…but I have to post pics of my lunch yesterday. I love Atria’s Octoberfest menu, and this should show you why.

I never…’utilize’ the bread basket.

IMG_1393

I am not a big fan of bread. Never have been. And I actually dislike white bread.

Well, most of the time anyway.

Last Sunday I made a grilled cheese in bacon grease on white tuscany bread. If it sounds gross, trust me, it wasn’t.

I ate a ton of this bread. I had not eaten since before my dentist appointment at 8 am. This was a late lunch at around 2 pm. Starving!

I had one of these.

IMG_1395

Watermelon martini. They are so, so good here. I love ‘em.

My husband ordered Sangria. I know what this implies.

IMG_1396

So did the bartender, considering she tried to give it to me first because she thought anyone who ordered Sangria in October must be female.

My most favorite soup ever.

IMG_1398

Bavarian cheese soup with FRESH WHIPPED CREAM and buttered croutons. OHH. EMM. GEE.

Look at that whipped cream. I inhaled this in about 4 seconds.

IMG_1399

Croutons that melt in your mouth.

IMG_1400

My husband skipped the Octoberfest menu and just got a burger.

IMG_1402

I thought the bun looks so yummy. It was buttered, toasted, and cheesy. Perfect.

He wasn’t hungry, but he ate the entire thing. Kind of like on Wednesday night when he called me from Chicago and told me he wasn’t hungry, then proceeded to go to PF Chang’s and eat 2 full entrees with all of the rice. Along with some mojitos. I tweeted about this.

I know you are wondering what’s up with him and the fruity drinks. I’m not sure either.

I ordered a side of potato pancakes.

IMG_1403

These were pretty good. For about 2 minutes. Because after 2 minutes, I CHIPPED MY NEW FILLING on a freakin’ potato pancake.

How does that even happen? My tooth has been driving me crazy since. Luckily, I have another dentist appointment bright and early morning to fill more cavities. Sweet.

I had a few more of these.

IMG_1404

Then promptly came home and passed out for 3 hours. I woke up with the beginning stages of an early-evening hangover. Having been at the dentist and numb all morning, I wasn’t able to drink my normal amount of water to stay hydrated.

A bottle of wine took care of that problem.

And to totally contradict the amazing meal I just posted, head on over to Julie’s blog and check out my guest post on my favorite fitness tips.

13 Responses to “I never do this…”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 17, 2009 @ 10:30 am

Looks like a delicious meal! The martinis look darn good too!

A bottle of wine can cure any hydration problem ;)

Have a great weekend!

eatingmachine — October 17, 2009 @ 10:33 am

cheese soup. such a wonderful concept.
    maybe complain about the pain to the dentist, and they’ll give you something good? i got way too much vicodin when i got my wisdom teeth out…

Kaytee — October 17, 2009 @ 11:23 am

You crack me up. Sorry about your tooth problem. I just chipped a filling myself, but not on delicious food… on a hammer. Don’t ask.

The Candid RD — October 17, 2009 @ 11:37 am

Yum!! Everything looks fantastic. I love the watermelon martini :)

I don’t really like white bread either…whole wheat is the bread for me. It’s healthier AND it tastes better

Melanie — October 17, 2009 @ 12:05 pm

Sounds like a very nice lunch. Everything looks so good and the drinks sound yummy.

Abby — October 17, 2009 @ 12:30 pm

YUM.. I remember going to Atria’s in the burgh!! I love the color of your drinks.. ya pink! :) Hope you can remedy your tooth!!

tanyams — October 17, 2009 @ 2:13 pm

looks yummy! but who the heck doesn’t like bread! thats just insanity woman!
    I, myself am so obsessed I could make it the only food I eat for the rest of my life. lol

xox
    tanya

Diana — October 17, 2009 @ 3:36 pm

Everybody needs these things sometimes :P
    I actually have a tooth that has been bothering me lately :| I hate going to the dentist. Not because I’m afraid or anything but I just hate hospitals and doctors and etc! :p

traveleatlove — October 17, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

Martinis and fitness tips go hand in hand, all part of a great balanced life! Cheese soup. . ohhh my gosh! Yum yum yum!

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) — October 17, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

Great guest post! I actually think that sandwich sound amazing ;-)

lowandbhold — October 17, 2009 @ 7:57 pm

Haha, the martini sounds good! I had an early hangover today from drinking during the game.

Lori Lynn at Taste With The Eyes — October 18, 2009 @ 11:13 am

That soup looks amazing.
    LL

Lele — October 18, 2009 @ 4:49 pm

The watermelon martini is so adorably girly. And that soup with the fresh whipped cream, oh em gee indeed.