Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Brownie.
Chocolate peanut butter lovers will love this brownie skillet! Chewy, gooey brownie swirled with peanut butter, then baked and served with vanilla ice cream. Dreamy!
Chocolate peanut butter lovers unite!
There is NO better combo on earth. I am telling you, chocolate and peanut butter were MADE to be together. It’s the most decadent, satisfying combo in all the land. And today, we’re putting said combo in a brownie skillet.
Oh yes. A whole skillet full of brownie for you and your friends. Or your family. Or whoever! Galentine’s Day? Valentine’s Day? Whatever you may celebrate on the 14th, even if (especially if?) it’s nothing, this brownie skillet deserves a spot on your menu.
Chewy, gooey brownie batter swirled with creamy peanut butter and baked until just set. Then topped with vanilla ice cream to cut the richness… and those melty vanilla rivers swirl through the decadence.
How is this allowed! It’s too good. Too delicious. So gooey and rich and the perfect dessert for any meal. It’s a keeper!
Look at that batter?!
Chocolate peanut butter has forever been my favorite. I have a crazy delicious recipe in my first cookbook for chocolate PB lovers brownies – they are so rich and decadent. It’s always been a comforting combo for me too, and I love a little peanut butter spoon topped with chocolate chips for a treat. My kids love it too.
This recipe is easy – we’re making the entire thing right in the skillet. From melting the butter to whisking in the brown sugar to the dry ingredients – the batter is a thick and luxurious classic brownie that will turn into the baked good of your dreams.
I love using this le creuest braiser for this recipe. It’s perfect for it! It’s a 2.25 quart braiser and is slightly over 10 inches in diameter. I use for in my kitchen almost daily. But you can use any oven-safe skillet for this, as long as it’s between 10 and 11 inches in diameter.
You do not want to overcook this! Burnt brownie is not a good look. Or taste. So make sure to test it a few minutes before it may be done. The crackly top is so perfect and that swirled peanut butter… swoon!
I like to serve it hot with vanilla ice cream. Maybe even a drizzle of melty peanut butter or a peanut butter spoon. You can top the brownie with extra chocolate chips when it comes out of the oven for a meltier chocolate punch too.
This is for chocolate lovers. There is no denying that!
The most fantastic dessert for a party or special dinner! xo
Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Brownie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Skillet
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a 10 to 11-inch oven-safe deep saute pan/skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, turn off the heat and whisk in the sugars until dissolved. Whisk in the eggs, making sure to quickly combine them so they don’t cook. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, espresso powder and salt. Add it to the skillet and stir until combined and on lumps remain. Stir in the chocolate chips. Dollop the peanut butter all over the batter then swirl it in with a knife.
- Bake the brownie skillet for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it is just barely set. You don’t want to overcook it! When it comes out of the oven, you can sprinkle with chocolate chips if you wish.
- Let cool slightly then serve topped with vanilla ice cream.
Ice cream rivers!!