1. 2022 is starting off soooo slowly for me, like I am having such a hard time getting into the new year this time around. Anyone else?
2. I really want to make this any season dragon sauce. Sounds delicious.
3. Feels like the right time in the new year to ask what your current favorite podcasts are! I always get so many good recommendations in the comments.
4. 11 reminders from your mom if you’re having a bad day. Hoping one day I can give this advice. Ha! Doesn’t feel like it.
5. Really want to commit to doing one of those “one line a day journals.” I’ve tried for years and never stuck with it! I like to think my sunday blog post is… basically that.
6. TV things!! Um, all I can think about is the Dexter finale. First, I can’t even BELIEVE how good the season was ten years later. It was still SO good. And for it to end like it did, I was stunned. Did you watch it?
7. Also – we are obsessed with Encanto! We finally watched it. Can’t stop listening to the soundtrack and we all just sing it all day long. Emilia creates her own dances to the songs.
8. Reading hacks to read more. These are interesting. It’s one of the questions I get asked the most! For me, I just have always loved to read so much that it’s a huge part of my day. I love to escape! I’d pick it over almost anything else.
23 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Dexter New Blood Finale was amazing. Deb pulling her hand away was unexpected but meaningful, right? Speaking of TV, is anyone watching Yellowjackets? The present day cast is fantastic, especially Cristina Ricci.
Do you listen to Be There In Five? I feel like you’d love it! So much pop culture! So much 90’s nostalgia!
Podcasts! My favorite!
No One is Coming to Save Us, it’s about the history of childcare in America (6 part series- and Kristen Bell makes appearances)
Mobituries- Mo Rocca tells stories of the past that he thinks are worth sharing
Maintenance Phase- history/deep dive into terrible diet advice throughout the years
(I’m leaving off true crime as I know you’re not a fan BUT if you want a not-scary In the Dark season 2 is extremely well written and led to a supreme court case last spring!)
Love True Crime! Never heard of Dark. I’m on it! Thank you!
My podcast rec is Haileywood!
Podcasts: What Should I Read Next and The Sporkful (he created and produced a new pasta shape last year!)
I’m listening to Ascension Presents The Bible in a Year with Father Mike Schmitz. Uplifting, informative and enlightening! It’s really terrific!
Father Mike is such a gem! Love his youtube videos.
My favorite podcast is The Popcast with Knox and Jamie. So good and funny!
Yes! I also listen to their Bachelor/Bachelorette recaps (paid subscription) and Knox’s Survivor recaps.
YES! My favorite escape throughout the week – patreon is SO worth it!
Maintenance Phase and Good Inside with Dr. Becky
Dexter was fabulous; going to miss him but it was so well written and the best way to tie things up! Was wondering if you have any idea of a twist on making Sushi Stackers? Thanks!
Ha ha! I have NEVER been able to keep a journal. I’ve tried a dozen times since I was a child (which means I have probably a dozen different journals in the backs of drawers with the first four pages filled in) but I have ADHD and things like that just don’t work for me. I even tried that one line/one thought thing a few years ago and could only keep it going a few weeks. I do love the idea, though!
Yellowstone podcast (the version hosted by Jefferson White) & Everything Iconic with Danny Pellegrino for the most hilarious Bravo/Housewives recaps
Always look forward to your Tuesday Things (and really your entire site)! It’s such a good escape from the monotony of corporate office life – thank you, thank you and cheers to 2022 – you’re doing great! :)
Podcast Recs: Forever35, Girls Gotta Eat, Terrible Thanks for Asking, Be There In Five, Don’t Ask Tig, and Absolutely Not with Heather McMahan :):):)
Podcasts: A few others have mentioned Maintenance Phase, which I really enjoy– but also You’re Wrong About! (One of the Maintenance Phase hosts used to host that one as well!) They did a 5 episode series on Princess Diana which is what initially hooked me, but they cover so many interesting topics in history!
Also one that’s been around a very long time now, but I always enjoy Criminal. Can’t do true crime really since having kids, but the stories in Criminal are almost always very light and interesting, not murder/brutal stuff/kid-related. Also Phoebe Judge has the most soothing podcast voice.
I can’t stop telling people to listen to 70 over 70. The premise sounds boring but the interviews are fascinating and touching. The first episode is amazing and a great place to start.
Risen Motherhood. It’s just so encouraging and uplifting!
Axios Today – daily news in 10 minutes.
You’re Wrong About – weekly breakdown of recent pop culture/history moments and how the narrative we’re told isn’t always true. (ie: Princess Diana)
Journal – I had tried and failed at dozens of journals over the years, but started bullet journaling in November of 2020 and have been going strong ever since! there’s a book about exactly how to do it that really helped me get started. I love it.
Podcasts – I can never find the time to listen, I don’t know how people do it! can you ask people for their tips on when they find the time to listen?? but when I do, I love We Can Do Hard Things by Glennon Doyle, and her sister!
As far as podcasts go, I’d definitely have to recommend my own! It’s called Paige Talks Wellness — give it a listen on Spotify or Apple Podcasts! :)
Love this post and I have to plug my own podcast here. Listen to Coping With Ghosting if you have been ghosted – it will help you heal!