1. There are some luxuries that I’ve never done but have decided that I miss (as if I’ve done them!), like getting a massage. I think I’ve only got one massage in my life but now I’m convinced that once this situation is behind us, I want to make massages more of a routine thing. See also: missing eyelash extensions like whoa. We should all make a list of all the stuff we say we’re going to do and then see if we actually do it.
2. Um, hello biscoff crumble chocolate bark!
3. Everyday at the same time our automatic garage door opener refuses to work. How weird is that?! The same darn time. What kind of freaky thing is happening here?
4. Hacks to help work life balance.
5. TV things!! Have you watched the Tiger Woods special on HBO? Eddie and I were HOOKED on it. It was so good. I’m also about to start Bling Empire. Have you watched it?
6. I am reeeeeally hoping that the olympics happens this year because I’m dying to watch some gymnastics. Speaking of gymnastics, have you seen Nia Dennis’ routine from this weekend?! It was incredible!
7. I remember hearing somewhere years ago that eating ice cream at night can make you have crazy dreams. Never really put any stock in this but over the weekend I had a few bites of ice cream before bed and dreamt like a complete crazy person. I mean, is this a real thing?
8. How to apply the stateless protocol to life. This is so interesting – not sure I can do it.
9. Only thing I’ve craved this entire pregnancy is grapefruit. Like a crazy person! Currently eating one right now at 11pm…
20 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I craved grapefruit for all of my pregnancies, too! I would squeeze fresh juice, add a splash of fresh lemon juice (somehow I needed it even more sour??) and then would freeze it, then break it up with a fork into a slushie. It’s next level good during pregnancy! I would also mix grapefruit and lime juices with soda water and drink it with a salted rim like a super sour margarita. *chefs kiss*
I just started watching the Bling Empire. It’s good so far. It reminds me of some of the Real Housewives series. Definitely binge worthy!
Have you been following Chellsie Memmel on Instagram? Her gymnastics comeback has been so fun (and inspirational) to watch!
We had that happen with our old garage door opener too, it was something with the sun/shadows making the “eye” think something was in the way. But then the whole thing stopped working and we had to get a new one. Haven’t noticed it since:)
We JUST noticed that about ours, too! When the sun hits it at a certain spot. I didn’t know this was actually a thing, but apparently it has happened to other people!!
That same thing happened to us! It was the angle of the morning sun hitting the “eye” of the garage door. We made a “shade” out of an old binder to help shade the “eye” and it worked!
No ice-cream before bed, no peanut butter, and no popcorn. Otherwise… its a rough sleep! As for Bling Empire – you know I watched it all in 2 days, but is it good? Up for debate.
OMG thank you for linking to the Nia Dennis video – she is amazing!!
Looovvvvve Bling Empire. Finished it last night – I’m sad it’s over hah!
My 2nd pregnancy…… lemonade and starburst fruit chews….always kept a bag in my mini van.
We had the exact same thing happen with our garage! Had the company come out and turns out at that time of day the sun was hitting the eye of the sensor at a funny angle and causing it to not work- basically blinding the eye! They adjusted the sensor for us and it resolved the problem completely!
YES to the Tiger Woods special! Really so interesting – and honestly, makes everything he’s been through understandable. Also YES to Bling Empire! Get ready!! And have you watched Succession? Quite good too, on HBO Max.
Re: your garage door – we used to have this happen and it was because the sunlight was hitting the sensor! I would have to get out of my car to create a shadow and then the door would work! We eventually moved the sensors higher and that seemed to fix the problem.
I am totally starting Bling Empire – hoping its a little like Indian Matchmaker!
Yes go watch Bling Empire! I’m loving it and I’m not usually a reality tv person (other than Yummy Mummies/Love Is Blind 😅)
Same craving grapefruit! My first pregnancy I missed grapefruit season but this time around it’s like the only thing I want!
So when I was young ice cream before bed made me sleep walk (!!!) so I avoided it for years. Now though, I eat Edy’s slow churn almost every night and am fine, so maybe you just have to work up a tolerance to it lol.
I bet the garage door thing is because of how the sunlight hits your automatic sensors! This used to happen to us all the time before we recently moved!
You CAN watch gymnastics now! The NCAA gymnastics season just started and they have Friday Night Heights on ESPN: https://www.secsports.com/article/30470904/espn-coverage-2021-sec-gymnastics
Some former Olympic gymnasts are on the college teams and they are very fun to watch!
Our garage door does the same. My husband figured out it’s because of the way the sunlight hits it at that particular time. The light somehow makes the door think there’s something in the path so it won’t work. My husband override the obstruction warning to make it work. Might be yalls problem too!!