Triple Berry Vanilla Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I live for a festive red, white and blue dessert! This triple berry sheet cake is the perfect red, white and blue cake to kick off the summer! Top with fluffy, dreamy cream cheese frosting and an assortment of berries for the most delicious treat.
This triple berry sheet cake is making me so happy! Summer is almost here.
I’ve mentioned before how I never got into festive foods or even decorations, until I had kids! Now that I have little ones, I want to decorate alllll the things with holiday or seasonal colors and flair.
Especially food! Give me all the red, white and blues.
There’s nothing more summery to kick off this first unofficial weekend – a red, white and blue sheet cake!
My sheet cake love knows no bounds. Yes, I don’t love to bake (or follow the rules) but I love a good sheet cake.
I just love how good and easy a sheet cake is. Especially when it’s blanketed with a fluffy layer of cream cheese frosting!
I mean… look at that.
A few weeks ago, I grabbed a cake for someone’s birthday and it totally inspired this cake. That cake was more almond-based but it was covered in the most delicious fresh fruit. The soft and tender cake combined with the juicy fruit was just SO amazing.
I’m sure it’s because we are on the brink of summer and fruit tastes so good right now, but that cake was on another level.
So I knew I had to create something like it! This is just a simple vanilla-ish sheet cake with a slight hint of almond. I still haven’t lost my obsession with cream cheese frosting, so that’s what goes on top. It makes ALL cakes taste better. It’s creamy and tangy and thick and delicious.
Then, add all the berries! Our local strawberries are just starting to come in right now – so juicy and sweet that they taste like actual candy.
The fresh berries combined with the sweet frosting and fluffy cake…
oh my gosh.
I can’t even handle the combo!
If you love that classic glazed fruit that shows up on sugar cookie fruit pizza from the 90s, I also suggest doing a little drizzle of honey on the fruit. It doesn’t need the sweetness, but it does make the fruit extra tasty.
The cake isn’t overly sweet. The cream cheese frosting makes up for it and brings a rich and indulgent flavor. Then the fresh berries add all the summer feels. YES.
It’s a fun festive little dessert that you can make all season long!
Triple Berry Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Triple Berry Vanilla Sheet Cake
cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- fresh mint, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking sheet or dish with nonstick baking spray - the kind with flour in it.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together the sugar and oil until combined. Beat in the whole eggs and egg whites. Beat in the vanilla extract and almond extract. Beat in the yogurt. Add in half of the dry ingredients, then beat in the milk. Finish by beating in the remaining dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Bake for 25 to 32 minutes, or until the center is set and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before frosting and topping with the berries.
cream cheese frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Beat in the sugar until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract. Frost the cooled cake! I like to keep the cake in the fridge because of the cream cheese frosting, plus we love cold cake! Top with the assorted berries and fresh mint to serve.
The fruit totally makes it breakfast, right…