Cookies and Cream Bars.
These cookies and cream bars and ridiculously delicious! A brown butter, chewy cookie bar filled with crushed oreos. Perfectly chewy and crunchy at the same time and a hit for cookies and cream lovers!
This is just what we need on a Friday!
If there was ever a time to make a cookie bar and fill it with crushed oreo cookies, now is it. I give you permission!
These cookie bars are chewy and crunchy from the oreos with the ideal amount of cookies and cream flavor. They are the business.
We are a big cookies and cream family. Like, huge.
I’ve always enjoyed cookies and cream ice cream but Eddie loves it on another level. It is his favorite flavor of ice cream ever. If he ever gets a milkshake, it’s cookies and cream. He could probably care less about oreos in general, but crush them and add them to vanilla ice cream? Game over.
He now has Emilia hooked too. That flavor is her #1.
And while Max leans more towards mint chocolate chip, he also loves anything with oreos.
Here we are.
Oreo cookie cookie bars. Two cookies needed. Because we are putting oreo cookies IN cookie bars. Get it?
To make these beauties, I took my salted brown butter chocolate chip cookie bars and instead of adding chocolate chips, added crushed oreos.
OH YES. It’s that easy.
Very simple and nothing earth shattering but so incredibly good. In the testing phase, I was actually annoyed I hadn’t thought to make these sooner. Why didn’t I crush oreos for my cookie bars back in 2020, when we were making those bars on the regular?
If I had to choose between the original cookie bars and these, I choose these. I prefer the crushed oreos over the melty chocolate chips in a weird way.
And now you have weekend plans!
Cookies and Cream Bars
Cookies and Cream Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 oreo cookies, crushed into pieces
- flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Have a 9x13 inch baking dish out.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and let the mixture bubble, stirring occasionally, until brown bits begin to appear on the bottom. Once the brown bits appear, turn the heat off and continue to stir for about 30 seconds. Let the butter cool slightly. Take a pastry brush and brush a bit of the butter all over the bottom and sides of the 9x13 inch dish.
- Place the brown sugar in a large bowl. Pour in the brown butter and mix until combined and smooth - the sugar will somewhat dissolve. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring immediately after so they don’t cook if the butter is still warm. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the dry ingredients until they are almost combined. Stir in the crushed oreos until they are evenly dispersed.
- Press the mixture into the buttered dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and set in the center. Remove the dish and sprinkle the top with flaked salt if you wish. Let cool completely before slicing into squares.
This combo is life changing.