'Tis The Season.

For pumpkin.

Ok I am jumping on the bandwagon a bit late. For real. Starbucks started September 1st.

Sidebar: I SWEAR last year in October, BEFORE Halloween, one of the radio stations started playing Christmas music 24/7. I think it is a competition, who can start playing it the earliest. When does your holiday season begin? For me, HOLIDAYS start sometime in November. CHRISTMAS starts after Thanksgiving. I may have shopped before, but I love to enjoy Thanksgiving, then Christmas.

For me, pumpkin starts now.

I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. So delish. They are like tiny cakes.

My husband doesn’t like pumpkin. I hear it’s a fairly common thing? I cannot relate.

I use this in my cookies:

IMG_0676

For those of you that cannot tell what that is (due to my lack of education on taking photos), it is Pumpkin Pie Spice from Trader Joe’s.

I also really like to use Trader Joe’s canned pumpkin.

IMG_0677

But in this case I used Libby’s.

IMG_0679

I do love all things pink.

This time, I used white flour, unlike here.

IMG_0683

I also added cinnamon with that pumpkin spice.

I also use half a banana. Because I like them.

IMG_0640

This is the pumpkin mixture pre-flour addition:

IMG_0684

I wanted to gobble it up.

My mother and grandmother would kill them.

I wanted to lick this clean:

IMG_0685

Who is saying I didn’t?

I added some chocolate of course.

IMG_0686

Don’t you just want to eat that dough ball – raw eggs and all?

As we all know, I’m a cheater:

IMG_0687

I also don’t use a cute little scooper to put the batter on the pan. I use a spoon.

IMG_0688

A very regular spoon.

What I am was always yelled at for doing now when I was young:

IMG_0690

Opening the over mid-bake. I know it’s wrong. Please skip the lectures.

These come out perfectly, like small cake-like lumps full of chocolate.

IMG_0691

This baby with all the chocolate is mine.

IMG_0692

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in oil, pumpkin, banana and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake for about 12 minutes.

Ahhhhh…peace.

IMG_0698

The bad news: the cookie jar is almost empty again. There are only 2 of us in the house, and we know who doesn’t like pumpkin. Crap.

31 Responses to “'Tis The Season.”

VeggieGirl — September 17, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

Hooraaaay for pumpkin! :)

• JHunt — September 18th, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

They are so yummy! Like mini cakes. You gotta try!

The Foodie Diaries — September 17, 2009 @ 9:04 pm

Hahaha I hate when it’s obvious that you’re the cookie culprit by process of elimination :(

Lindsay — September 17, 2009 @ 9:15 pm

Those look so good!

I have a feeling they would disapear quickly in my house!

Amanda — September 17, 2009 @ 9:48 pm

Those look good. I am trying to imagine how they taste…

I’m not a huge pumpkin fan, but I think these might convert me!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Martha — September 17, 2009 @ 10:07 pm

Great post. I love pumpkin, cookies, and chocolate chip cookies too!

Thought you might be interested in the cookie contest/giveaway I’m hosting on my site. The winner get’s to choose the Betty Crocker Cookie Book of his/her choice…

My motto is that one can never have too many cookies or cookie cookbooks.

Paige@ RunningAroundNormal — September 17, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

Mmm those pumpkin cookies look yummy:)

Kitty — September 17, 2009 @ 11:57 pm

Octoberish starts when the wind starts to blow for me, and then Thanksgiving starts November 1, and Christmas November 1 too. I like the anticipation though, and I’m not one to enjoy opening presents on the 25th – I’d rather never open them and keep that exciting feeling all year!

bluestocking — September 18, 2009 @ 10:04 am

Hmmm, now I wonder if I’ve got any pumpkin in the pantry. Yum! And I agree, Christmas doesn’t start till after Thanksgiving, but pumpkin starts in September!

Tara — September 18, 2009 @ 11:01 am

I’m really liking your blog! I’ll have to put these on my “cookies I must bake” list.

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) — September 18, 2009 @ 1:29 pm

Pumpkin chocolate chip is one of my favorite combinations!

Libby’s is my favorite :) I need to stock up now..tis the season!

Tiffany! — September 18, 2009 @ 2:08 pm

I just discovered the pumpkin pie spice! I used to always by the mccormick one that as $5 for about 1/3 of the amount. What a rip off! I can’t believe I used to spend that much money on pumpkin pie spice when good ole TJ’s had it for $1.99

donna — September 18, 2009 @ 2:23 pm

I’m loving the pumpkin…the framed wrestlers…not so much!

HealthySDLiving — September 18, 2009 @ 3:08 pm

Those look delicious–I’m all about pumpkin right now!

Rebecca — September 18, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

what cool cookies and a fun post !

RedOne — August 23, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

You’re either a devil or an angel…I have yet to figure out which. Why? I can’t seem to forget how incredibly delicious these tasted last time I made them!

• RedOne — August 23rd, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

Okay, made them again and this time I changed the second cup of flour to oats. Then I ate my share x3 and left the room before I could finish them off!

bCa — February 10, 2011 @ 7:04 am

“Do you know what drives me crazy? When Giada and Ina and Paula don’t scrape the bowl and whisk clean. I am sure they do when they’re not filming. But when I’m watching and they pour the batter in the pan/sheet, etc, it drives me batty that they leave batter in the bowl. A good amount of it, too.”

Oh wow! Me too! I thought it was only me!
    By the way, just found your blog and decided to start from the beginning (I’m neurotic about reading things in order). So far I love it! hope you’ve gotten your camera troubles worked out by now (3 years later). =)

Bridget — October 17, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

I found a way to make them a little flatter! I was doing my prep work for 3 different recipes at one time and accidentally put my sugar in with my dry ingredients. I had gotten 3/4 cup in when I remembered that it was supposed to be with the eggs so I put the last 1/4 cup in with the eggs and whipped them together. The cookies came out tasting the same as my last batch, but looked a little flatter and more like traditional cookies rather than mini cakes. Thought you might enjoy this news even though you are over the pumpkin cookies per your latests blog posts. ;-)

Nancy — November 23, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

just WROTE down the recipe (cuz I dont have a printer) and im-a ready to start-a baking!

Ashley — September 14, 2013 @ 11:48 am

This post is amazing. :)

19.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 8:36 pm

Love it!

19.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

Totally!

19.1
    kittenz — September 20, 2009 @ 8:22 pm

Same thing happens at our house. Sometimes 3 FULL WEEKS go by and my husband says, “Hey, what happened to all the cookies?” (I want to-but don’t- answer,”Well, DUH! Cookies are best eaten when they’re fresh. So I ate ‘em when they were fresh.”) This from a man who’d rather eat LICORICE than cookies!!

19.1
    JHunt — September 17, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

They are going fast here….

19.1
    JHunt — September 18, 2009 @ 9:36 am

I so agree with you. I wish we could enjoy the anticipation all yr long. :)

19.1.1
    JHunt — September 18, 2009 @ 11:50 am

Thanks! The cookies are delish!

19.1
    JHunt — September 18, 2009 @ 2:15 pm

I felt the same! Like I was scammed for buying it at the grocery store. TJ’s is the best!!

19.1.1
    JHunt — September 18, 2009 @ 2:48 pm

Im with ya girl!

19.1
    Jessica — September 21, 2009 @ 9:02 am

Ugh! My husband would rather eat chicken breast than chocolate. I think he is insane!

1. Pingback: Year Four. | How Sweet It Is