Herby Lemon Chicken Meatballs and Hummus.
These lemon herb chicken meatballs are delicious, versatile and easy to make! Serve with pita bread or hummus with rice, and all the toppings you love. These are super tender and juicy. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Meatballs for dinner!
These lemon herb chicken meatballs are tender and juicy, loaded with flavor and go with just about anything. Serve them with rice, pasta, in sandwiches – any way that you would like.
A chicken meatball plate is so incredibly satisfying, which is one of the reasons it’s a weeknight favorite here. I absolutely love serving the meatballs with hummus too. They are so delicious when you dip them, and from there I love to add in either rice or pita bread. Can’t go wrong! The hummus is the perfect dip or spread to pair with these.
This meal is simple, delicious and one that is incredibly versatile. It’s also a great way to change up meatballs if you love it. I love a little spin on traditional meatballs. You can prepare these ahead of time for lunch or serve them immediately after making the.
Oh. And I can’t believe how we’ve turned into a total meatball family. My kids adore meatballs! I didn’t really care for meatballs when I was growing up, so I’m thrilled the kids love them. And we eat them in so many different ways. I find that it’s a great way to elevate your weeknight meals without going too far out of the box.
To make these, I use ground chicken and add a ton of fresh herbs and lemon zest. I brown the meatballs in a skillet until cooked through, then use them from there.
If I don’t serve these in a pita, I love to add a dollop of hummus to a plate, top it with rice and then add the meatballs.
Next, I sprinkle on chopped tomatoes and feta cheese along with more herbs. This combination is heavenly!!
Seriously, cue all the exclamation points.
It’s meals like this that get me excited about weeknight dinners. They taste special and “different” from the norm – we’re not having pasta or tacos or breakfast for dinner. But at the same time, they are easy enough to prep them quickly. I love meals like that!
Add it to the favorites list!
Lemon Herb Chicken Meatballs
Lemon Herb Chicken Meatballs and Hummus
- 1 pound ground chicken, I like 93% lean
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 cups white rice, for serving
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- lemon wedges for spritzing
- Combine the chicken, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Form the mixture into meatballs that are roughly 1-inch in size.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs in a single layer and cook until they are browned on all sides and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, around 10 minutes or so. I highly suggest having the meat thermometer to test here so you don’t overcook the meatballs!
- Serve the meatballs with the hummus - I like 3 to 4 meatballs to about ⅓ cup hummus. Add on some white rice, tomatoes, feta and fresh herbs. Spritz with lemon before serving!
This plate is everything.