Grilled Vegetable Naan Pizzas with Chimichurri.
These grilled naan pizzas are so easy and delicious. Loaded with tons of grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella and chimichurri, they are a huge hit and super customizable.
Grilled pizza is the best pizza!
I live for a pizza that I can make a million different ways and this does not disappoint. Add in an incredibly herby sauce and, well… there is no argument that this is incredible.
This is one of my favorite ways to prep a quick and delicious pizza.
We adore using naan for pizza, first off. It’s so fluffy and tender and delicious. I have a recipe for my own garlic butter naan here and it is phenomenal. It doesn’t require yeast and is super easy to make. So if you feel like making it from scratch, go for it!
Otherwise, just grab some of your favorite store bought naan because we’re throwing it on the grill anyway.
I love how easily you can turn these into ANYTHING you want. Naan or pita bread, any vegetables, a chimichurri drizzle – even the cheese can be customized to your liking!
Really, it is simple as can be.
Now, the veggies! I am never going to use an actual “recipe” for the vegetable part. I basically use whatever I have on hand. Whatever looks like it’s about to die a slow death in my crisper drawer or whatever I have leftover from the week. Or whatever everyone wants!
My go-to favorites for grilling?
Those ones are all soooo delish and you can’t go wrong.
I have lots of tutorials on grilled vegetables, but I mostly stick to one rule: I combine the veggies that have similar cook times. For instance, I usually keep thin asparagus spears and sliced mushrooms together. I also keep peppers and onions together. This way, nothing burns and I can always pull a pan off the grill.
Speaking of grill pans! I love to use them for vegetables. If you grilled veggies a lot like we do, I highly suggest this pan because it keeps everything contained nicely. You need high quality for that grill heat!
Of course, you can also find one on amazon and I use ones like that too. I’ve even bought mine at ALDI in years past. I like to have two grill pans on hand so I can use both for the different vegetables. It’s important!
Let’s see what else we have on this pizza…
I love to use fresh mozzarella. So I load up the naan with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella (sometimes I buy the kind that is marinated!) and then throw it on the grill until the cheese melts. Oh and I can’t forget the most important part – the chimichurri!
Chimichurri is a great sauce to have in the fridge to elevate your meals. It’s super flavorful and adds so much to any recipe. This is something you can make a few hours or a day ahead of time and it will stay nicely in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Eddie loves it on steak but my favorite use is for vegetables.
It makes them taste amazing!
So that’s how our naan pizza comes about. A bunch of veg, chimichurri, cheese and a quick grilling to bring it all together. Absolutely delish and charred to perfection.
Grilled Naan Pizza
Grilled Vegetable Naan Pizzas
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 pieces naan
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting. Let it heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the vegetables between two grill pans. If you don’t have grill pans, you can also use foil sprayed with olive oil spray. I like to combine the vegetables that have similar cooking times. So I combine thin asparagus spears and sliced mushrooms, then another pan with peppers and onions and broccoli.
- Drizzle the veggies all over with olive oil or spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the grill pans (or foil) directly on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 6 to 8 minutes, tossing a few times during the cook time. The asparagus and mushrooms will cook quickly and the peppers, onions, broccoli, etc will take longer. They may need another 5 to 10 minutes - you can cook them as long as you’d like. I like mine very charred and done!
- Brush the naan all over with olive oil. Top with a mixture of the grill vegetables and the torn mozzarella cheese. I lower the grill heat to medium-low so the naan doesn’t burn. Place the naan directly on the grill and close the lid. Cook until the cheese is melty, turning the bread a few times if needed.
- Remove the naan from the grill and drizzle all over with the chimichurri. Use as much as you’d like! Serve immediately.
- Combine the parsley, cilantro, oregano and garlic in a food processor and pulse until small leaves and pieces remain. Add in the vinegar and pulse once more. With the processor going, stream in the olive oil and mix until just combined. Stir in the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Taste and season additionally if needed.