Double Berry Mascarpone Cobbler.
This summer berry cobbler is the best summer dessert ever. The filling is made with strawberries and blueberries and the topping is made with mascarpone cheese. Serve hot and bubbly, topped with vanilla ice cream!
Is there anything more perfect than warm cobbler + ice cream in the summer?
I think not.
This double berry cobbler has a mix of strawberries and blueberries in the filling. It’s topped with a light and fluffy batter made with mascarpone cheese and sprinkled with coarse sugar for some crunch and texture. If you’re a cobbler fan, then this is a must try!
Because here’s the thing. This might just be my new favorite cobbler recipe.
Cue every exclamation point that exists.
The topping is incredible – almost wonderfully cake-like and my favorite part? It uses mascarpone cheese!
But here’s the kicker. Instead of mascarpone, you can also use sour cream. Or even greek yogurt. I have tried all three and the result is excellent.
See? New favorite cobbler alert!
I have been making this nonstop with strawberries and blueberries. But you can use any fruit that you’d use for cobbler. I’ve done a mix of berries and I’ve also done blueberry peach – one of my favorite combos ever. There are blueberry peach cobbler bars in The Pretty Dish and they are just absolutely divine.
The mascarpone cheese is a huge winner in this cobbler recipe. Not only does it make the topping deliciously rich, but at the same time it keeps it light too. Don’t ask me how. Mascarpone is just magic like that. And yes, I’ve used the exact same amount of sour cream and the end result is still perfect. It’s like a foolproof cobbler topping or something.
And I am here for it!
I don’t even want to tell you how many spoonfuls of this Eddie has taken straight out of the pan after I make this. The soft cake-like topping melts right into the bubbly, syrupy berries and it truly is a fab combo. Even with a drizzle of heavy cream or whipped cream instead of ice cream, it’s so good.
Just look at that syrupy, berry filling!
Grab a spoon and go to town.
Summer Berry Cobbler
Double Berry Mascarpone Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, mix together the strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with the sugar and flour, then sprinkle on the lemon juice. Toss everything together well until the sugar is moistened and all the berries are covered. Let sit while you make the topping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Place the melted butter in a large bowl. Mix in the mascarpone cheese - this will take a minute to come together. You can use a whisk, spatula or wooden spoon. Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until fully combined. Drop the batter by the spoonful all over the berries. Sprinkle the batter with a little bit of coarse turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and cooked through. Let cool slightly before serving with ice cream.
Those vanilla rivers are my favorite.