Does this look like anything special to you?

IMG_0347

Nope? Me either.

What about this?

IMG_0348

Didn’t think so.

On our honeymoon, my new hubby and I paid FIFTY dollars for this ice cream.

I KNOW!

What were we thinking?

Well, we went to Vegas (which we LOVED), and this ice cream came from Caesar’s.

Have ya’ll been there?

If not, there are ‘gelato’ (and I use that term loosely, because I have had real gelato) kiosks inside Caesars Palace. When you walk by, they literally GET IN YOUR FACE trying to give you samples. It tastes good, but not AMAZING. What gets you is the presentation of the ice cream. It has all kinds of yummy things on top – fresh fruit, candy bars, coconut, etc.

It looks like this:

las-vegas-venetian-gelato-picture

After days of samples and harassment, we finally gave in. We knew it would be expensive – we thought maybe a bit more than Cold Stone.

We ordered a small and a medium.

It was $50.

Yes. This is true.

And we didn’t even eat half. After a few bites, it tasted like colored ice.

But we did have these:

IMG_0268

Yes, they are in a white chocolate bowl.

And we did see this out our window:

IMG_0262

And that was a beautiful sight to see.

Especially since we had to stay in that hotel room after spending all our money on colored ice.

13 Responses to “Million Dollar Ice Cream.”

mistifogg — September 17, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

OMG! $50! I would of returned them both! High way robbery! You can get that stuff in our “high end mall” here in Orlando…….may two bowls for $10, it is really good but I think that is even expensive, I only by store icecream! =) Laura

P.S. It looked good though and loved the white chocolate bowls!

bluestocking — September 17, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

Beautiful view! Sorry to hear about the ‘colored ice’. Highway robbery indeed. Yikes!

bananaandchocolate — September 17, 2009 @ 5:21 pm

$50? That is insane!

VeggieGirl — September 17, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

Ugh, so sorry about the gelato! :(

I’ve been to Vegas MANY times, but have only blogged about one of the trips (my 21st birthday!) – check out the posts I did in May & June 2009, if you’d like :)

Gina — September 17, 2009 @ 5:48 pm

OMG! You would think that for $50 it would at least be the most delicious ice cream you ever tasted.

donna — September 17, 2009 @ 7:12 pm

Sorry for your loss! But it will make a great story to tell your grandkids one day. Oh wait…ice cream will probably cost $50 then! Good to find your site through PW.

Tara — September 18, 2009 @ 10:58 am

Funny the things we do on vacation! My husband and I do the same thing. We just always use the excuse “we’re on vacation!” and then we eat ramen for a week when we get home. ;)

LBDDiaries — September 19, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

Wow, at the VERY least you should have gotten edible gold. I mean the world’s most expensive ice cream costs $1000 and THEY give you: “23K edible gold and is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgence, served with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel. 5 scoops of the richest Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla are covered in 23K edible gold leaf. The sundae is drizzled with the world’s most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana, and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate. The master-recipe is wrapped up with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries. It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, known for its sparkling golden color. It’s further with sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac.” You got plastic? Those rip off dogs!!

That Kind of Girl — October 11, 2009 @ 9:17 am

Oh my goodness, that is out of control! When I was growing up in Vegas, I used to pass that gelato stand all the time when at The Forum shops with my friends and would occasionally get a scoop. I didn’t remember it as being so overpriced! Though of course this was a few years ago, and lord knows Vegas is constantly (d)evolving…

9.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 4:58 pm

I think $10 is expensive too! We almost died when the cashier rang us up!

9.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 5:25 pm

It is insane. It is true.

9.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 5:27 pm

Oooh I will definitely check them out! We’ve only been once…hoping to go back soon.

9.1