1. I need to make this pumpkin tres leches!
2. Pre-2020 (and pre-kids) I loved getting my hair done – I didn’t mind if it took three hours or so for highlights. Now it’s last way I want to spend my time. To have a few free hours – I’d rather do something more relaxing or productive, etc. What has changed for you since 2020?!
3. Also on the list but we’ve talked about it before: online grocery ordering!! Yes I get the wrong items sometimes and occasionally the produce is sub par but it has changed my life time-wise.
4. Love these tips for decluttering the kitchen.
5. What are you reading right now? I just started scandalized.
6. TV things! I watched Luckiest Girl Alive. I can’t remember if I read the book?! While I didn’t love the movie, I thought Mila Kunis was amazing in it. Oh and I did watch Grey’s Anatomy! Meh. Seemed like they are trying to introduce a ton of new characters.
7. On setting healthy boundaries. I absolutely LOVE this. Some boundary setting has done wonders for me the last few years.
8. I just heard that dill pickle soup is a thing and OMG I have to look into this.
11 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Vomacka – while not dill pickle soup specifically – is a thing for the Czechoslovakian communities I grew up around. So tasty!
I order everything but my produce for order pickup. I still can’t let someone else pick my bananas or tomatoes. Even having someone else grab my dry/freezer goods still saves a ton of my time, though!
I am reading the first book from Jimmy Fallon’s book club & it’s called Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, by Gabrielle Zevin & it is amazing, I can’t put it down…I just finished reading The Lincoln Highway & it was also a wonderful book…Bonita
I read The Lincoln Highway as well. Loved it!!! :)
Tomorrow x 3 it my favorite book I’ve read this year. I miss Sam and Sadie.
I also don’t love getting my hair done anymore. I still take pride in my appearance but I think a lot of women embracing their greys have given me the confidence to do so as well. My wallet is certainly grateful! It feels better to me to have a lower maintenance beauty routine these days, something that is doable every day.
Growing up, my sister’s favorite restaurant specialized in Polish style meals and they had a dill pickle soup that was delicious!
I stopped getting biweekly manicures in 2020- my nails are healthier and honestly don’t miss that! I’ve never died my hair and I’m embracing my grays (I have blonde hair so it’s not noticeable) but the main reason is the amount of time I’d have to sit!
Omg, Jess 😳 number three. I can’t tell you how many times Jason has gone to the grocery store while cooking for a quick pickup of parsley and he’s brought me cilantro. I swear to god it happens in reverse. I got cilantro for meatballs and parsley for our tacos. My goodness lol
1) I’m with you on the hair (and I don’t even have kids!). It’s such a chore and tough to find an appointment and commit to it (TBH). Ugh. I just don’t find it relaxing anymore like I used to.
2) Yes, Dill Pickle Soup is a Polish thing and it’s amazing! I’ve made Noble Pig’s recipe before and it’s so good! :)
That’s the recipe I use as well and it’s delicious. LOVE Dill Pickle Soup!
My stylist switched me to a color that processes in TEN MINUTES and it changed my life. I am the world’s most impatient person and it’s been the freaking best.
Dill pickle..can you believe we have dill pickle hummus here in Canada! So good!!