Apple Cider Funnel Cakes with Cinnamon Sugar.
I mean, just when you thought that apple cider donuts were the best fall treat… we have to go and do apple cider funnel cakes.
Seriously. Apple cider funnel cakes!
Oh my gosh.
Okay, so last year I shared the salted apple fritters. They are insane in the best way possible. And while I absolutely loathe frying anything these days, and very rarely do, when I made the apple fritters for instagram stories, I decided to make funnel cakes too!
This is a great way to repurpose some of that oil with the same flavor idea before tossing it. We’re home. These are fun. Everyone loves them.
Also! Let me tell you my funnel cake hack. If you loathe frying like I do and the last thing you want to do is fill a pot with oil and then heat it to excruciating temps… here’s the secret.
Make mini funnel cakes.
YES. Mini funnel cakes.
If you do it this way, you can use a skillet and just an inch or so of oil instead of an entire pot. Then you have a few little funnel cakes to go around (heck, just take them to your neighbor if you have extras) and not as big of a mess.
Most of our favorite fall festivals this year are completely canceled. It is such a bummer, and if you follow along on crumbs, then you know that starting in September we basically do a new pumpkin patch every weekend. Fall festival time is easily our favorite as a family, and that includes the apple cider treats that come with it.
I love apple cider waaaaay more than I love pumpkin. The spices and fresh apple flavor easily beat out the big orange squash. So I will make as many things apple cider-flavored as I can. Woohoo!
And you all get to benefit too.
The funnel cakes are super easy. I use one of these bottles to swirl the batter, but you can use an actual funnel too. These are warm and fluffy and sprinkled with cinnamon powdered sugar that takes it right over the top. SO comforting and fall like. They are obviously an indulgent treat, and I don’t think you’re going to make apple cider funnel cakes more than once this season, so I say ENJOY IT. Live it up.
Apple Cider Funnel Cakes
Apple Cider Funnel Cakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (cow, nondairy, etc)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Batter squeeze bottle
- Heat a large pot or cast iron skillet fitted with a candy thermometer with a few inches of oil for frying the funnel cakes. You want the oil temp to be 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple cider and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. The mixture will be similar to pancake batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and cinnamon. This is for sprinkling on once the funnel cake is done.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, fill the bottle with the batter. Or take about ½ to ⅔ cup batter and scoop it into the funnel. Squeeze or drizzle the batter into the oil, in a circular motion. It will sink for a second but pop back up and begin to come together. Fry for 2 minutes, then flip and fry for 1 to 2 minutes more until golden brown. Remove with a pair of kitchen tongs and place on a paper towel to drain excess grease. Sprinkle on the powdered sugar! Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately (or shortly after making) for best funnel cake eating experience.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
See, this is how we make our own fall festival.
5 Comments on “Apple Cider Funnel Cakes with Cinnamon Sugar.”
Pingback: Apple Cider Funnel Cakes with Cinnamon Sugar. - Apple News
Pingback: Apple Cider Funnel Cakes Recipe with Cinnamon Sugar – recipequicks
Pingback: Apple Cider Funnel Cakes Recipe with Cinnamon Sugar – TheDirtyGyro
Pingback: Gâteaux entonnoirs au cidre de pomme avec recette de sucre à la cannelle – freek News
Such A Great Blog. Thank U For Sharing Useful Information About funnel-cake-recipe-pancake-mix
This Article Really Amazing And So Much Helpful For Me. Keep It Up. Thanks.