1. Look at this savory breakfast bundt cake!
2. The kids and I went and got their school supplies this weekend and as we were doing so, I realized that for the ENTIRE SUMMER I had the wrong grade list printed off for Max. Thank goodness he can read – he’s the one who caught it! I had him a whole year behind, as if this year just never happened.
3. 100 of the best lunchbox recipes! I love this, even if I’m not packing a lunch.
4. Are you over slow cooker recipes or still into them? And not in exchange for the instant pot (I still can’t do it), just in general.
5. TV things!! Out of a lack of nothing to watch, I turned on FBoy Island last night. I hate myself for watching it but also couldn’t turn my head away. Whyyyyy.
6. How to fight off decision fatigue.
7. One of my mindless hobbies is basically looking for matching outfits for my kids. Maaaay have already looked for Halloween, Christmas, etc.
8. The fall is my favorite part of the year, it feels like a giant reset! Were we just conditioned to feel this way? I like it more than January.
22 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I still love slow cooker recipes! They are so easy and feel like such a win for dinner! :)
I still enjoy slow cooker meals, never got into insta pot. Also, we just starting watching 9 Perfect Strangers on Hulu.
Love the slow cooker- I came around on the instant pot but only in the sense it’s a pressure cooker (have never used the other features)
And only because my beloved pressure cooker broke (and I noticed while making dinner) and Target only had IPs (on sale!) a few years back
I also think of how much you hate the IP everytime I pull it out 🤣
Good slow cooker recipes are elusive and precious. Always up for them!
I have the ATK Slow Cooker cookbook and I have to say, I really love some of the recipes. I don’t tend to use the slow cooker to cook while I’m away at work (with commute time everything ends up overcooked because even on warm, nothing should stay in a slow cooker for 10+ hours!). I usually do a few batches on weekends and freeze for later or incorporate into meals (there’s a Moroccan Beef Stew with figs and chickpeas that is DELICIOUS and freezes like a dream, or I’ll do shredded beef or chicken for meals, etc). I love the hands-off aspect and the fact that I don’t have to run my oven for 4 hours (I mean, technically, my oven plus a dutch oven casserole dish can replicate any of my slow cooker recipes, but it uses so much more energy).
Immediately looking up this moroccan stew recipe! It sounds smashing.
Never ever tired of slow cooker recipes!
Not over slow cooker recipes! They are a lifesaver for working (outside the home) moms!
I am so grateful that there is another human not on the InstaPot train, I feel less alone.
Same! I was given one for Christmas a few years ago and the only things I can get to work in it are beans and bulk packs of chicken breasts for the fridge.
Obsessed with slow cooker recipes!! Anti instant pot
I use my slow cooker for heartier Fall/Winter soups and stews, never have been inspired for warmer weather when there are gobs of fresh barely cook meals! You should watch Blackbird on Apple tv, based on a true story, mesmerizing acting!!
I still like slow cooker recipes and I agree, no to instapot!
As a person who still works at my office, I find a lot of crock pot recipes aren’t actually helpful because they need to cook for 5 or 6 hours, so I can’t set it and come home to dinner.
Instant pots are good for hard boiled eggs and that’s about it!
If you guys have HBO max, check out Selena + Chef! It’s super entertaining
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
I always think about that line from Great Gatsby and I also feel like its a fresh start in the fall.
I’m still very into slow cooker meals – definitely a way to keep healthy options in front of the family. Always love new ideas!!
I still rely on at least a weekly slow cooker recipe so that I can get a few nights of dinner out of it. Having to cook only two to three nights a week is WAY more manageable. Is my food less exciting? Sure. Do I care right now? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Bring on the slow cooker recipes.
I totally geek out over lunch bento boxes and the recipies that go in them…I haven’t any idea why I love them so much…lol..
Still love a good slow cooker recipe for fall and winter!
Still love slow cooker recipes! Always need good ones for those days that you need dinner but don’t have the schedule to actually cook lol
LOVE slow cooker meals – perfect for avoiding take out on those busy school/sports nights :)
I love good slow cooker recipes! Not the zillion out there with cream of XX soup or cream cheese–I’m always looking for those tasty slow cooker dishes with fresh flavors and delicious spices.