) us a sandbox and Little Tykes castle with slide to entertain our 2.5 year old.
I also have a 3 month old who juuuust started sleeping through the night so I am excited to get on some beach quality reads despite definitely not going to the beach this summer.
Your posts (which I get via email every morning) are a bright spot to wake up to— thank you!
Starter jackets! Yes! We’re watching The Last Dance too and I was thinking about how I used to have a Denver Nuggets Starter jacket in fifth grade even though to this day, I don’t follow or really enjoy basketball at all.
lol i am loving the last dance !!! esp. the music.
I agree with Lindsay. I watch all British shows with subtitles on now. Don’t want to miss a thing!