The minute I told my friend Cindy about my blog, she decided she wanted this cake.

cake

She was only the 2nd or 3rd person I ever shared the blog with, and she was so supportive. I was more than happy to make her anything.

First she wanted the cake around Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then finally decided she wanted it for Christmas. :)

On Christmas Eve, Cindy and her hubby, Nick, came to pick up the cake and brought me presents!

I have been whoring them out showing them to everyone who steps foot into my house and going on and on and on about how much I love them.

This gorgeous mortar and pestel, which matches my kitchen perfectly!

IMG_2957

And this rolling pin that can go in the fridge to get cold before rolling out some dough.

IMG_2958

Look at how intricate and beautiful it is.

IMG_2960

I just love these gifts. I love Cindy and Nick too, although I think they bought me these with an ulterior motive – so I can make them more goodies. :)

Thanks, guys!!

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #23 – UPPER BODY & some FUNCTIONAL TRAINING

I love a great strength training workout that keeps my heart rate elevated. Enjoy!

20 overhead dumbbell presses

10 burpees

45 seconds russian twists w/ medicine ball

20 dumbbell chest presses on stability ball

10 pushups

30 seconds mountain climbers

20 lat pulldowns

20 Rear Delt Flys

12 plyo pushups

75 second plank hold

15 triceps dips with legs elevated

REPEAT 3 more times

While the repetitions of 20 are a bit on the high side, make sure to use a weight that is challenging by the 17th-20th rep.

Check back today for a full page on the No More Resolutions Workouts! :)

19 Responses to “A Favorite Gift + Upper Body Functional Work”

Cindy Coniglio — December 30, 2009 @ 7:52 am

We are so glad you love your gifts. The cake was amazing. We have been eating it every night hoping it would go away. lol.. Im so happy you are in my life and your are such a great friend.. xoxoxo

brandi — December 30, 2009 @ 9:06 am

the cake looks amazing, and what great presents! It’s fun to get those ones that you absolutely love.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 30, 2009 @ 9:10 am

Beautiful gifts!!

That cake looks amazing…just like everything else you make! :-)

Mellissa — December 30, 2009 @ 9:31 am

I love that rolling pin- I need to get a better one than the cheap wood one I have from Target.

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen — December 30, 2009 @ 9:39 am

Can’t wait to check back later! That sounds like a great workout, definitely something I’ll be doing this afternoon :)

janetha b — December 30, 2009 @ 9:48 am

those new kitchen gadgets are amazing! love them! cant wait for the next post

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — December 30, 2009 @ 10:08 am

I got a very similar marble mortar and pestle as well! I’ve been showing mine off like crazy too. Aren’t they the coolest things!?

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — December 30, 2009 @ 10:15 am

Goodness I adore that mortar and pestle and rolling pin! Such fabulous friends!

Julie @savvyeats — December 30, 2009 @ 10:40 am

Those gifts are absolutely beautiful!

Stef — December 30, 2009 @ 10:45 am

Your friends know how to pick some great gifts- those are beautiful and functional!! I think it’s awesome that you have shared your blog with a few choice people in your life, I don’t know if I’ll ever work up the nerve to do that!

The Candid RD — December 30, 2009 @ 12:03 pm

Oh I wish I could just request sweet desserts and cakes from you, and have you whip them up for me!! I’ll take a carrot cake, with extra frosting please :)

That rolling pin sounds great! What a good idea to make one that is meant to go in the fridge. Why didn’t I think of that?! Darn it!

intheskinny — December 30, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

Oh my gosh – that cake is to die for!! I have to think of a time to make it for someone – I’m not a cake fan either. I just love baking (and getting the treats out of my house quickly).

That is the sweetest rolling pin I’ve ever seen!

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — December 30, 2009 @ 1:11 pm

LOVE the gifts.. how beautiful! Glad it matches your kitchen.. it def would not match my out of date 80s countertops :( Lol ENJOY them!!

julie — December 30, 2009 @ 2:41 pm

awww what sweet gifts! thats so awesome that they had such a great response to you telling them about your blog! you should tell EVERYONE you have such amazing recipes girl :)

Jenny — December 30, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

Oh my goodness those are gorgeous gifts! What a sweet friend :)

Melinda — December 30, 2009 @ 3:45 pm

Great gifts from your friend. We have a mortar and pestle that we registered for and haven’t used it yet, but it looks awesome on display in the dining room cabinet. I swear we will use it one day!

She-Fit — December 30, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

You need to keep these friends :) haha

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 6, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

That cake looks AMAZING!

Tricia — April 4, 2011 @ 10:27 am

I did this workout this morning, it is awesome! My arms were jello on the third set, love it!