1. I find that I’ve resorted to looking forward to mini holidays (valentine’s day! st patricks day!) to get through our gray dreary winter. January 12 and here I am ready for spring!
2. These bean and cheese burritos look so absolutely perfect!
3. For the last two months, every night before bed, we belt out jingle bells while the kids have a dance party. We usually sing it 11 or 12 times. I’m trying to figure out how long we can keep this song going into the new year!
4. Things to stop (and start!) doing in 2021.
5. TV things! I watched This Is Us last week and maybe I’m just desperate for some good TV, but I thought it was pretty good – just wish it would move quicker! I’m also kind of watching The Bachelor (background watching, haha) since it was filmed locally.
6. Speaking of, thoughts on the SATC reboot? I mean, I am the biggest SATC fan of life, I could watch it all day and night. But I just have a hard time believing it will be good! I got everything I needed with the movies so… thoughts?
7. This new year is a beautiful fresh start.
8. Late at night I look at dreamy, wild real estate for places I’d love to live. Where is your go-to spot?
9. This weekend I read the wife upstairs in about a day – it was so good and I was hooked! What are you reading?
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I think the mini holidays are the winters silver lining. I’m betting you could sing it through at least January :-) Have you watched Zoey’s Extraordinary playlist? I think its a Musical Drama,. and I love the concept of the show. Season 2 just started.
The idea of mini-holidays sounds freeing. There’s so much less hassle and work involved that you can actually enjoy the simplicity of the day or event. While I do love to have a houseful for the holidays, I also look forward to do-not-much kind of days when I can accomplish things that have been on my to-do list for like forever! There are no time constraints so I can actually enjoy the tasks – again, very freeing. There are so many things to be said for crossing things off a list. Have a great week.
The Wife Upstairs was so good- but pretty much any “wife” book gets me hooked
Currently I’m reading Beauty in Breaking and vowed to read more essays/memoirs in 2021 as well as intentionally seek out books written and about BIPOCs
I just read The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd, a work of fiction about the wife of Jesus. So good.
I can’t wait to read The Wife Upstairs! Unfortunately, I have a couple potty training books I need to read next before anything fun. Yikes!
The Wife Upstairs is next on my list! Right now I’m reading The Girl with the Louding Voice.
I have no idea if the SATC reboot will be any good…but I will definitely watch it regardless haha.
SATC .. no. I don’t think it will be good. I loved loved loved the original and even the first movie was ok. The second movie was a stretch and doing it now ? just. No.
i’m with you on SATC. For me…i would rather not see anything if the whole cast is not in it. Samantha made the show work for me. im sure its on some streaming service i dont have and i wont be paying extra for it personally. Thats a show that oddly i felt i got good closure on when it ended + the movies.
SATC-I am on the fence because the 2nd movie just could not compare to the first, but still once I hear that theme song, I am hooked. I agree with Courtney, you need to watch Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist…it’s amazing and gives you all the feels!
I’m not really excited about SATC. The second movie was such a disappointment. Pretty sure I’ve only watched it once. I’m making my husband watch old bravo seasons currently. Definitely needing some very light television these days. Same with books. I have a couple I purchased from the local used book store – more mystery/drama type, but I’m thinking I need something lighter as well.
Currently reading The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley. I’ve also read The Guest List, which is also by Foley and was very good.
“American Dirt” is a terrific book! I highly recommend!! I couldn’t put it down and it stays with you after finishing….. heartbreaking in so many ways…..
I look forward to your recipes, pictures! I’m much older than you but enjoy it all!! Happy New Year!!
Watch Emily in Paris on Netflix. Darren Starr wrote(?) it. Current, fun , and great scenery. Really kinda puts SATC in the past.