Pound Cake with Strawberry Icing.
This classic pound cake is buttery and tender, drizzled in a strawberry icing for the best spring flavor. It not only tastes incredible but it’s beautiful too!
Welcome to the best new pound cake you’re going to love!
Buttery pound cake drenched in strawberry icing – it screams HELLO SPRING! Ideal for easter, berry season, warmer weather and really just any time you’d like to enjoy cake.
Which is always.
This is my Easter dessert of choice this year!
I can’t even explain just how much we all love this cake. The most incredible classic pound cake, drenched in a delicious sweet strawberry icing. It is dreamy!
It’s special and looks fancy, especially if you use a special bundt pan. But here’s the thing: it’s easy!
This cake is just a classic pound cake recipe by Ina. I make just a few minor changes and her recipe uses heavy cream. It’s the only one I’ve made that uses cream and comes out perfect every time. The texture is incredible.
Like most pound cakes, it’s slightly dense but soft and fluffy at the same time. This cake gives pound cake a good name.
Shockingly, you start this cake in a COLD oven. Yes, a cold one! I think this is the game-changer and the reason that this cake comes out perfect every time. It makes a difference and is a winning recipe.
I do use cake flour for this. I always have a box on hand, learning that tip from mother lovett and all the cakes she would make.
The prettiest part? The strawberry glaze, of course. How can we ever say no to hot pink food?
To make the icing, I utilize freeze dried strawberries. I love doing this. It’s so easy and really maximizes the strawberry flavor. Plus, the color is fantastic. Such a vibrant, gorgeous pink for a cake blanket!
I would like a cake blanket every night please.
The icing is embarrassingly easy. Whisk together powdered sugar and crushed freeze dried strawberries. Whisk in some vanilla extract and milk until it’s pourable and delicious. Drizzle it over the cake and be the happiest person ever!
This icing has a slight tang from the strawberries which complements the plain and rich pound cake so well. The combination is incredible.
Just look at how gorgeous this is!
It keeps well, looks beautiful and is the best way to say goodbye to boring old pound cake.
Make it today!
Pound Cake with Strawberry Icing
Pound Cake with Strawberry Icing
- Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. Make sure it is baking spray and not just traditional nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in each egg, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in half of the dry ingredients, then beat in the heavy cream. Finish with the remaining dry ingredients. Pour the mixture into the bundt pan.
- Put the pan on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Turn the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cake is golden and set.
- Let the cake cool for 30 minutes then invert it onto a piece of parchment paper or a cake stand/plate. Let cool completely, then drizzle with the icing.
- Note: use a food processor or a rolling pin to crush the dried strawberries into a smooth powder. You want it as fine and smooth as can be so you can have a smooth glaze!
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and combined. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time, whisking until pourable. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time.
- Pour over the cooled cake and let set for a few minutes before serving.
Fluffy cake pillow!