Pens Pumpkin.

Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

My hubby carved a Pittsburgh Pens pumpkin! Not only is he incredible sweet and creative – but he is super talented, too!

He did not use a template and simply looked at the Pens logo and just began to carve. How impressive is that!

IMG_1891

IMG_1896

IMG_1898

Awesome, huh?

I was shocked to find out that there even IS such a thing as a carving template. We got a pumpkin carving kit and to my surprise, it was filled with tons of intricate stencils.

This irked me, and destroyed some childhood dreams. I remember trick or treating when I was younger and seeing these exact same templates carved into pumpkins. I thought the people who could do this were so talented and I always wished I was an artist.

Cheaters.

I attempted one myself.

IMG_1892

IMG_1895

It is no secret that I have zero patience.

This made me want to dig my eyeballs out chunk by chunk with the cheap carving tool. From now on I will be sticking to triangle eyes and toothless grins.

I made some bbq and buffalo chicken pizzas on Joseph’s Lavash wraps.

IMG_1903

IMG_1901

Then forgot to take pictures as I was finishing them. Try to imagine their beauty.

Although we live in a huge housing plan, we only got about 12 trick or treaters. Therefore leaving me with all of this.

IMG_1894

My hips won’t lie.

I’m very excited about it being November. Not only because it is my birthday month, but also because I feel like I can officially begin listening to Christmas music without feeling like a nerd.

I must go now, as my 36 year old husband just informed me he is watching the animated ‘Horton Hears a Who’. We have no children.

Well, he has no children. It’s time like these where I could possibly say I have one.

17 Responses to “Pens Pumpkin.”

Kelly — November 1, 2009 @ 11:25 am

i almost did that pattern on my pumpkin! lol, did you get the kit at wal-mart?!

• Jessica — November 1st, 2009 @ 12:20 pm

I think he got it at Target. I am seriously devastated that ppl don’t carve those themselves.

Catie — November 1, 2009 @ 11:41 am

The pumpkins look so cute!!

Sana — November 1, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

heheh! Those are super cutee! lol, i hope you enjoyed the movie!

The Candid RD — November 1, 2009 @ 12:57 pm

Wow, very impressed with the Penguin pumpkin!! I am like you, no patience for that kind of stuff, a smiley face is just fine with me :)

Enjoy all that leftover candy!!

Lesley Living Life — November 1, 2009 @ 2:48 pm

Very impressive pumpkins!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — November 1, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

Aw, I think your pumpkin looks great! We had zero pieces of candy left thankfully!! We had a crap ton of trick or treaters – it was nice!
    Your husband is so cute! Enjoy the show:)

Diana — November 1, 2009 @ 3:40 pm

Aw, big kids are the best. Forever yooooooung.
    And those pumpkins look cute!

kay (eating machine) — November 1, 2009 @ 6:06 pm

i drew my pumpkins face. with a blue sharpie.

my brothers have used a saw of some sort. which makes amazing pumpkins, but leaves you washing pumpkin guts off your saw…

Antonio Ferreira — November 1, 2009 @ 6:36 pm

the “boo” pumpkin looks awesome :)

Lauren — November 1, 2009 @ 6:43 pm

Love the PITT Pumpkin! Being a fellow PA resident myself, anything PA supporting pumpkin is a fan of mine! ;)

We hardly got any treaters last year so we opted out this year. I know I know, it’s awful, but thankfully, we didn’t get egged!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Erica — November 1, 2009 @ 7:12 pm

WOW! Your husband is artistic! As are you…I couldn’t do that, even with a stencil! Oh man! I can’t lie…I was sort of excited that we ran out of candy so fast. But…I didn’t even get a piece. Might have to run out and get myself a little treaty this week. Have a fun night with your kiddo ;)

Light Delight with TouTou — November 1, 2009 @ 9:34 pm

Hi Jessica, the pumpkin looks “scary” enough !!! hehe, I ‘m surprise to know pumpkin carving is a serious business too! got to check it out:)
    btw, I like your idea of having pizza on wrap! saves time and taste like thin crust ! I sometime have them on pita bread too :) well too lazy to roll a dough!

Amanda — November 1, 2009 @ 9:50 pm

Look at you with your own domain name and everything. You GO girl!!!

GREAT looking pumpkins.

SEND ME THE CANDY NOW. Whoops! I was going for subliminal, but ended up shouting.

sophia — November 1, 2009 @ 11:08 pm

Yay! Your own domain! I’ll be moving this winter myself.
    And great pumpkins! Impressive!!

Courtney F — November 2, 2009 @ 6:05 am

What a creative and talented husband you have. We didn’t buy candy for the chance we wouldn’t have any trick or treaters. We didn’t and I am so thankful I resisted to buy any candy.
    But you know you can’t WASTE that candy. It would be inhumane!!

Nixie — November 2, 2009 @ 7:06 am

Your husband didn’t send those pictures of that to FoxSports Pittsburgh, did he? During the Jackets-Pens game on Friday they showed a pumpkin just like that one with the candle flame in the exact same place.
    Regardless, that he did that without a templete is very cool. (Although I would prefer a CBJ logo on mine. :-))