Pickle Lovers’ Puff Pastry Pizza with Hot Honey.
My dream is pickle pizza!! Flakey and buttery puff pastry is layered with sharp white cheddar, dill pickle chips, ranch seasoning and baked until melty and cheesy. Drizzle it with hot honey for the ultimate flavor explosion!
Pickle pizza is the name of the game today.
I apologize to the half of you who absolutely hate pickles!!
To the other half, you are my people. And that is why we are making a cheaters pickle pizza today!!!!
Cue so many exclamation points.
Really though, if you hate pickles? I get it. They can be polarizing. Eddie doesn’t like pickles at all, so this pizza is his nightmare. Actually, sometimes I just text him pictures of this pizza to mess with him. It’s funny.
I, on the other hand, LOVE pickles. I live for pickles. It’s been that way since I was a kid and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. The tart, briney pickles call my name daily. And now, I even love sweet pickles. Give me dill or give me bread and butter, even spicy – I will take any kind of pickles.
Now this is my absolute favorite version of a pickle pizza.
I like to make my own faux ranch spread – I use plain greek yogurt or sour cream and I mix it with some ranch seasoning. I really like the ranch seasoning from Trader Joes! This spread goes right on the puff pastry. Basically, it’s the “sauce.”
Next, the cheese! I like to use sharp white cheddar with the pickles. There aren’t many better combos out there. Sometimes I’ll have a few pieces of sharp cheddar with pickles (and olives!) as a snack. It’s divine.
Then, the pickles. For this recipe, I usually like dill pickle chips. I find that they are bite size and the perfect shape to have a few pickles per slice of pizza.
So, I am no stranger to puff pastry pizza. I have multiple recipes for them in Everyday Dinners – they are one of my weeknight meal lifelines. Lots here on the blog too. And I love how quickly and easily they come together. The crust is so flakey and delicate, so it’s imperative that you don’t overload any section of the puff pastry. You want the pickles and cheese evenly distributed. And then you bake it!
This pizza takes 20 to 25 minutes and if you love pickles… oh my gosh. You will LOVE it. I finish it off with some fresh chives and of course, a big drizzle of hot honey. The spicy sweetness pairs super well with the dilly pickles. It’s like a huge flavor explosion that you can’t pass up.
I love this for a quick and easy weeknight meal, or even a party snack or appetizer. It’s sharp and tart and sweet and hot and just filled with such an incredible pop of flavor – with minimal ingredients.
Nothing better than that!
Just when I thought pickles couldn’t get any better!
Pickle Lovers' Puff Pastry Pizza with Hot Honey
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup dill pickle chips, patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water, beaten together for egg wash
- fresh chives, for sprinkling
- hot honey, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry on the parchment. Poke it all over with a fork - this helps it to stop bubbling up.
- Stir together the sour cream and ranch seasoning. Spread it all over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Sprinkle the cheddar all over the top. Layer on the pickle chips. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives. Drizzle on the hot honey. Slice and serve!