Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs.
These pork meatballs are sponsored by the National Pork Board!
We are living for these coconut curry pork meatballs!
This sauce… oh my gosh – this sauce. The juicy meatballs. Everything served over fragrant jasmine rice. It’s absolutely perfect and a wonderful weeknight meal to introduce some flavor into your kitchen!
Yes oh yes oh yes.
These flavors are some of my favorite to transport me out of the kitchen. It’s no secret that I love a coconut curry sauce – this thick and creamy, flavorful spiced broth for the meatballs is out of this world. I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t also drag fresh, fluffy sourdough bread through the sauce.
But that’s neither here nor there.
Um, I don’t think it’s any secret that I loooove pork. Pretty sure the base of this blog was built on pork, right? Those were the days.
Growing up, my mom made pork chops practically once a week. They were one of my favorite meals that she made (I shared them here!) and it was easily the best dinner of the week. Since then, pork has always been a staple for us. Did you know that pork is the number one consumed protein globally? I had no idea, but I’m very excited to be in on that trend. We all know I’m often late to the game.
This time, I’m early! And since it’s the number one protein, it really allows you to explore different flavors and cultures when it comes to cooking!
I love that there are so many different cuts of pork and even more so – a variety of ways to prepare pork. It’s basically an experience that brings people together in the kitchen. Pork is so versatile too. I’ve used an array of flavors here on the blog in my past pork recipes, but adding in a coconut curry twist may be my favorite one yet. Yessss, I know, it just seems that EVERYTHING is my favorite (but really, it is).
These are no different.
The meatballs are flavored with garlic and ginger and green onions. The sauce is made with red curry paste and canned coconut milk, plus a heavy-handed squeeze of lime. It’s seriously the perfect combination.
Meatballs have definitely been a thing for us this year – I’ve shared a ton on the blog and you have loved them too. They are just so easy, feed many, and you can have fab leftovers. You can also use the meatballs in different ways – like sandwiches or over rice or pasta. Really, the options are endless.
So hello, dinner tonight!
Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs
Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs
- Place the pork in a large bowl. Add in the egg, breadcrumbs, cilantro, onions, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined - do not overmix!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches! Brown the meatballs on all sides, cooking about 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel. Pour out any grease in the skillet except for 1 tablespoon.
- With the skillet over medium-low heat, stir in the shallot and garlic with a pinch of pepper. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper. Stir in the curry paste and let it cook for for 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and stir. Add in the lime juice.
- Place the meatballs back in the skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. You want the internal temperature of the pork to read 160 degrees before serving.
- Sprinkle the green onions and cilantro on top. Serve over jasmine rice.