1. The importance of book stores right now. They’ve always felt magical to me.
2. My morning pages routine really flew out the window with the pandemic. But I just did some night pages and might actually like that idea better. It’s almost like therapy!
3. Living for apple season right now.
4. How incredible are these babka style scones?!
5. Five daily goals to stay sane. I really like these. And five seems so manageable.
6. TV Things!! Well… there’s not much new TV on so along with rewatching The West Wing, I rewatched some True Blood episodes then promptly had a heart attack that it was on over ten years ago. Wowza. What are you binging right now?
7. The uncertainty of what you should be working on right now. I LOVE this. It’s actually from February, practically pre-pandemic (almost) but is so so pertinent to right now. I’ve been feeling super overwhelmed and this helps a lot.
8. This week is the last summer fridays post for the year! Speaking of, fall recipes are coming in hot. Man are they GOOD!
9. Who else is decorating for fall this weekend?! Do you “decorate” for seasons or holidays? I never got 100% into it until I had kids, and now I’m an unofficial crazy person. Wahoo.
14 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
We just started watching Schitts Creek, and on one hand I can’t believe I didn’t start sooner, but on the other hand, it’s kind of just what I need during this bluesy time.
We just restarted Billions. It is exactly what we need right now.
Also I bought fall candles because I couldn’t wait but I still hope you are doing a post on the best fall candles!
We started watching Barry on HBO. It’s good! Weirdly, I like the premise. ha!
We’ve been watching Cobra Kai. I like it way more than I wanted to.
We decorated for Fall last week. My daughter wants to pull out Halloween too, but I held fast, and that’s not happening until October 1! I’ve always been into seasonal decorating, but it is so much more fun and meaningful since I became a Mom. And I am definitely a crazy person. Over 1,000 square feet of our basement just holds tubs and tubs and tubs of decorations. Christmas is biggest, but Fall/ Halloween/ Thanksgiving is a close second!
I started burning Fall candles a few weeks ago and I don’t regret it one bit. I’ve also been bingeing Big Bang Theory (great background show) and Golden Girls.
Loved Schitts Creek. The first two episodes I wasn’t so sure but we fell in love. Adore Better things and Anne with an E. Oh and Queen of the South.
Schitts Creek got me through the early pandemic time and I have watched it twice all the way through. Would watch it again! Loving Queen Sugar on Hulu right now. Not funny but so well done.
Thanks for mentioning night pages – I tried the morning pages and it always felt crammed into an already busy morning. I am going to try night pages and see if a brain dump before bedtime will help me sleep better!
I’ve started watching Offspring on Netflix. I think there are 5 seasons. It takes place in Australia and its everyday life of a young doctor and her wacky family. Check it out!
We started watching Cobra Kai. I love the nostalgia of it!
We have watched all of the episodes that have been released so far of Ted Lasso and I can’t recommend the show enough! It is a very feel good show with some great characters.
So funny, I just was planning on re-starting morning pages again! I love the night plan for those mornings I’m just not into it!!
Also…”Fall/Holiday Fridays” would be so fun! I love reading the summer ones…and summer isn’t my favorite season;)
The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime!! It’s amazing! You need to keep an open mind with it but it’s absolutely addicting!