Mushroom Bacon Blue Burger Salads with Warm Dijon Vinaigrette.
This mushroom bacon burger salad is so satisfying and ridiculously delicious. Sautéed mushrooms and onions, gorgonzola cheese, crispy bacon and a warm dijon mustard vinaigrette. YUM.
Raise your hand if you’re obsessed with burger salads!
Burgers and salads, yes. Burgers turned into salads? Even better.
One of my all-time favorite recipes on the blog is my cheeseburger salad. It’s one of yours too! It’s so satisfying and just overall very delicious. Plus, it has a pickle vinaigrette that is out of this world.
I don’t know why I never thought about cheeseburger salad earlier in life, but I was definitely missing out.
It has all the goodness of a burger, just in a big bowl without the bun. If the bun is your favorite opart, you could always use croutons. Easy as that.
One of the main reasons I love a burger salad is because I don’t love super thick burgers. You know? I do love very thin smash-burger patties. Like LOVE them. But super thick burgers are not for me. So to ensure that I get all the burger-y things I love in one bowl, I crumble up the burger and add all the toppings.
In this case, a bacon blue burger salad.
So I’ve wanted to make a bacon blue burger salad for ages. Think caramelized onions and mushrooms, gorgonzola cheese, crunchy bacon – the works. It’s definitely indulgent and incredible, but you can take a few liberties when making it to fit your needs. There is no real recipe!
P.S. if you’re not a blue cheese fan, I highly suggest some swiss cheese here! Or gruyere. YESSSS.
My original cheeseburger salad is a chopped salad. That is my favorite variety of salad, and you can certainly chop this one all up!
For this burger salad, I brown the ground beef (or turkey!) and stir in some ketchup and mustard. I do this in all my burger recipes and promise it is KEY!! to the perfect burger-ish flavor.
Then I sauté the onions, mushrooms and garlic. I usually cook the bacon in a separate skillet, just to make both things happen quickly!
Next, it’s time to layer. I like a bunch of spring greens and baby spinach. Layer on the crumbled ground beef, the mushrooms and onions, the gorgonzola and bacon. I love to use cherry tomatoes and scallions for extra pops of flavor.
Finally, the dressing!
For me, the best part is the dijon vinaigrette. We know I’m a mustard girl through and through. The dijon dressing is just the perfect complement to all the burger flavors, with enough tart and briney flavor to offset the bacon and gorgonzola. I love serving it warm, like a hot bacon dressing or my hot ginger dressing, because it really adds something special to the salad.
This is a recipe that makes weeknight dinner FUN.
Mushroom Bacon Burger Salads
Bacon Blue Cheeseburger Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces spring greens or baby spinach
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook the bacon however you like to cook bacon! You can fry it in a pan, bake it, etc. Cook and crumble or chop.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it apart into small crumbles. Stir in the ketchup and mustard until combined. Transfer the beef to a plate or bowl.
- Keep the same skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil (unless there is a bit of fat from the beef). Add in the onions and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 to 6 minutes. If you don’t mind mixing everything, you can add the beef back into the skillet to warm it up.
- Time to assemble the salad! Add the greens to a large bowl or plate. Top with the ground beef, mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle on the gorgonzola cheese. Add the tomatoes and green onions.
- Drizzle with the warm dressing. Top with bacon and serve!
warm dijon vinaigrette
- Heat the ingredients together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk to emulsify the mixture until combined. Drizzle over the salad while warm.